Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Just want to warn anyone considering buying a pin from these guys, long story short I paid them back in june for a new stern order after failing to deliver it they have been making excuses and giving me the run around for months on giving me a refund. Stern has also got involved in trying to get them to send me a refund
    Edit:
    I would encourage everyone to read his side of the story and than look at all the emails from Fun! Billiards and superstore that I have posted in this thread after his ramblings. Keep score of all the lies he was caught telling he is now nowhere to be found and refuses to answer the questions that people have raised in this thread

#6 6 years ago

They were the only one I could find that still had allocation left for swle

#7 6 years ago

Im sure he is aware of the situation, stern to their credit has also called them several times to get them to issue me a refund

#18 6 years ago

There are 2 sides to every story, the truth and the lieing side, why dont you post all the emails ( if I knew how to I would post them) than people will know which side you are you first told me to remove the plaque and screw on another number I refused. Than you emailed me you would not refund the money, than you emailed me I had to pay you 25% fee if I wanted a refund you did not get stuck with it, stern sent it to another dealer, it wasnt until stern got involved and told you to refund the money that you agreed to do so, you did not intercept the original game and I have proof of that as well, you told me in another email you were sending a refund on sept 15, and than in an email on oct 17th you said the check is in the mail, than on 10/30 email you said you were going to stop payment on that check and send another only to have your secretary send another email an hour later saying you cant do that 2 1/2 months You have been giving me the run around about a refund is a lot of patience how many times has stern had to call you to tell you to refund the money I have those emails too nothing you said is true and the emails prove it

#24 6 years ago

Thats the whole point I have not received a dime of my money back from them, not only being paid by me stern also sent them a check for the game that was suppose to be forwarded to me that was another excuse you gave in an email on 10/3 you were waiting for a check from stern, which you received so why would they send you a refund check if you got stuck with the game and had to resell it

#26 6 years ago

You got stuck with game, I think not

IMG_2541 (resized).PNGIMG_2541 (resized).PNG

#28 6 years ago

IMG_2543 (resized).PNGIMG_2543 (resized).PNG

IMG_2545 (resized).PNGIMG_2545 (resized).PNG

IMG_2544 (resized).PNGIMG_2544 (resized).PNG

#33 6 years ago

Hassellcastle you are awfully quiet, in your response you said you got stuck with #16 and told me I would have to wait until you resold it to refund me ( actually forgot about that excuse) but the copy of the email I posted prooves that is another lie and you received a check from stern for the game in september and never had to take the game I think its obvious which side is lying go ahead and post more lies and try to spin it your way Like I said emails dont lie

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

There is two sides to every story.
    Brandon (aka allpinball) as stated in e-mail privately to you. The check was cut on Oct 17th and mailed on the 20th. You will see that it arrives in the next few days and this can be put to rest. Sometimes mail takes longer than normal. Or things get lost in the mail. No one is scamming you. All we ask is your patience to which you have proven time and time again you don't have. (see below)
    All this could have been avoided if you would have taken delivery for the game YOU had ordered.
    You ordered Star Wars LE #16 paying extra for the low number. Low number games cost extra not only to the customer but to the distributor as well.
    So a specific game was ordered especially for you.
    Although there was a snafu from the manufacturer shipping out the wrong numbered game at first. Which we intercepted
    at the terminal before it was to be delivered. Options were given to which you declined.
    We then inform you that #16 was on Stern's dock and we were then ready to ship you YOUR correct game you ordered.
    Then for whatever reason you get cold feet. Your logic as you told me over the phone was that because it was #16 you were expecting to get
    the 16th game off the production line. I told you that isn't the case...you were bent out of shape that other LE owners got their
    LE's before you and now your #16 was meaningless. All the while this was only a week since your game was original supposed to ship.
    You stated you didn't want the game anymore because you wanted your game first before everyone else.
    Your answer to me then was if we were to then ship you #16...(the game you ordered!!!) you would refuse the shipment.
    So pretty much you were leaving us in a ringer taking a low number game....we really didn't want.
    Since you wouldn't take delivery....you left us no choice but for us to take delivery of a low number game and you were informed
    you would be refunded once the game had sold.
    Although it didn't sell overnight the game finally sold and now your check is in the mail. Honestly.
    We have nothing to gain by keeping your money and that was never the intention.
    So I ask this ...of those reading this e-mail. What did we do wrong? Maybe the post shouldn't read beware of FUN! but beware of Brandon the buyer.
    I really didn't want to air this dirty laundry ....but man. You have left me no choice.
    As I said...there are two sides to every story.

IMG_2541 (resized).PNGIMG_2541 (resized).PNG

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Sorry its so close to Halloween I just had to do it.

