Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#45 6 years ago

I know this is a little off topic...I'm fairly new to this....What exactly does the "#16"mean?

After reading the thread I'm really confused on this! If that is the game number? I'd feel like things are a little shady when someone tells me "just switch the plates". Huh? That doesn't make any sense at all to me but I'm not clear on what the "#16" actually means. And maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. And not sure that's a good thing for Stern or the seller right now if that's out there. Again, not sure what that number actually means.

The rest of it? Tough call! I've been on both ends of this on much less money and get a little of both sides. If what's stated is the truth.

Added.....The more I think about this? Sry to say I'm on the ops side. Depending on what the "#16" means. Or what it is presented to mean!
    When you are talking that kind of money? I wouldn't mess around! If I want my money back especially that kind of money after playing around and getting frustrated? The OP has more patience than I do. That is a lot of money!

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

#16 is the requested serial number for the game. An actual “game number out of XXX” A few companies are letting people choose the serial number they want to highlight an important day, year, other game number and so forth. Usually only on the LE’s that start with number 1.
    He didnt want just a plate because the head would have a real serial number of something else.

Ok...This makes a little more sense then. So...If ordered and paid extra for that number(which I understand why someone would do that) and the seller or the company told me "just change plates"? That would be such a let down to me to know that either of them wasn't exactly honest. I would have been done at that point. "give me my money back right now!!!!!"

Did I understand something wrong here? What am I missing?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Disgusting..... Plea for help and the OP gets bashed. Tell your story show your proof and yet still kiss the other guys ass. I'm sure if you guys got the whole I will pay you your money back when I sell this game crock of shit. You guys would be singing a different tune. Why is this guy out all of the money when the distributor did not even receive the game from stern. Or did he. More BS. Leave this guy alone. He is right for publicly explaining his situation. Yes he was told check is in the mail but he has been told that for over a month now. Calling him a douche. Really? This was his only chance of getting his money back. It has been made public and if the OP does not get his check soon EVERYONE will know and not even the Fan boys sticking up for this guy will be able to make him look good. Come on guys 9K... We are talking about alot of money. Put yourself in his shoes.

Pinside is supposed to be here to help one another.

And the admitting of the offer of switching plates gets me. That is a little over the top. Sure, I'm sure it goes on.But......To admit it openly? Ouch!!
    I'm with you...This isn't $100, this is 9 grand! I'd come unglued at this point!!!! I've been in business and understand there are two sides, and sometimes it's a juggling act with money etc...I get all of that. But!!! The Op didn't just back out...There were things there that may have made him uneasy. I get that too! I've had to return money on stuff in the past as a business owner, That money was already spent, and had to actually borrow it to pay and keep the customer happy. "The customer is always right."

I see both sides...But 9 grand makes most people a little edgy when a return doesn't happen swiftly! I know!! I wouldn't handle it well....."Don't send me the check, I'll be down to get it! So have it ready!"

#65 6 years ago

If I was the business(Fun) I would be mad at Stern for fouling up the order, not the buyer that's irritated ! A company that size should have it a little more together on a special order. It happens, and Stern should have made it right for Fun and for the buyer? Business is business, when it's your mistake eat it, or part of it for everyone that helps you!!!

#115 6 years ago

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!

Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

" good luck with that"
    That is disgusting to treat a customer like that! You are lucky he did not live close enough to your business to bring real retribution. I can only imagine how someone could legitimately flip their lid when told "good luck with that" and you are holding 9k of their funds.

Ummmm? I wouldn't sleep at night! Not sure what I'd do over that kind of money. But I have a few ideas, and we wouldn't be airing it in a thread.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

My guess is it was probably a cashiers check. If that's the case they are treated like cash for 90-days. On a large check like this the bank would likely not reissue inside of that period to avoid having the payment cashed twice. It sounds to me like FUN! majorly screwed up, including not having the ability to track such a large check. However, if they indeed did send out the check it's very possible the bank would suggest not sending a second.

In the past....We just did bank transfer. Not sure if it's a good practice and was in a whole different type of business. But done, over with within basically hours. Now a days I'm sure it's less risky with all the new laws. Back then I think it was only something like a $30 charge or something close to that. Still cheaper than all of this headache!

"The check is in the mail" Just seems so outdated to hear this day on that amount of money.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

That is how he was paid the majority of the money, what makes it worse is we bolth bank at the same national bank and he could of simply made an in bank transfer which would of cost him nothing at this point I think they are just making excuses not to refund me

Ya...No offense...but first sign of you backing out...Looking at it from their view...would have been an indicator to get this resolved and settled up "Right now" potential problem coming down the line. If we banked at the same bank? Money would have went that day. If they had it?

I'm kind of stuck to this thread..haha I like seeing how things are handled on both ends. And what were the options, how long, etc...

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

Ok, I'm starting to understand that. And I think it's just a thing in any hobby to want the lower serial number, cars,guns,watches,etc... And some people will pay a premium for those low numbers. Whether I think it's absurd or not doesn't really matter.

How is the Idea of the low number presented? If this is pushed as an extra cost? Then why would anyone blame the op for not just switching numbers? They wouldn't get the premium if everyone understood that, So, I'm betting it's not a good practice to admit that, or to offer a guy a plate switch when he paid a premium to get it. That proves to him that his extra cost was a "scam" in a way, he loses trust, and bails! I get that too!

Here I have a low serial number Patek.....Hang on..... let me stamp or scratch some lower numbers in it for ya to increase the amount of sale!

It's a sales Gimmick, I get that now. But if your going to use the gimmick? You have to follow the "rules". If all that makes any sense at all.

Can I call up Stern and say..."ya, Uh.....send me plate number XXX for such and such game, I'll give you a hundred bucks, and I'll just put it on my game."?

