Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Not trying to argue but I think you are wrong. Here is autobot #001/125. Serial number on back is 233004. My brothers decepticon is #001/125 with serial number on back box 233129 exactly 125 after mine. I dont think that is coincidence

If they were sequential, #125 would be "233128" (not "233129").

#402 6 years ago
    Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Based on OP's response, I'm guessing it's not the following?
    I would like to apologize for the issues that we've had in refunding your money. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and it is clear that your experience has been below our standards. We issued check #1234 on October 17th and it was mailed out on October 20th. It is unfortunate that the check appears to have been lost in the mail. In order to make things right, we have canceled the previous check and have issued you a new check in the same amount. For your convenience, we are overnighting you the new check.
    Again, we apologize for your experience. We know that you have a choice in pinball distributors, and although we were unable to fulfill your expectations on this transaction, we want you to know that this is an unusual situation and we strive to be the best distributor in the country. My direct line is XXX-XXXX should you have any other questions or concerns.
    Best regards,
    Head Honcho
    FUN

Well there is one thing for sure, I could tell right off the bat that the letter wasn’t written by that lovely lady with the wonderful personality named Ruth that works there!

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

If they were sequential, #125 would be "233128" (not "233129").

I agree with you there, but I'm not sure I see where #125 is mentioned. Just #1 of the next model, correct?

#404 6 years ago

I purchased my GoT pro from FUN a while back. Craig was quick to get me help when I had 2 issues with the machine. My only buying experience from them has been positive.

Having said that, they need to get the OP his money back.

OP, have you tried calling Craig or anyone from FUN with the delays in getting the check since posting?

#405 6 years ago

Dude, OP needs to call a lawyer. One letter sent on legal letterhead and he will have his money back so fast his head will spin.

#406 6 years ago

Will be interesting to see if said cheque ever arrives if there are post dates??? Hope you get your money back soon you have every right to be pissed!

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I agree with you there, but I'm not sure I see where #125 is mentioned. Just #1 of the next model, correct?

Oh, yeah. Reading comprehension problem on my end.

#408 6 years ago

Guys,

I just want to follow up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.The smartest thing I could have done once he posted
    was to contact him privately, immediately. However I took the post personally and I didn't and it just went downhill from there.

I feel like there is nothing I can say to save face right now. But I can assure you that we are taking care of allpinball
    and he will be receiving his refund as promised. Was it handled poorly, yes it was. Although I don't mean
    to pass the buck...the majority of this transaction was out of my control. But I plan to change that moving forward and look at
    this as a lesson learned that we can be improved upon.

I just spent the better part of the last hour talking on the phone with OP and I believe we have cleared the air...or
    at least I hope so.

I never meant for this to happen like this and there were some details he had told me to which even I wasn't aware of.
    The majority of this transaction has been between OP and our owner and I'm going to be more involved for the
    duration of this transaction through its completion. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was
    originally mailed on October 20th and I stand behind that, but I agree it simply seems to be lost in the mail at this time. I'm
    sure it will either show up at allpinball's mailbox or returned to ours sooner than later. However I have assured
    him that when I return to work on Monday a stop payment is going to be made and we will be expediting his refund
    and I will personally e-mail him the TRACKING number!

I appreciate those that we have done business with and we continue to do so. Our customers are our life blood and we do
    value everyone of you. Situations like this are not good, but they are building
    blocks to learn from and how to handle difficult situations like this in the future.

Bottom line, I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and
    in someway over time I can gain the respect back of the pinside community.

#409 6 years ago

That was a nice professional update and hope this ends with both sides reasonably happy.
    -Mike

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

That was a nice professional update and hope this ends with both sides reasonably happy.
    -Mike

Agreed.