Exactly it doesnt take 3 weeks to get mail especially when they said on september 15 they would issue the refund

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

All I can do is shake my head in wonderment at the importance some people put on a stupid number. This thread perfectly exemplifies just how ridiculous LE games have become.
    I gotta call this one for OP.. he ordered a game and FUN failed to deliver the right machine in a timely fashion, so OP cancelled his order. If "number 16" is important enough that OP specifically ordered and paid extra for it, it's important enough for the distributor to get that numbered game to him *on time*.

Good point that was when the first lie was told to me, he emailed me in July to tell me the game was ready to ship send me the balance which I did only to find out stern did not in fact tell him it was ready to ship and he just told me that to get the balance as he originally told me I would not have to pay the balance until it was ready to ship

IMG_2546 (resized).PNGIMG_2546 (resized).PNG

#43 6 years ago

You woul'nt need anymore, he's not going to post anymore now that he has been caught lying by the emails

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

There's the signpost up ahead, this thread has just crossed The Annoying Zone.
    OP, your money's on it's way. Don't be another douche that beats a dead horse into dust.
    Craig, what the heck were you thinking entering into a 'partnership' with Steve Nordseth? After how many hundreds of posts about 'questionable' and 'shady' business dealings? Well, just be prepared for blowback or to be haunted by all those people that dealt with SN and ended up on rec.games.pinball saying they wished they had searched that site for FUN! before buyng.
    Best of fortune to all parties involved...except SN.

It's hard to trust my money is on the way since I have been feed that line since sept 15th, I am not trying to beat a dead horse Im just trying to get the truth out there and maybe it helps someone else from not having to go through what I have had to go through that is why I posted the emails to prove what he said is not the truth and far from it and to show what they have been doing

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Probably the smartest and most professional move he could do at this point.
    You made a personal dispute public with a half story in the beginning. The guy came in this topic to tell his side of the story and defend his livelihood. We all seen you crawfished out of a special purchase from a retailer who has no control on how fast Stern can get you a special ordered game or name plate.
    I really am sorry to hear your money was tied up for awhile and I'm not taking sides on the matter. In the end, you are getting your money back in full (so it seems) and he isn't stuck with a pin. Problem seems to have been resolved in all aspects before the public announcement. So what's the problem other than this is turning into a Jerry Springer session?
    I've been to retailers and things didn't happen as fast as I would have liked but I never played Paul Revere about it and it's always worked out better for me that way. You should try it some time. A little respect and patience goes a lot further than a pissing match ever will.

I was told since september 15th they were going to give me a refund, its been a month and a half and still nothing would you still think your money was coming because I dont

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Disgusting..... Plea for help and the OP gets bashed. Tell your story show your proof and yet still kiss the other guys ass. I'm sure if you guys got the whole I will pay you your money back when I sell this game crock of shit. You guys would be singing a different tune. Why is this guy out all of the money when the distributor did not even receive the game from stern. Or did he. More BS. Leave this guy alone. He is right for publicly explaining his situation. Yes he was told check is in the mail but he has been told that for over a month now. Calling him a douche. Really? This was his only chance of getting his money back. It has been made public and if the OP does not get his check soon EVERYONE will know and not even the Fan boys sticking up for this guy will be able to make him look good. Come on guys 9K... We are talking about alot of money. Put yourself in his shoes.

Pinside is supposed to be here to help one another.

Thank you

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

If I was the business I would be mad at Stern for fouling up the order, not the buyer! A company that size should have it a little more together on a special order. It happens, and Stern should have made it right for the Fun and for the buyer?

Not trying to defend stern but they have made it right for fun they sent them a full refund last month and also placed extra credits to their account so I am told. Fun is out nothing, im the only one out anything

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

And the admitting of the offer of switching plates gets me. That is a little over the top. Sure, I'm sure it goes on.But......To admit it openly? Ouch!!
    I'm with you...This isn't $100, this is 9 grand! I'd come unglued at this point!!!! I've been in business and understand there are two sides, and sometimes it's a juggling act with money etc...I get all of that. But!!! The Op didn't just back out...There were things there that may have made him uneasy. I get that too! I've had to return money on stuff in the past as a business owner, That money was already spent, and had to actually borrow it to pay and keep the customer happy. "The customer is always right."
    I see both sides...But 9 grand makes most people a little edgy when a return doesn't happen swiftly! I know!! I wouldn't handle it well....."Don't send me the check, I'll be down to get it! So have it ready!"

