Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 6 years ago

Sooooo Did you get your check?

The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpgThe-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg

#302 6 years ago

No

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

So when you get your refund, you're buying another Star Wars?

Can you answer this...

#304 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you answer this...

He will let you know once he gets his refund.

#305 6 years ago

HEY FUN!

We are watching. What is your excuse now? Post #305 and still no check. You would think by now you could have issued a stop payment and next day him another check. Or stop payment on the check and Bank wire the funds back into his account. Tell you what I will help out. Send him the wire and I will pay your bank wire fee up to 20.00. You attempted to reach out to me to explain your situation. How about return his money and then we can talk.

I may remind you hundreds of pinball enthusiasts are now aware of this situation. Make it right.

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you answer this...

Stop being a troll. He didn't get what he ordered and paid for. He was offered a refund, that to this date hasn't come. END of story. Yet, your trying again and again to make this out to be something it isn't.

#307 6 years ago

He's getting a refund. Now what?!

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

He gets his refund, the OP is happy, and Fun still loses lots and lots of customers.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I tell you what, if your so confident your buddy Fun! Is going to give me my money why dont you just wire me the amount they owe me minus 100.00 for your trouble and Fun! Sends you the refund and on top of that I will donate 500.00 to make a wish foundation now accept the challenge or shut up and quit trolling

#310 6 years ago

Admit you got cold feet and have no intention of buying the game.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

None of your business??

A one way ticket to whogivesafuck?

What he does has no bearing on the issue. He wanted #16 and didn't get it. Maybe he tries to reorder #16 or maybe not, it really makes no difference.

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why don't you take his challenge, or admit your a troll?

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

He gets his refund, the OP is happy, and Fun still loses lots and lots of customers.

As they should. Horrible customer service.

#314 6 years ago

Admit Fun is caught with there hand in the cookie jar and still has done nothing to make it right other then offer false promises.

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I dont think you get it... it really does not matter at all why the OP did not take delovery at this point...

ALL that matters is he was treated like crap, promised a refund, and nothing has showed up. FUn and Hassellcastle lied about the refund. You don't lie about a nine thousand dollar refund!

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Why don't you take his challenge, or admit your a troll?

Well said.

#317 6 years ago

Listen I have no dog in the fight (which none of you do either lol) and I want him to get his money (which he should), just don't buy his BS excuse.
    I've ordered stuff from retrorefurb that wasn't up to snuff so I had to pay to ship it back and the refund took forever...did I come on here and start a thread about it..smh

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Listen I have no dog in the fight (which none of you do either lol) and I want him to get his money (which he should), just don't buy his BS excuse.
    I've ordered stuff from retrorefurb that wasn't up to snuff so I had to pay to ship it back and the refund took forever...did I come on here and start a thread about it..smh

After waiting patiently for your refund, you purchased new decals ( that are not available anywhere else ) right?

Sure you did.

You agree he should get a refund, lets leave it at that.

#319 6 years ago

Big difference between decals and a 9,000 new stern

#320 6 years ago

Just thought it would be nice to help show everyone in Pinside FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore. If they were looking to buy a new Limited Edition Pinball perhaps give this company a call.

Perhaps ask them there special order and return policies before buying or you can ask if they have any outstanding upset customers. Seems like good questions to ask prior buying a new pinball from any company.

http://pinballandmore.com/

FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore
    4539 Gus Thomasson Road
    Mesquite, Texas 75150

(972) 686-7808
    [email protected]
    Store Hours:
    Mon - Fri 8:30a to 5:00p
    Sat 10:00a to 4:00p

****No need to thank me for the plug. I love helping good people.*****

#321 6 years ago

All distributors should beware of this guy as a buyer lol

Three year member, who has a brother with LE games, wants us to believe he thinks the number plate on an LE is the actual number Machine off the line...

I rest my case. Peace!

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Three year member, who has a brother with LE games, wants us to believe he thinks the number plate on an LE is the actual number Machine off the line...
    I rest my case. Peace!

Get your facts straight my brother has one game the decepticon le I have the matching autobot one amongst others call the other distributors I have bought from and ask them if there has been any issues

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I rest my case. Peace!