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Guys,
    I just want to follow up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.
    I feel like there is nothing I can say to save face right now. But I can assure you that we are taking care of allpinball
    and he will be receiving his refund as promised. Was it handled poorly, yes it was. Although I don't mean
    to pass the buck...the majority of this transaction was out of my control. But I plan to change that moving forward and look at
    I just spent the better part of the last hour talking on the phone with OP and I believe we have cleared the air...or
    at least I hope so.
    I never meant for this to happen like this and there were some details he had told me to which even I wasn't aware of.
    The majority of this transaction has been between himself and our owner and I'm going to be more involved for the
    duration of this transaction through it's competition. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was
    originally mailed on October 20th and I stand behind that, but I agree it simply seems to be lost in the mail at this time. I'm
    sure it will either show up at allpinball's mailbox or returned to ours sooner than later. However I have assured
    him that when I return to work on Monday a stop payment is going to be made and we will be expediting his refund
    I appreciate those that we have done business with and we continue to do so. Our customers are our life blood and we do
    blocks to learn from and how to handle difficult situations like this in the future.
    Bottom line, I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and

Now your on the right track! Good first step with the post above, get the Op his refund and move forward. This is a small community and reputation is everything if you are selling games.

#413 6 years ago

I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and

Well played!
    That is great news for all. This has been a train wreck. I believe once the OP gets his refund. The dust will settle and everyone can move past this. There were alot of people who said that FUN was good to them so that speaks as to you guys know how to do good business. Accidents happen wrongs can be corrected. No one is perfect and We are never too old to learn from our mistakes. We need more good distributors promoting pinball it would be a shame to loose anyone that is on board with this agenda. Congrats to ALL parties!

#414 6 years ago

To all the people that don't understand why he wants the specific number, I agree I don't understand as well. That being said I don't understand LEs in general. I don't understand spending thousands of dollars extra for a game that plays the same as a premium. That's not to say they aren't meaningful or the extras you recieve aren't worth it to some of you. We all work so we can spend our money on the items that we want regardless if other people think it's ridiculous or not. Please before you criticize the OP for spending extra money and not excepting a higher numbered LE, look at yourself and I'm sure you can find items you buy that people just shake their heads at. I know for me pinball in general is one of them. To each their own

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

There were alot of people who said that FUN was good to them so that speaks as to you guys know how to do good business. Accidents happen wrongs can be corrected.

Yes, Craig and FUN are just fine... just another blown out of proportion Pinside thread. Thought I was watching CNN and the so called Russia Collusion Investigation... JEEZ!

#416 6 years ago

Guys,
    I just want to follow up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.The smartest thing I could have done once he posted
    was to contact him privately, immediately. However I took the post personally and I didn't and it just went downhill from there.
    at least I hope so.
    The majority of this transaction has been between OP and our owner and I'm going to be more involved for the
    duration of this transaction through its competition. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was

Nice job and well played Hasselcastle!

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yes, Craig and FUN are just fine... just another blown out of proportion Pinside thread. Thought I was watching CNN and the so called Russia Collusion Investigation... JEEZ!

Quick, we need another refake to cheer teekee up, he’s getting cranky and resorting to unfortunate political metaphors!

#418 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Drink the Koolaid pal.

#419 6 years ago

God I love these buyer beware threads. The drama never disappoints. Seems like soon the op will get his money back so alls well that ends well

#420 6 years ago

check was

For God's sake - don't repeat a mistake. If it is lost, DON'T send another check. Deposit it directly to his account since you both bank at the same bank or wire the money.

#421 6 years ago

Pitchforks re-holstered.

Torches placed back on the walls.

Just another day on Pinside.

#422 6 years ago

Guys,
    at least I hope so.
    duration of this transaction through its completion. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was

Im gonna give you a thumbs up because you did the right thing, but with that being said it's pretty much the only path that you have to take so sorry if I'm a little bit skeptical of your sincerity.

The damage has already been done in my opinion by you, Ruth, and FUN. Just a little friendly advice, I would put a muzzle on Ruth if I were you if you have the power to do so. If I was in charge, she would actually be job hunting right now. She's probably related to the owner though or something I would assume.