Thank you

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Am I missing something here? There are several people saying that Fun! could not deliver the pin he ordered. It seems to me that the specific pin he ordered was actually made available and the op "got cold feet" and declined exactly what he ordered, outright refused it, stating he would not accept shipment if they sent it out.
    What if this particular title was a block buster? So popular and in demand that people were able to resell their LE for $10k or more? OP, would you have still backed out of the order? Did you find another Star Wars LE to buy and are you getting it? If not, are you still going to buy a Star Wars LE elsewhere when you get your refund?
    It seems to me that this title had so much hype and anticipation, pin fever was wide spread and all LE allocations were spoken for. Once the pin was out for a minute the truth of this pin came out along with its issues and it was no longer the desired title everybody was so hot to get ahold of. So here was an opportunity to back out.
    This is why full refunds are a problem on "limited" and "special" orders. If it were so easy to get a full refund, anybody could put money down or full payment ensuring them a purchase. If they decide they don't want it anymore for whatever reason, the business has had to deal with a lot of extra work for free in addition to overhead and cost that were not part of the current financial plan. Other "serious" customers might have missed out on an opportunity or the business might have lost a transaction to a regular customer because of unavailability. Then finally all the drama that is tied to the whole process comes out, reputations are trashed, lines are drawn and now pinball sucks atleast for awhile.

You are missing something. They lied to me from the very start in July and the screwing on a different plaque was the last straw. If they would of simply told me sorry we shipped you the wrong # we will ship it back to stern and have stern send you the right one everything would of been fine. Instead they chose the path they did. I asked for a refund in the very beginning before any le models hit the streets. You are also missing the fact that this whole deal cost them nothing they actually profited from it as they got all there money back from stern plus credits put on their account while also keeping my money and not returning it. How would you like to be in my position knowing they have profited from stern and kept your money and have their response to your question about wheres your refund answered with smartass responses like no clue its in the mail, check your mailbox again, why dont you continue to keep an eye on your mailbox, go talk to the post office, I will stop payment on that check and send another than 2 hours later I cant do that keep looking in the mailbox. You are also missing the fact that he came on here and said he got stuck with the game and had to resell it before he could give a refund which is a bold face lie just like the other stuff he said

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, we got it. You backed out of the deal leaving the retailer on the hook. They didn't charge you any fees but slow refunding. They could be a little more deligent and you could be a little more understanding. You will get your money and life will go on.

How did I leave the retailer on the hook? They got there money back from stern plus credits applied to there account, and are keeping my money

#96 6 years ago

as I stated earlier there are two sides to every story. There are a lot more little details I would like to add some of which I'm not liable to post publicly due to our distributor agreement. Allpinball has repeatedly posted lies now to which I now must defend. Please make sure all you have stated publicly is correct allpinball, slander of a company might not be the route you want to continue to take my friend.
    Brandon throughout your communications with Ruth over the past few weeks. Your belligerent accusing her of theft she has asked you repeatedly and nicely to confirm your mailing address. You have YET to confirm with giving her your address but repeatedly stated "you should have it from the beginning of our transaction!" Wouldn't it be just as easy to give us your address as to where to send the check? She has told you she mailed it to the address on your check and you have not once answered the question if the address on the check is your current mailing address.
    I've stated all I can say publicly. However PLEASE if anyone would like to call and discuss this with me in greater detail I will be happy to speak to you. Feel free to call me at the store, 972-686-7808 anytime after 8:30am CST. I would love for many of my fellow pinsiders to get more to this story than they can read here.
    Bottom line check WAS mailed October 20th. He WILL receive it.
    P.S. The Charge for requesting a specific LE number or low number is a legitimate charge from the manufacturer. It requires more paperwork as the game is to be segregated and shipped differently than the mass population of LE's. Maybe there are some distributors that are absorbing this cost, but to state it is BS is false as we and all others distributors are charged an up charge for doing so.
    This is not Brandon's first rodeo with LE's when I spoke with him a mere week after the shipping snafu and told him game #16 was on Sterns dock ready to ship. He stated to me he had several other low number LE's he had purchased new. I think after reading initial reviews he made the judgement call that he wanted to pull the plug once he had already paid for his game. To offer a refund immediately would have resulted in FUN having to purchase the game...we didn't need it. Buyer take ownership of your purchase.
    Stop payment yes sounds like a good option and Brandon has requested this...all the while refusing to confirm his mailing address. Not an option at this point. We had a meeting yesterday with our financial officer of our bank on the subject and he suggested not to do so. He stated that issuing a stop payment is only good for 90 days. Should Allpinball receive the the first issued check it could (not saying he would) be redeposited after 90 days. Our advisor has heard the whole story and he stated it would be in our best interest not to do so since this customer has been very erratic and difficult.
    I'm done on the matter.
    If anyone would like more please feel free to call me at the number above.