Yes all distributors it is now fair game to steal his money.
    How the hell are you justifying not returning his money? Especially since they have announced that they would do it publicly.

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Just thought it would be nice to help show everyone in Pinside FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore. If they were looking to buy a new Limited Edition Pinball perhaps give this company a call.
    Perhaps ask them there special order and return policies before buying or you can ask if they have any outstanding upset customers. Seems like good questions to ask prior buying a new pinball from any company.
    http://pinballandmore.com/
    FUN! Billiards and Game room Superstore
    4539 Gus Thomasson Road
    Mesquite, Texas 75150
    (972) 686-7808
    [email protected]
    Store Hours:
    Mon - Fri 8:30a to 5:00p
    Sat 10:00a to 4:00p
    ****No need to thank me for the plug. I love helping good people.*****

Classy

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I rest my case. Peace!

You have no case but whatever, glad your done here.

#326 6 years ago

So Op, when the check does arrive, and it is postmarked October 20th, are you going to issue a public apology to Fun! and Craig?

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

So Op, when the check does arrive, and it is postmarked October 20th, are you going to issue a public apology to Fun! and Craig?

You've got to be kidding. I think FUN has lost a lot of business here regardless of what happens.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

You've got to be kidding. I think FUN has lost a lot of business here regardless of what happens.

Why would I be kidding? Everyone has tried and convicted them based on the fact they haven't sent a check. If time proves otherwise, then that negates that accusation.

#329 6 years ago

Is it possible that FUN is withholding the funds due to a possible looming bankruptcy? I don't know how the OP can sleep at night, I would be livid. I hope the ends well. Best of luck!

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Say whut?

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Did OP say they didn’t send the check on the 20th? He pointed out that they promised him a refund over a month ago and have yet to deliver it. And that Stern had to get involved. And that they were unprofessional over email. I’m not sure how a date stamp on an envelope addresses any of those issues.

Others in this thread have done some speculating for sure, but I think OP has mostly stuck to the facts.

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Why would I be kidding? Everyone has tried and convicted them based on the fact they haven't sent a check. If time proves otherwise, then that negates that accusation.

I cant speak for everyone but I think it is a combination of things such as when craig came on here spewing a bunch of lies and was caught when I posted all the emails exposing him and Fun!. They told me they were refunding me sept 15, They told me "good luck with that" when I asked for a refund
    They said they mailed the check oct. 17, than said it was mailed oct.20, craig said they got stuck with the game and had to resell it thats why refund was delayed, not the case stern refunded them in september and posted credits to there account, I continually refused to confirm my address another lie I confirmed it 12 minutes after being asked to do so keep in mind this is all proven by the emails they sent me and that I have since posted. And the list goes on and on... And I owe them an apology?? However I am not perfect and I did accuse them of using the line "the check is in the mail" as an excuse (in the emails between myself and Fun) so if it does show up with the postmark of when they said they mailed it and the check is good I will apologize for accusing them of using it as an excuse and on top of that I will make a charitable contribution in Craig's name is that fair enough? Just curious though do you think Craig and Fun! owe me an apology for the untruthful things he has said on this thread?

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

I cant speak for everyone but I think it is a combination of things such as when craig came on here spewing a bunch of lies and was caught when I posted all the emails exposing him and Fun!. They told me they were refunding me sept 15, They told me "good luck with that" when I asked for a refund
    They said they mailed the check oct. 17, than said it was mailed oct.20, craig said they got stuck with the game and had to resell it thats why refund was delayed, not the case stern refunded them in september and posted credits to there account, I continually refused to confirm my address another lie I confirmed it 12 minutes after being asked to do so keep in mind this is all proven by the emails they sent me and that I have since posted. And the list goes on and on... And I owe them an apology?? However I am not perfect and I did accuse them of using the line "the check is in the mail" as an excuse so if it does show up with the postmark of when they said they mailed it and the check is good I will apologize for accusing them of using it as an excuse and on top of that I will make a charitable contribution in Craig's name is that fair enough? Just curious though do you think Craig and Fun! owe me an apology for the untruthful things he has said on this thread?

You don't owe FUN or Craig anything, and if you wanna make a donation do it in the name of Pinside because this thread will be here for a long time as a reminder to avoid FUN at all costs.