You did the right thing but man....the damage is done now I'm afraid.

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Cointaker is a great Distributor. Melissa is great. Very honest and Fair.

Agreed. Melisa and Chris are great to deal with at Cointaker. They always go the extra mile.

#424 6 years ago

Talk is cheap. Show me don't tell me., hope you get your refund.

#425 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Quick, we need another refake to cheer teekee up, he’s getting cranky and resorting to unfortunate political metaphors!

Unfortunate political metaphors? You must be in fantasyland! Nothing political about the fact that if you take anything that CNN spouts as anything but puppy love tripe, you are sick!

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im gonna give you a thumbs up because you did the right thing, but with that being said it's pretty much the only path that you have to take so sorry if I'm a little bit skeptical of your sincerity.
    The damage has already been done in my opinion by you, Ruth, and FUN. Just a little friendly advice, I would put a muzzle on Ruth if I were you if you have the power to do so. If I was in charge, she would actually be job hunting right now. She's probably related to the owner though or something I would assume.
    You did the right thing but man....the damage is done now I'm afraid.

I agree with you, probably not a sincere apology. This thread went on for too long, FUN thought it would blow over, it didn't, was only getting worse, and they didn't see a way out so apparently they PM a threat to the OP and call him promising another check. REALY!?! Another check, for F&CK sake just wire him some money or do a transfer since you bank at the same place.

FUN is dead to pinside, this thread will live on as a reminder. Call Trent, CoinTaker, or JJ, they actually care and we all have proof of that.

Is it against Pinside rules to post a private PM or email? Would be curious to see what FUN sent via PM...

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

FUN is dead to pinside, this thread will live on as a reminder. Call Trent, CoinTaker, or JJ, they actually care and we all have proof of that.

Yes, it appears safe to say that FUN will not be selling many more machines through Pinside.

Businesses just can't pull this type of bull shit in the age of the Internet.

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Unfortunate political metaphors? You must be in fantasyland! Nothing political about the fact that if you take anything that CNN spouts as anything but puppy love tripe, you are sick!

Speaking of fantasy land, what is “puppy love tripe”?

#429 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

I've been warning people about FUN for a long time now. They buy really trashed pins by the truckload from S. America and other shady places, "shop" them out and flip them for HIGH retail prices.

This isn't a new revelation, all the old schoolers know/knew to avoid them like the plague.

#430 6 years ago

I am working the nightshift right now & this thread has helped me get past the extra hour of work I must do because of DST falling back an hour.

#431 6 years ago

Glad I saw this thread. I won’t be buying from Fun Billiards anytime soon.

#432 6 years ago

I have just read through this whole thread and wow.
    Talk about shooting your business in the foot....why would you try to argue with a customer in a public place, especially when you don't have all the facts or info....it just baffles me.

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

ME: I'd like to speak with Mr. Buchanan (It was Buchanan's motorcycle frame and spoke shop or something like that. The name Buchanan is burned into my mind to this day).

Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know if the business survived or how much business that woman drove off.

Son of a bitch !! Ain't the internet wonderful. For grins, I went Google searching and damn, Buchanan's Spoke and Rim is still around today.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/about/about_us.asp

"Buchanan's began manufacturing its own line of spokes in 1971..."

And 1972-73 is when I bought my spokes. And now I remember the boss's name was Jim. And I am also wondering if his wife shown in the pic is the office wonk who gave me such a hard time.

