Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asoa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#27 6 years ago

Keeping peoples money is not the right thing to do. Wait until I sell this to someone else is really not the industry standard. I do not know the real story but it seems as if things could have been explained a lot better when making the sale to begin with. Not everyone knows that companies LE #'s do not go in order. If I was not in the industry it could have been an easy assumption from an in educated buyer. SWLE has been out for a long time now. If I ordered mine and asked for a #16 not knowing what I know I would have been pissed. If you are an experienced seller/ distributor perhaps this should be explained prior taking almost 9k from someone. Separate note more money for low Number? WTF! You lost me there. Charge a restocking fee to make sure customers do not back out. Or just say all sales final. But to keep a customers money until you resell the game sounds a little shaky to me. Again I was not there but if people can learn anything from this please ask questions and have it all in writing. No room for error. We are dealing with a lot of money here. Lets ALL be more careful. I hope the Buyer does receive his money soon. Please update the community when the check arrives & clears.

#31 6 years ago

I really dislike when someone is attempting to plead their case and people are very quick to dismiss them. I was under the assumption that this Great Fourm was a way to call upon others for help, information and warn people of potential harmful situations. Lets all try to watch our words so we are not slandering people. Perhaps even the Title is a little harsh. This seems like an unfortunate situation for both parties. It has been made public so people will see the outcome. (Whatever that may Be)

#35 6 years ago

Sorry its so close to Halloween I just had to do it.

IMG_0605-820x1024 (resized).jpgIMG_0605-820x1024 (resized).jpg

#58 6 years ago

Disgusting..... Plea for help and the OP gets bashed. Tell your story show your proof and yet still kiss the other guys ass. I'm sure if you guys got the whole I will pay you your money back when I sell this game crock of shit. You guys would be singing a different tune. Why is this guy out all of the money when the distributor did not even receive the game from stern. Or did he. More BS. Leave this guy alone. He is right for publicly explaining his situation. Yes he was told check is in the mail but he has been told that for over a month now. Calling him a douche. Really? This was his only chance of getting his money back. It has been made public and if the OP does not get his check soon EVERYONE will know and not even the Fan boys sticking up for this guy will be able to make him look good. Come on guys 9K... We are talking about alot of money. Put yourself in his shoes.

Pinside is supposed to be here to help one another.

#69 6 years ago

I'm sure you have had great experiences with this company. And it is great that you tell people and post positive feedback. That is great for everybody. Let's just not dismiss this guys issue because others have had positive dealing with them. You can't say that everything sounds right when a company that size says I will pay you when I sell this game to someone else. We are not here to pass judgement. If the company says they will refund this guy his money then that is what I would like to see happen. After that life goes on. I'm sure the OP will find another company to order his games from in the future.

#91 6 years ago

Mailed October 20,
    Wait what is today's date?

snailmail2 (resized).pngsnailmail2 (resized).png

#104 6 years ago

Wait you lost my support when you said you bought 2 Transformers.

#172 6 years ago

Again my apologies. I had to.

judge-judy-story-going-with (resized).pngjudge-judy-story-going-with (resized).png

#182 6 years ago

So now here is the real question. Where is SWLE #16. We need to find this game.

#187 6 years ago

Soooo....Did the check arrive today?

#196 6 years ago

Leave the OP alone!!!! He just wants his money as he was promised!!!!! At this point all the BS leading up to FUN saying I will send you a check for the X amount is irrelevant. Let's wait and see when or if this guy gets his check as promised.

#223 6 years ago

you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpgyou-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg

#301 6 years ago

Sooooo Did you get your check?

The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpgThe-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg

#305 6 years ago

HEY FUN!

We are watching. What is your excuse now? Post #305 and still no check. You would think by now you could have issued a stop payment and next day him another check. Or stop payment on the check and Bank wire the funds back into his account. Tell you what I will help out. Send him the wire and I will pay your bank wire fee up to 20.00. You attempted to reach out to me to explain your situation. How about return his money and then we can talk.

I may remind you hundreds of pinball enthusiasts are now aware of this situation. Make it right.

#314 6 years ago

Admit Fun is caught with there hand in the cookie jar and still has done nothing to make it right other then offer false promises.

#320 6 years ago

Just thought it would be nice to help show everyone in Pinside FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore. If they were looking to buy a new Limited Edition Pinball perhaps give this company a call.

Perhaps ask them there special order and return policies before buying or you can ask if they have any outstanding upset customers. Seems like good questions to ask prior buying a new pinball from any company.

http://pinballandmore.com/

FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore
    4539 Gus Thomasson Road
    Mesquite, Texas 75150

(972) 686-7808
    [email protected]
    Store Hours:
    Mon - Fri 8:30a to 5:00p
    Sat 10:00a to 4:00p

****No need to thank me for the plug. I love helping good people.*****

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

All distributors should beware of this guy as a buyer lol
    Three year member, who has a brother with LE games, wants us to believe he thinks the number plate on an LE is the actual number Machine off the line...
    I rest my case. Peace!

Yes all distributors it is now fair game to steal his money.
    How the hell are you justifying not returning his money? Especially since they have announced that they would do it publicly.

#348 6 years ago

Guess it stems from low number comic book collectors. Lower number equates higher value. Or just the OP's lucky number. However after recent events not sure that is the case.

#354 6 years ago

I don't know about everyone else here on Pinside. But I'm over FUN at this point.

870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg

#358 6 years ago

Cosmo that is awefull. Funny but awefull.

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Threads like this make me appreciate Melissa at Cointaker even more.

Cointaker is a great Distributor. Melissa is great. Very honest and Fair.

#380 6 years ago

F it he gets a down vote by me. ( who cares about pinside points anyways lol)

OP You might be frustrated but you can't make us all go through this and just a simple kiss at the end of the night.

What did FUN say in the PM? Really this is like a reality TV show. Keeping up with the Pinsiders.

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and
    in someway over time I can gain the respect back of the pinside community.

Well played!
    That is great news for all. This has been a train wreck. I believe once the OP gets his refund. The dust will settle and everyone can move past this. There were alot of people who said that FUN was good to them so that speaks as to you guys know how to do good business. Accidents happen wrongs can be corrected. No one is perfect and We are never too old to learn from our mistakes. We need more good distributors promoting pinball it would be a shame to loose anyone that is on board with this agenda. Congrats to ALL parties!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asoa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=asoa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.