#334 6 years ago

I have to support allpinball on the clarification that in general it seems he has not said that FUN! did not mail out the check on Oct 20th.
    Mostly he has said that he has not received the check yet.
    He may have said that they did not mail out the check earlier, such as in Sep or earlier in Oct.

I'm sure FUN! wasn't planning on allpinball starting this thread.
    Sure seems like FUN! was purposely dragging their feet about issueing/mailing the refund check until about Oct 20th.
    $9,000 dollars is a big chunk of money.

#335 6 years ago

At the end of the day I just need my money back I have been battling them since august and since sept 15 when they told me they were giving me a refund I didnt rush right out and post my situation on pinside I waited months to do it and when I did post it I just kept it brief I did not want to expose all that happened with the emails but had no choice but to post them after I was getting bashed and he came on the thread and said what he did sorry if I offended anyone with what I have posted

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

They said they mailed the check oct. 17, than said it was mailed oct.20, craig said they got stuck with the game and had to resell it thats why refund was delayed, not the case stern refunded them in september and posted credits to there account, I continually refused to confirm my address another lie I confirmed it 12 minutes after being asked to do so keep in mind this is all proven by the emails they sent me and that I have since posted. And the list goes on and on... And I owe them an apology?? However I am not perfect and I did accuse them of using the line "the check is in the mail" as an excuse (in the emails between myself and Fun) so if it does show up with the postmark of when they said they mailed it and the check is good I will apologize for accusing them of using it as an excuse and on top of that I will make a charitable contribution in Craig's name is that fair enough? Just curious though do you think Craig and Fun! owe me an apology for the untruthful things he has said on this thread?

I guarantee you one thing, if I was within driving distance of that place and she told me “good luck with that”.........I would have went to jail because I would have lost my mind. Her ass would be fired if I owned that place I guarantee it. Man when I seen that email you posted it pissed me off just like she was telling that sh*t to me. She needs to be job hunting over that statement there.

#337 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

I have a real good feeling that you aren’t going to have to worry about that check being postmarked the 20th lol. Even if it is, they have screwed you around so much that you still don’t owe them an apology. F that place!

#338 6 years ago

I've been warning people about FUN for a long time now. They buy really trashed pins by the truckload from S. America and other shady places, "shop" them out and flip them for HIGH retail prices.

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Not trying to argue but I think you are wrong. Here is autobot #001/125. Serial number on back is 233004. My brothers decepticon is #001/125 with serial number on back box 233129 exactly 125 after mine. I dont think that is coincidence

I know this is a side discussion but this could also be explained by them putting a serial number on the Autobot LEs of (233003+#) and a serial number on the Decepticon LEs of (233128+#). You are assuming that serial number correlates with production order. Do you actually believe they created all 125 Autobot LEs before they created any Decepticon LEs?

I am happy that it is not done this way as I ordered all of my JJP LEs with a number over 1000 so I would have had to wait a long time before I'd get my games!

Besides that nitpick, I feel the evidence points to a ruling in your favor in this case. Hopefully you get your money soon. They should have just wired it to you as the pricks made you do to them.

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Time ? wasnt the guy supposed to get a refund in Sept? ?

Why wouldnt they stop the check, make communication, and resend another, (priority with tracking) . ?

im not saying they havent sent the check on the oct 20th. by now, if i were the sender, id be taking steps to stop and reissue.

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If your policy publicly states you will send a check, then be smart enough to send it priority with a tracking number.

No way would I send out a check for that much money with just a tracking number. Certified Mail Signature Required, period.

-Steve

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I would hope anyone whose serious about this hobby would be all too familiar with this company and their insanely overpriced eBay listings that they've been posting for many years.

#343 6 years ago

One thing I have learned from all of this is that using a "stop payment" on a check is false security because the SP is only good for a a certain amount of time. And I always thought if I had my bank issue a stop payment that it was supposed to be forever.

https://www.thebalance.com/stop-payment-315346

"How it Works

...Your bank will generally continue looking for the check for six months (but bank policies differ, so be sure to confirm everything with your bank). After that, the stop payment expires, and the check could potentially be paid..."