There you go again with another lie time to post another email she sent me the address she had and asked me to confirm which was asked of me at 3:17 pm I responded at 3:38pm in the email chain as for you saying I requested a stop payment not correct again and will post that email as well steve is the one that offered the stop payment only to backpeddle on it. Why dont you explain why you said you got stuck with the game and had to resell it when that is not true and you were refunded by stern and had credits posted to your account. How could I have read initial reviews and then back out of the deal when no le games were reviewed before I requested a refund. You are correct that I told you I have several le games bought new from trent, and mike nogle those transactions went smoothly as bolth are up front and great distributors. I checked with them before you but they were sold out. I have also bought several games from people on this forum without any issues

IMG_2547 (resized).JPGIMG_2547 (resized).JPG

IMG_2548 (resized).PNGIMG_2548 (resized).PNG

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Mailed October 20,
    Wait what is today's date?

They actualy told me it was mailed on the 20th, they cant get their story straight

IMG_2549 (resized).PNGIMG_2549 (resized).PNG

#99 6 years ago

as I stated earlier there are two sides to every story. There are a lot more little details I would like to add some of which I'm not liable to post publicly due to our distributor agreement. Allpinball has repeatedly posted lies now to which I now must defend. Please make sure all you have stated publicly is correct allpinball, slander of a company might not be the route you want to continue to take my friend.
    Brandon throughout your communications with Ruth over the past few weeks. Your belligerent accusing her of theft she has asked you repeatedly and nicely to confirm your mailing address. You have YET to confirm with giving her your address but repeatedly stated "you should have it from the beginning of our transaction!" Wouldn't it be just as easy to give us your address as to where to send the check? She has told you she mailed it to the address on your check and you have not once answered the question if the address on the check is your current mailing address.
    I've stated all I can say publicly. However PLEASE if anyone would like to call and discuss this with me in greater detail I will be happy to speak to you. Feel free to call me at the store, 972-686-7808 anytime after 8:30am CST. I would love for many of my fellow pinsiders to get more to this story than they can read here.
    P.S. The Charge for requesting a specific LE number or low number is a legitimate charge from the manufacturer. It requires more paperwork as the game is to be segregated and shipped differently than the mass population of LE's. Maybe there are some distributors that are absorbing this cost, but to state it is BS is false as we and all others distributors are charged an up charge for doing so.
    This is not Brandon's first rodeo with LE's when I spoke with him a mere week after the shipping snafu and told him game #16 was on Sterns dock ready to ship. He stated to me he had several other low number LE's he had purchased new. I think after reading initial reviews he made the judgement call that he wanted to pull the plug once he had already paid for his game. To offer a refund immediately would have resulted in FUN having to purchase the game...we didn't need it. Buyer take ownership of your purchase.
    Stop payment yes sounds like a good option and Brandon has requested this...all the while refusing to confirm his mailing address. Not an option at this point. We had a meeting yesterday with our financial officer of our bank on the subject and he suggested not to do so. He stated that issuing a stop payment is only good for 90 days. Should Allpinball receive the the first issued check it could (not saying he would) be redeposited after 90 days. Our advisor has heard the whole story and he stated it would be in our best interest not to do so since this customer has been very erratic and difficult.
    I'm done on the matter.

How about when I emailed steve to tell him the check never arrived and asked again when it was mailed and his response was "no clue it was mailed See if it arrives today"

IMG_2551 (resized).PNGIMG_2551 (resized).PNG

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

You realize you picked a number to go on a plaque (#16), not the true #16 machine to go down the line? LE owners can pick any number. If they've already made 50 machines, you can still have #16 on your plaque if no one else has "claimed" that number. To be honest, you are better off to not get the first few dozen as the assembly line works out any kinks.

No i was not aware of that because when I ordered 2 transformer le games from mike nogle one autobot one decepticon matching numbers one for me one for my brother the le # coinsided with the serial number on the back of the head.

#106 6 years ago

I'm done on the matter.

Would you also like to talk about when I emailed for I believe the 3rd time saying I wanted a refund and your response was "good luck with that" would you like to see that email posted too

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Wait you lost my support when you said you bought 2 Transformers.

Ya I know and I still have mine and would never sell it, my brother still has his as well I grew up on transformers and is more about the theme than game play, I guess that also blows his story about seeing reviews and getting cold feet as you can not get worse reviews than transformers

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

At this point, WE would!

This email follows up on an email where I told them I dont want number 380 they sent me and she asked me how I would like to proceed as you can see from the email date I have been battling with them since august for a refund, stern got involved at the end of august if I remember right and have also been asking them to issue a refund

IMG_2550 (resized).PNGIMG_2550 (resized).PNG

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

In the past....We just did bank transfer. Not sure if it's a good practice and was in a whole different type of business. But done, over with within basically hours. Now a days I'm sure it's less risky with all the new laws. Back then I think it was only something like a $30 charge or something close to that. Still cheaper than all of this headache!
    "The check is in the mail" Just seems so outdated to hear this day on that amount of cash.