Not that any of it matters, I see the OP's view and maybe disgust on that. Whether I feel the idea is crazy or not.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I guess I'm an idiot then, because up until this thread, I would've assumed the # on the machine was the order it was produced, not just something from a random number generator. At least this thread has been educational for me in that regard I guess.

It being admitted by the seller that a plate change was offered is ...........Harmful to the "gimmick". Where was the plate coming from? Ouch...

I'm stuck on that, and everything after that is just........On the buyers side no matter what he said or did. No ones fault, just "get me my money, now!!"

I don't even blame Fun or Stern. It was a mistake to lose the trust with the buyer. And it happens....

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You're talking about serial numbers or VINs, not Limited Edition Collectors Plaques.

Ya that was originally my confusion too and kind of changes my view a little.......In all my ramblings in the thread I didn't realize that is what that meant. Not the actual serial number, just a "1 of xx"
    I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I've already posted too much of my nonsense in the thread.

I also haven't seen anything in the thread that would make me not buy from Fun. I just know now that if I back out of a deal it might take me a little while to get my check. So, I'll try not to do that when dealing with them......See, I can't make up my mind here either of who's actually in the wrong. Just mix ups, and a little lag.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yep, no reason to hammer on FUN like so many are doing here... they might not have handled things perfectly but the OP didn't either... and we'll never know the whole story!
    If I were FUN I would hold his money another 2 weeks or so since he started this thread.

I know why we think alike! That last sentence might be an area thing!

I miss Ohio! I don't miss the cold!

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

I am curious if I am correct. Can anyone with an autobot check there plaque number and serial number in coralation with mine and report the findings

I can't seem to stay out of the thread......

But now understanding the plaque number a little more? My guess would be that there isn't an order. Just what number out of how many. My original thought was they were asking you to change serial numbers and I couldn't grasp that idea. They may run in order or run at random. That would depend on how things are done, how many people are putting them on. Like one guy grabs some, another guy grabs some and they start putting them on the games from that run, is an example. Maybe they do it in order, I have no clue. But even if they didn't it's still the same. Just a number out of how many games made.

Added....I also couldn't figure why it was only $100 to claim that number. They aren't tracking a full game, just the number until shipping time, put in an envelope with your address, then when shipping time comes, grab that envelope, put the plate on and ship it. Is just a guess......I could be way wrong! I'm just guessing!

But any number plaque on any game out of that run? Would be no deception. That might be why they wanted you to send the other plaque back(if I read right). to put it on another game from that run. Why not tell you to throw it away if they were just making numbers. So, no there wouldn't have been 2 number 16's.

Say, someone hit number 16 with forklift in the factory and it was damaged bad. Which happens in places.....Now, they aren't just going to throw that number out, so another one would be made and that number stuck on it. It's still number "16 out of xxx" but the serial number wouldn't be in order with the rest. Thinking of it that way, kind of puts it in the same type of idea, in a way. Just thoughts.......

So, I can see why Fun was confused and couldn't understand the backout and in their mind I'm guessing it was unjustified, on the other hand looking at how you are viewing it? I see why you backed out thinking you were being deceived on the whole number thing. I really do think I get some of both sides now.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

So much of this book is outlined in the prevoius 251 posts.
    https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm

That book is for toilet paper!

#262 6 years ago

I just have to! Sry!!!! Nothing directed at anyone...Just a clip that made me laugh......

#368 6 years ago

edited.....

Irrelevant...

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Are you serious right now, really??? You ask me to keep your email private than end it with a vailed threat, wow give me a bit to calm down and rationalize it before I say something I shouldnt it however is obvious now some of the people posting on here you have reached out to, to come on here and help you defuse the situation and try to get me to answer certain things to try and hang me with it I will be back

At this point I don't see a way to "hang you" with anything you say.Unless, you have received the money and are dragging it out, that would be the only thing I can possibly think of as a bad thing, at this point. But I doubt that.

Whether any of us agree on why or how....They(Fun) agreed to refund your money. There is no contract as far as we all know. It's taking too long.

"damage control" isn't very good either. I wouldn't have a better idea of how to handle it, but it's not going well.

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

A business that size wouldn't be in business if they didn't have 9k in the coffers to pay back a customer... that would be incredibly moronic business management IMO.

Happens all the time. That wouldn't be unusual. There are a lot places from small to large operating on a shoe string. No clue if they are, just saying not unheard of. Some months and years you win others you are borrowing and juggling the whole way just to make rent and payroll.

#400 6 years ago

edit...

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Craig, don't let this bother you. Its Pinside! And Pinside is pretty insignificant in the big scope of things. Just another forum with too many whiny, unhappy human beings that don't have much else in theirs lives so they like to try to make others look bad... sounds like CNN!
    Glad this is getting resolved as many of us levelheaded, stable human beings knew it would... GIVE RUTH A RAISE!

Hey now!! Levelheaded and stable I am not! But don't even put me in the same category as CNN! What an insult!

#460 6 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Me and my best friend 20 yrs strong..(married 14)...this box is too small to tell you how wonderful she is...she just road tripped 14 hrs with me to Michigan to get a Bad Cats...we had soo much fun together..........carry on...I hope Frax can one day take me serious again... ...............Joey

Ya My wife is amazing too! I don't know how she does it!!! Get this! She can down two bags of chips, a gallon of ice cream, flush it down with a 2 liter, and smoke 3 packs of smokes all in the same day!!!!! Amazing at sitting on the couch and watching the TV so no one steals them!!! Can't cook, can't clean. But is an awesome couch and TV security system!

Of course I'm making the above up......... she only smokes a pack a day!

She is actually my best friend and we have been through a lot together. Just like most of us knew all of them aren't liars......And got your joke in a sick way. And yes! I'm joking on all of the above!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards?tu=Joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.