Wow. in this era of online banking and Paypal, forged cashiers checks, etc. it looks like bank wire transfer is the only sure thing. But the bank wire charges can be a big bite. However, the OP stated FUN and he bank at the same banking institution so there would have been no fees.

If FUN had went with the safest option of a no-fee bank wire none of this drama would be happening. I bought a pin from a Canadian retailer last year and the only way he would take payment was bank wire. My bank charged me $40.00 for the service but it was bank wire or nothing. He was not selling to me via any of the other payment options we all know and use.

So, I find it difficult to believe that FUN, as a going pinball business, was not aware of using bank wire transfer (remember same bank no fee)---and chose to use the "lost in the mail" route instead.

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Why would anyone pay more for a specific number on a pinball machine?
    This is nothing like a matching numbers Corvette.

This is not a jab but I am trulywondering this myself.

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

This is not a jab but I am trulywondering this myself.

some people have the spare money and also like numbers... They are willing to pay extra for the fun of having that number.

I collect rock art poster and like the number 5 and 7. There are certain artists where I try to be a completest with and get everything in the same number.
    It is often just an added layer to the fun of collecting something.

#346 6 years ago

This just isnt any Fun...
    They also have the most overpriced games on ebay.
    Better places for Fun to be had.

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

some people have the spare money and also like numbers... They are willing to pay extra for the fun of having that number.
    I collect rock art poster and like the number 5 and 7. There are certain artists where I try to be a completest with and get everything in the same number.
    It is often just an added layer to the fun of collecting something.

MizunoUSA Golf Company uses their order numbers for their serial number they put on their golf clubs. Back in 2004 or 2005 they were approaching 1,000,000, and the serial number for that order was 1000000. I had a pretty good relationship with the VP of Sales who controlled those sorts of things, and asked him if I could reserve that number. He was a little bit puzzled and said the number meant nothing, and my response was 'it's just a cool number.'

So what we did was run a special eBay auction that included a full set of woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and a putter (Mizuno made putters back in those days), and as part of the auction we'd fly the person to the Mizuno factory and they could take a tour of the factory and have their clubs fit to them right there at the factory. The auction went well, we sold that particular set of clubs for a lot more than we normally would have, and the person that bought them had a great story to tell. And I have a lifetime customer because of the way he was treated.

Yes, it can be a little bit silly asking for a particular number, but it's marketed in all walks of life, and some people enjoy it. I've got a few 'collectibles' that have low production numbers and it's cool having them.

So to each their own. If you want to spend the extra money for a particular number, what the hell. It's not hurting anyone. But if it's offered, and you pay extra for it, the company needs to deliver. And it's not up to any of us to judge whether or not it's silly. And if the company does not deliver, a person has every right to back out of the agreement.

#348 6 years ago

Guess it stems from low number comic book collectors. Lower number equates higher value. Or just the OP's lucky number. However after recent events not sure that is the case.

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

allpinball,
    Did you check your mailbox yesterday?
    Did you check the mail today? Anything? Bueller? Bueller?
    Were you standing outside by the mailbox as the mailman (or mail-lady) drove up to deliver the mail? ...and?
    -or- are you protesting and purposely not checking your mailbox for a week?
    I thought perhaps the check arrived earlier this week, and you would deposit it Fri afternoon before the bank closes.
    Hope you get your check soon. Enjoy the weekend.

I can't believe some one would act like such an asshole to a guy who is out $9 grand! Why would you make such idiotic accusations? It's a good thing good you got ejected from this thread because you did a superb job of making yourself look like a supreme troll.

Good riddance!

#350 6 years ago

Has a single person on this thread that said that Fun's lost business over this....ever......actually...you know.....had any kind of ACTUAL business dealing with them before now?

I've sold them a game, bought a mod off ebay from them, and TECHNICALLY speaking, they were the distro for my Metallica that I purchased, even though that was through a 3rd party (TPF)....though I didn't really think about that last one at the time. I wouldn't expect any further response from them on this thread. There's no point. They're not accountable to anyone but their customers, which the vast majority of are not "us".

OP, are you D/FW local?

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards/page/7?hl=bit_image and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.