That is how he was paid the majority of the money, what makes it worse is we bolth bank at the same national bank and he could of simply made an in bank transfer which would of cost him nothing at this point I think they are just making excuses not to refund me

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If anybody downvoted the first post, and has since learned new information that would change your opinion (as I did), I recommend you adjust your downvote.

Thank you for the support

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Something that nobody has mentioned yet...it sounds like Stern shipped the wrong machine to begin with, but they stepped up and tried to make things right. And when FUN dropped the ball, Stern stepped up again to try and help the customer. Nice to see Stern trying to do the right thing in this case.

I could not of asked for anything more from stern, they have done everything they could for me

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

The "good luck with that" statement is slightly out of context. What was said immediately before that?

It was another email from another day above that, it was not out of context if you look at the date and times of the emails it was the exact response for my request of refund

IMG_2553 (resized).PNGIMG_2553 (resized).PNG

IMG_2554 (resized).PNGIMG_2554 (resized).PNG

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I've never purchased a NIB. What is the normal expectation for delivery? Based on what has been shared the buyer paid no sooner then July 12. The buyer canceled no later then August 16. Is a month a realistic period to wait before requesting a refund? It sounds like the delay was at no fault of the seller, up until this point, I don't really know what else the seller could have done. It seems they were screwed out of a sale by a mistake by the manufacturer. Now, I'm not saying the seller is without fault. They seem to have majorly botched the refund. First, they didn't agree to a refund for nearly a month. Second, it took them a month from agreeing to a refund to sending a check. Third, the buyer still has not received the, supposedly, mailed check after another half of a month. Way to long for each action.

I sent the deposit on june 12, the games were not ready to ship on july 12th stern did not tell him that, he made that up to get the remaining balance. The games were not ready to ship until the second week of august

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

It might not be the case now, but it was the case when they made transformer le as the serial number on those games did match the le # and the order they were produced

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Ok, I'm starting to understand that. And I think it's just a thing in any hobby to want the lower serial number, cars,guns,watches,etc... And some people will pay a premium for those low numbers. Whether I think it's absurd or not doesn't really matter.
    How is the Idea of the low number presented? If this is pushed as an extra cost? Then why would anyone blame the op for not just switching numbers? They wouldn't get the premium if everyone understood that, So, I'm betting it's not a good practice to admit that, or to offer a guy a plate switch when he paid a premium to get it. That proves to him that his extra cost was a "scam" in a way, he loses trust, and bails! I get that too!
    It's a sales Gimmick, I get that now. But if your going to use the gimmick? You have to follow the "rules". If all that makes any sense at all.

Exactly

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Sometime in that month though they sent a payment to Stern and a game was shipped, correct. I'm assuming at that time they contacted you and offered resolutions. Also, what was your email on August 16th?

I dont know when they sent a payment to stern, they shipped me game 300 and something in early august The only resolution offered to me was to pick that one up take the plaque off ship it back and wait for the new plaque and attach it when I received it, no other resolution was offered that was around mid day I think. I got off the phone after being told that and was not happy about the fact that they wanted me to do that rather than offering to get me the right one I stewed about it all that night and came to the decision it was not right the way it was being handled and that very night at 12am is when I sent the email telling them it wasnt right the way they were handeling it and I want a refund my email is the foxboro one

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I guess I'm an idiot then, because up until this thread, I would've assumed the # on the machine was the order it was produced, not just something from a random number generator. At least this thread has been educational for me in that regard I guess.

I also thought that way and with good reason as I had access to bolth transformer les and that was the case with that game

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroToys:

Good lord, just take it to small claims court and be done with it.

I wish it was that easy, the amount of money exceeds small claim limit therefore requiring a filing in district court where I am from you can not represent yourself and requires paying an attorney than there is the matter of which state has jurisdiction so travel may be required but thats ultimately where this is heading

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from smacks:

I'm not looking to take sides here... but you can also have the check re-issued with the same check number so that only one check will ever go through.
    My payroll dept does this all the time when employees (who for some reason don't have direct deposit) can't find their payroll check. Just reissue check under the same number.

Why dont they just draft a legal document saying I agree that I am knowingly committing fraud if I attempt to cash "the check in the mail" and agree to send it back if it ever shows than stop payment and transfer me the refund

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Again my apologies. I had to.