#434 6 years ago

Foolish FUN........Avoid pissing contests when you are in business, it will only lead to losing a lot of business. And next time, don't send a $8500 check without tracking. Are you kidding me?? I read this thread and firmly believe both parties are babies, but the op is right at the end of the day. Fun are idiots for trying to torture a custom by making him wait for his refund.........Thanks FUN, I just added you to my list of companies I will never deal with. When are you stupid Pinball companies going to understand, when the crap hits the fan and things get posted to pinside, just make it right ASAP. We represent big money and we will crush you if we see you treating our pinball brothers poorly. Stop buying from these losers and keep your purchases to Cointaker, Game Exchange, Trent and Automated (Pinballs.com). Every one of these distributors is top notch and support the people of this community......No need to go anywhere else.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

cnn is really bad these days but anyhow good luck to the op and fun! hope both can admit their mistakes apologize and move on, peace out!

#436 6 years ago

For the life of me I cannot figure out why another CHECK would be MAILED even with tracking? Why take an extra step and risk another potential disaster when you can simply transfer the funds from within the same bank? Seriously, that makes zero sense to me.

Good luck to the OP. If FUN! does decide to generate a tracking number I would encourage them to walk that envelope into the post office, FedEx, UPS etc and ask for an acceptance scan and receipt. Printing something off of your computer and dropping it off without an acceptance scan can be another nightmare.

#437 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

For the life of me I cannot figure out why another CHECK would be MAILED even with tracking? Why take an extra step and risk another potential disaster when you can simply transfer the funds from within the same bank? Seriously, that makes zero sense to me.
    Good luck to the OP. If FUN! does decide to generate a tracking number I would encourage them to walk that envelope into the post office, FedEx, UPS etc and ask for an acceptance scan and receipt. Printing something off of your computer and dropping it off without an acceptance scan can be another nightmare.

If FUN mails a check this time, it won't be 'another' check.

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#439 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

100% agree

#440 6 years ago

Tomorrow we will settle up with him....again.

It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quit visiting this site for this very reason.

These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've burned FUN to the ground. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?

In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it. I simply stated sending it with tracking number in my post to imply...that was our stupid mistake for not doing so in the first time.

Truth be told ...many of the pinside community likes to think pinside is much bigger than it actually is. Our business has succeeded without Pinside and will continue to do so. Honestly if you were to go to an NFL game today and announce over the broadcast microphone "show of hands, who here is on Pinside?" I think 99.9 percent of the people in the stadium would look at each other and say...."what is that?"

We issue game deposits, refunds, parts replacements and do service calls all the time with no issue. I've returned two people's game deposits this week within hours of them requesting them and they had nothing to do with Pinside. No questions asked. This situation was very difficult and different and as much as every stands up for the other guys I would really like to see how they would have handled this difficult situation. There are still more facts to this story to which I can't post publicly that are truly not the public's business but that of the parties involved. I do not pass the buck that we were at most at fault but finger pointing could be done to all parties involved.

Needless to say. Life goes on. OP will be refunded as promised.

#441 6 years ago

So where is Ruth working now ????

#442 6 years ago

It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quite visiting this site for this very reason.
    These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've ran a company into the group. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?
    In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it. I simply stated sending it with tracking number in my post to imply...that was our stupid mistake for not doing so in the first time.
    Truth be told ...many of the pinside community likes to think pinside is much bigger than it actually is. Our business has succeeded without Pinside and will continue to do so. Honestly if you were to go to an NFL game today and announce over the broadcast microphone "show of hands, who here is on Pinside?" I think 99.9 percent of the people in the stadium would look at each other and say...."what is that?"
    We issue game deposits, refunds, parts replacements and do service calls all the time with no issue. I've returned two people's game deposits this week within hours of them requesting them and they had nothing to do with Pinside. No questions asked. This situation was very difficult and different and as much as every stands up for the other guys I would really like to see how they would have handled this difficult situation. There are still more facts to this story to which I can't post publicly that are truly not the public's business but that of the parties involved. I do not pass the buck that we were at most at fault but finger pointing could be done to all parties involved.

Craig, don't let this bother you. Its Pinside! And Pinside is pretty insignificant in the big scope of things. Just another forum with too many whiny, unhappy human beings that don't have much else in theirs lives so they like to try to make others look bad... sounds like CNN!