I still like the skeleton at the mailbox better

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

For the OP, you seem like a good guy, you have taken the questions and comments well. I think your word is all you have and when you buy something that is your word and you went back on it because it wasn't as fast as you wanted it to be. Personally I wouldn't have set up a "buyer beware" post. If I did though, I would have laid it all out up front. I also would have used a little more tact with the business. Unfortunately in this day and age, the customer is not always right. I think this is bad customer.
    As for Fun! I never had issue with them, been in their store several times, played on a lot of their pins. But some of this seems shady to me and I'm the type to just get things over with and not jack around. If a refund was due, it would have been sent out ASAP unless otherwise stated prior to cash on the glass. I also wouldn't back talk a customer with "good luck with that", some people have really good luck and you might be the one needing some luck. I also believe I would have better records of transaction and instruct my employees to not put information out unless it's verified correct. I think this is bad business.
    This is opinion and means nothing. I normally stay out of discussions like this unless I've had some sort of interaction with one of the parties. I also hate to see people bad mouth business or other people, most of the time it's just a surly customer that is affecting the livilyhood of others and there's something the customer is hiding or not telling. I remain neutral on this.

Fair enough

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

actually no its not. He has purposefully tried not to post the email he sent on aug 16th at midnight. He has posted the one from the 17th he sent referring to the other one but hasnt posted the first one.
    You never know what could have been in that other email as he was pissed and could have made some bad statements.
    Now im not on either side here but he posts emails and deliberately leaves out important pieces of the conversation and when asked to post that, he posts the same thing again purposefully not showing the email in question.
    Im not backing FUN here at all, they have def done some questionable practices here.
    Would just like to see the email from aug 16th that he references to on august 17th, because to me it seems Ruth might be responding to the earlier email.

Calm down, I didnt know you were asking to see the email from the 16th I have nothing to hide I basically summorized what the email on the 16th at 12am was about in another response I will post it now this has never been about me getting cold feet or not wanting the game because it didnt get her fast enough as some have stated I only mentioned the july 17 email to bring up the fact that steve lied to me about it shipping than to get me to pay the balance the fact that he lied to me than plays into the trust that was broken and goes to the point I am expressing in the aug 16 email it is long so I will have to post it in 2 screen shots but will overlap the text so you dont think Im hiding it if anyone else has any more questions or wants to see anymore just ask like I said I have nothing to hide about how this has went down

IMG_2556 (resized).PNGIMG_2556 (resized).PNG

IMG_2557 (resized).PNGIMG_2557 (resized).PNG

#189 6 years ago

Meant here not her

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think either of the Transformers, or the SWLE were the actual requested # that rolled off the line.

Not trying to argue but I think you are wrong. Here is autobot #001/125. Serial number on back is 233004. My brothers decepticon is #001/125 with serial number on back box 233129 exactly 125 after mine. I dont think that is coincidence

IMG_2561 (resized).JPGIMG_2561 (resized).JPG

IMG_2562 (resized).JPGIMG_2562 (resized).JPG

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

and he's the only one to blame for that, it makes him happy to be scammed I guess! lol

I dont feel scammed on the extra paid for number policy and I have never complained about being charged extra

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Not trying to argue but I think you are wrong. Here is autobot #001/125. Serial number on back is 233004. My brothers decepticon is #001/125 with serial number on back box 233129 exactly 125 after mine. I dont think that is coincidence

I am curious if I am correct. Can anyone with an autobot check there plaque number and serial number in coralation with mine and report the findings

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

The Op paid for the game in full and then once he was informed the incorrect game was in stock, he requested a refund. How would you suggest one to handle the situation better?

They've already had his money since July! But you suggest to hold the ops money further. Yeah ok what a nice guy and great suggestion
    All they needed to do was refund him when it all went pear shaped of no fault to the Op. He didn't start this thread months ago like many would have, he started it after getting lied to multiple times

Thank you

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The OP thanking everybody who slams FUN! personally is a nice touch

I have also commented on another post that pointed out my flaws possitively

#220 6 years ago
    I have not thanked everyone personally that slamed fun, look again I have thanked the people that have said things to a couple of people that have called me names and got nasty

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The OP thanking everybody who slams FUN! personally is a nice touch

You are right i did thank one person that slamed fun! I stand corrected

#224 6 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

I may have missed some posts here, but has the OP received the check that was supposedly posted on the 20th October ?... and no tracking number was given?

No I havent

#255 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballNut:

OK, I wasn't going to chime in, but I have to chime in against all the people stating it doesn't take that long for a letter/package/whatever to go through the USPS. First, I ran an online retail business for 15 years and before I sold it/moved on we were doing over 10,000 mail orders a year.
    I can 100% tell you that the USPS (and UPS, FEDEX) can totally screw up the delivery of letters, packages, priority mail, registered mail, etc. Almost all of the issues we had were with delivery. Often the USPS would even mark items as delivered and they would show up returned to us weeks, sometimes even YEARS later. The majority of their equipment is automated and not 100% of the items handed to them make it to their destination ever, let alone on time.
    Now as a business I had to refund and eat many orders that were ruined, undelivered or just lost by the USPS. I would say it was a weekly problem with them. We used printed labels and tracking numbers on every item and still we couldn't get items delivered or found once they went off the grid.
    So, should FUN have sent the check via priority mail with tracking, of course, but that would have required them to go to the post office instead of just putting a stamp on a letter and usually letters make it. However, it is totally possible a hand written letter, or even printed letter has gone missing.
    Op, I feel for you. However, you did refuse to pick up the game that was sitting at the dock after it was shipped to you and started demanding a refund before that game was returned to Stern (this never went through Fun, it was dropped shipped). Even when I ran my business I absolutely required items to be returned before I would refund money, just too many scammers out there. Also just so you know, returns from shipping terminals, or even just packages returning to the sender through the USPS take WAY longer than the original shipping. They send them back in any open space, it would often take weeks to get a priority mail package back to me from a customer that entered a wrong address.
    OP I really hope you receive your refund and I hope FUN handles these types of issues better in the future.

You need to look again at the posts my game was never sitting at the dock or shipped from stern the game that was at the dock was not mine

#257 6 years ago

My game was still sitting at stern with the plate attached to it we will have to agree to disagree

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

So fun should eat the shipping because stern drop shipped the wrong number?

Fun! Did not eat anything stern sent them a check for the game and posted credits to there account in SEPTEMBER!! They got more back from stern than they paid stern and also have my money still

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Based on what you posted FUN! received the money back from Stern sometime between Sept. 22 and Oct. 17. I know you asked for a refund before that, but it could have been Stern delaying things up until that point.

According to stern they were paid and credited the week of september 25th, granted I have no first hand knowledge or proof of when Fun! Received it but that is what I was told over the phone by stern
    I have no reason to doubt what stern has told me as they have been involved in this matter since august. They wasted no time in trying to get this resolved since the very beginning and have called me on the phone several times a week since the beginning just to check in with me and to see if I have received my money, they have apologized several times about the whole situation and have been amazing

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

If you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund, what you might consider is to contact Stern again. Explain to them that one of their distributors is refusing to reimburse you for a game that you did not receive, and ask them to put a little pressure on them. FUN doesn't want to NOT be able to order from Stern in the future, so if Stern would hang that over their head, it might encourage them to speed up the process and quit giving you the runaround. That is if you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund.

Stern is aware of it they communicated with me again earlier this week and were going to call Fun! Again

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

So did you buy another SWLE from somewhere else OP?
    What premium was he paying?? $100
    Puhleez

No I have not, its kind of hard to buy anything else when they are keeping almost 9k of my money maybe you can afford to do something like that but I can't for your other question yes I paid the 100.00 premium I was asked to pay I suppose when you buy something they ask you to pay a certain amount and you say no thats not enough let me pay you more. I find it interesting that you have a problem with me Posting on pinside about Fun! Not returning my money for over a month and a half after they told me they would do so. But you have no problem at all with Fun! Receiving my money for the game and receiving money from stern for the game and keeping all of it

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

hassellcastle Has FUN! offered any timeline? Really, I think that's what needs to happen. Let's assume the check that you sent on Oct. 17 or Oct. 20 has been lost in the mail. What is your exact process and timeline for canceling or sending a replacement? You previously mentioned that your bank suggested 90-days. Is that what the OP should expect, or is there a better way for you to cancel the check and reissue an instant payment? Sure it might cost you $20-$30, but clearly that would be worth the credibility savings to avoid this thread from dragging on for another 60-days.

I wish he would answer this, better yet send me a legal document to sign saying I acknowledge I am willingly committing fraud if I ever cash "the check in mail" state if it arrives I must send it back put in there if I cash it I owe you double I dont care just give me my money back than you can stop payment on it and do a transfer of the funds from your account to mine Is this unreasonable to ask?

#289 6 years ago

would not take long at all since bolth of our accounts are at the same national bank

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

he's doing the right thing by staying out of this mess here. its really not anyones business but the op and his and it sounds like its on the process of getting done so everyone get a life it is the weekend if anyone has noticed!

It is the weekend and I have big plans, Im just a little short on funds right now can you loan me $9,000 Im waiting on a check in the mail and as soon as it arrives I will pay you back

#302 6 years ago

No

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

He's getting a refund. Now what?!