Glad this is getting resolved as many of us levelheaded, stable human beings knew it would... GIVE RUTH A RAISE!

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Craig, don't let this bother you. Its Pinside! And Pinside is pretty insignificant in the big scope of things. Just another forum with too many whiny, unhappy human beings that don't have much else in theirs lives so they like to try to make others look bad... sounds like CNN!
    Glad this is getting resolved as many of us levelheaded, stable human beings knew it would... GIVE RUTH A RAISE!

Hey now!! Levelheaded and stable I am not! But don't even put me in the same category as CNN! What an insult!

#444 6 years ago

You can't settle up with him again if you have never settled up with him in the first place. Claiming you have mailed a check does not constitute settling up.

Blaming Pinside for a situation FUN! not only created but badly mismanaged is childish. That you have other transactions where people aren't aware of Pinside is irrelevant. I'm sure most of those happen without incident. But the real test of a business is how they handle the non-routine ones. The only thing Pinside has to do with it was to provide a platform to show how you handled this incident.

If it makes you feel better to call those in this thread haters, fine. But that's no excuse for jerking around a customer the way you did.

If you think you need a meeting on how to handle the refund, you still don't get it. That doesn't make you an idiot - it just means you have a lot to learn about optics and customer service. Call the bank when it opens and wire transfer the money.

#445 6 years ago

How can you settle up with him again? You haven't settled up with him the first time.

It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail.

Don't want to see anybody fail. Just want to see a company be honest with a customer.

Poll those same people and ask them who FUN! is. Probably get the same percentage.

In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it.

Meetings are a huge waste of time. And why the need for a meeting? Get the OP his money for crying out loud.

You put all of this on the Pinside community, yet it was your incredibly horrible customer service that left the OP with no choice but to air this out on this site. You could have saved yourself a lot of issues with some early damage control. 'We screwed up, we're sorry, your money is coming right now.' Nobody would have ever even known there was an issue to begin with.

Just my 2 cents from a long-time business owner.

#446 6 years ago

A company that has been in business for years, before Pinside was around. Has survived all Internet trash talk will not be severely affected as much influence as pinsiders wish they could.

Fact is, most people if not all, already have their people and distributors they buy pins from anyway. Public in general have short memories. When the next hot title hits and pin fever is in full affect, few people will remember this. I don't believe this is going to have much effect on the business.

Another point is this. Most people on Pinside don't buy from retailers anyway unless its NIB. Fun! does a lot of business in repair and used pins. Most people who aren't avid enthusiasts or don't have the ability to repair pinball, buy from retailers. As more new people enter the hobby, there is comfort in buying a pin from a retailer vs some guy off Craigslist, internet or some other ad.

In the end, difficult customer received a full refund. What can someone argue with that? The only argument is the amount of time it took. At least they didn't have some BS restocking fee.

#447 6 years ago

If you admit you never sent the check that to me is your only shot at redemption...that's proving your a man...only Women lie....!!!...............Joey

#448 6 years ago

Wow.

#449 6 years ago

It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quit visiting this site for this very reason.
    These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've burned FUN to the ground. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?

You appologized... great...

Means nothing till the OP is refunded 100%.

Even after that, the truth about you and FUN is apparent. Deal with it, learn from it, and grow from it. Continue to provide new and positive experiences for your customer base and you may change perceptions. Unfortunate for you, experiences like the one chronicalled here take ten positive experiences to even start to bury it.

My advice is that you should be trying to go above and beyond to win this customer back. refunding months late is the bare minimum. IF it was my business, I would be offering a large discount on #16 GOTGle to the OP. Heck, offer a pro at cost as a way to applologize for the interest free loan he gave you for the past two months. You may be able to repair that relationship and make money off him for future pirchases.

#450 6 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

If you admit you never sent the check that to me is your only shot at redemption...

lol, right! lol, that so f'n funny!

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards/page/9?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.