I tell you what, if your so confident your buddy Fun! Is going to give me my money why dont you just wire me the amount they owe me minus 100.00 for your trouble and Fun! Sends you the refund and on top of that I will donate 500.00 to make a wish foundation now accept the challenge or shut up and quit trolling

#319 6 years ago

Big difference between decals and a 9,000 new stern

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

All distributors should beware of this guy as a buyer lol
    Three year member, who has a brother with LE games, wants us to believe he thinks the number plate on an LE is the actual number Machine off the line...
    I rest my case. Peace!

Get your facts straight my brother has one game the decepticon le I have the matching autobot one amongst others call the other distributors I have bought from and ask them if there has been any issues

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Why would I be kidding? Everyone has tried and convicted them based on the fact they haven't sent a check. If time proves otherwise, then that negates that accusation.

I cant speak for everyone but I think it is a combination of things such as when craig came on here spewing a bunch of lies and was caught when I posted all the emails exposing him and Fun!. They told me they were refunding me sept 15, They told me "good luck with that" when I asked for a refund
    They said they mailed the check oct. 17, than said it was mailed oct.20, craig said they got stuck with the game and had to resell it thats why refund was delayed, not the case stern refunded them in september and posted credits to there account, I continually refused to confirm my address another lie I confirmed it 12 minutes after being asked to do so keep in mind this is all proven by the emails they sent me and that I have since posted. And the list goes on and on... And I owe them an apology?? However I am not perfect and I did accuse them of using the line "the check is in the mail" as an excuse (in the emails between myself and Fun) so if it does show up with the postmark of when they said they mailed it and the check is good I will apologize for accusing them of using it as an excuse and on top of that I will make a charitable contribution in Craig's name is that fair enough? Just curious though do you think Craig and Fun! owe me an apology for the untruthful things he has said on this thread?

#335 6 years ago

At the end of the day I just need my money back I have been battling them since august and since sept 15 when they told me they were giving me a refund I didnt rush right out and post my situation on pinside I waited months to do it and when I did post it I just kept it brief I did not want to expose all that happened with the emails but had no choice but to post them after I was getting bashed and he came on the thread and said what he did sorry if I offended anyone with what I have posted

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Has a single person on this thread that said that Fun's lost business over this....ever......actually...you know.....had any kind of ACTUAL business dealing with them before now?
    I've sold them a game, bought a mod off ebay from them, and TECHNICALLY speaking, they were the distro for my Metallica that I purchased, even though that was through a 3rd party (TPF)....though I didn't really think about that last one at the time. I wouldn't expect any further response from them on this thread. There's no point. They're not accountable to anyone but their customers, which the vast majority of are not "us".
    OP, are you D/FW local?

No im not D/FW local, why do you ask?

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

You attempted to reach out to me to explain your situation. How about return his money and then we can talk.
    I may remind you hundreds of pinball enthusiasts are now aware of this situation. Make it right.

Let me know if I am out of line here but why would he be reaching out to people behind the scenes to explain things, are there others he has reached out to to help him make this go away, he has not reached out to me behind the scenes to apologize for the lies he told about me. like quoted above make it right if you truly are worried "the check in the mail" will be cashed after 90 days send me a document to sign stating I knowingly will be committing fraud if it is cashed and require me to send it back if it shows up than stop payment and do an in bank transfer from your account to mine

#366 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Curiosity. If you were local, I don't think this would've ever been an actual issue. Also seems odd to me for a non-local to order a NIB from somewhere like FUN with support for so many other vendors being strong on Pinside, and FUN has had a pretty checkered history in the past. Like yeaaars ago, that mod that I bought from them was from the 'infamous' STTNG they were trying to sell for like 9k that had these big huge metal ships the size of someone's fist mounted all over the playfield. They got a ton of crap for that, then subsequently trying to sell each ship on ebay for a ton of money. After they'd dropped the prices a bunch, I sniped one of the auctions and got one for like 5 bucks. =P

Because you have any way to verify that check wasn't sent out, right?

I was not aware of their history, They were not my first choice mike nogle and trent were as I have bought from them before but they had none left and Fun! Did

#367 6 years ago

I take it you haven't checked your PM yet? I did send you a message about 1 hour ago.
    Hopefully this puts this entire issue to rest.

No I havent I will check it

#369 6 years ago

I take it you haven't checked your PM yet? I did send you a message about 1 hour ago.
    Hopefully this puts this entire issue to rest.

Are you serious right now, really??? You ask me to keep your email private than end it with a vailed threat, wow give me a bit to calm down and rationalize it before I say something I shouldnt it however is obvious now some of the people posting on here you have reached out to, to come on here and help you defuse the situation and try to get me to answer certain things to try and hang me with it I will be back

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=allpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.