Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 6 years ago

OK, I wasn't going to chime in, but I have to chime in against all the people stating it doesn't take that long for a letter/package/whatever to go through the USPS. First, I ran an online retail business for 15 years and before I sold it/moved on we were doing over 10,000 mail orders a year.

I can 100% tell you that the USPS (and UPS, FEDEX) can totally screw up the delivery of letters, packages, priority mail, registered mail, etc. Almost all of the issues we had were with delivery. Often the USPS would even mark items as delivered and they would show up returned to us weeks, sometimes even YEARS later. The majority of their equipment is automated and not 100% of the items handed to them make it to their destination ever, let alone on time.

Now as a business I had to refund and eat many orders that were ruined, undelivered or just lost by the USPS. I would say it was a weekly problem with them. We used printed labels and tracking numbers on every item and still we couldn't get items delivered or found once they went off the grid.

So, should FUN have sent the check via priority mail with tracking, of course, but that would have required them to go to the post office instead of just putting a stamp on a letter and usually letters make it. However, it is totally possible a hand written letter, or even printed letter has gone missing.

Op, I feel for you. However, you did refuse to pick up the game that was sitting at the dock after it was shipped to you and started demanding a refund before that game was returned to Stern (this never went through Fun, it was dropped shipped). Even when I ran my business I absolutely required items to be returned before I would refund money, just too many scammers out there. Also just so you know, returns from shipping terminals, or even just packages returning to the sender through the USPS take WAY longer than the original shipping. They send them back in any open space, it would often take weeks to get a priority mail package back to me from a customer that entered a wrong address.

OP I really hope you receive your refund and I hope FUN handles these types of issues better in the future.

#252 6 years ago

So much of this book is outlined in the prevoius 251 posts.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm

DSM (resized).jpgDSM (resized).jpg

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Shit, this whole site seems like an insane asylum at times.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm

That book is for toilet paper!

#255 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballNut:

OK, I wasn't going to chime in, but I have to chime in against all the people stating it doesn't take that long for a letter/package/whatever to go through the USPS. First, I ran an online retail business for 15 years and before I sold it/moved on we were doing over 10,000 mail orders a year.
    I can 100% tell you that the USPS (and UPS, FEDEX) can totally screw up the delivery of letters, packages, priority mail, registered mail, etc. Almost all of the issues we had were with delivery. Often the USPS would even mark items as delivered and they would show up returned to us weeks, sometimes even YEARS later. The majority of their equipment is automated and not 100% of the items handed to them make it to their destination ever, let alone on time.
    Now as a business I had to refund and eat many orders that were ruined, undelivered or just lost by the USPS. I would say it was a weekly problem with them. We used printed labels and tracking numbers on every item and still we couldn't get items delivered or found once they went off the grid.
    So, should FUN have sent the check via priority mail with tracking, of course, but that would have required them to go to the post office instead of just putting a stamp on a letter and usually letters make it. However, it is totally possible a hand written letter, or even printed letter has gone missing.
    Op, I feel for you. However, you did refuse to pick up the game that was sitting at the dock after it was shipped to you and started demanding a refund before that game was returned to Stern (this never went through Fun, it was dropped shipped). Even when I ran my business I absolutely required items to be returned before I would refund money, just too many scammers out there. Also just so you know, returns from shipping terminals, or even just packages returning to the sender through the USPS take WAY longer than the original shipping. They send them back in any open space, it would often take weeks to get a priority mail package back to me from a customer that entered a wrong address.
    OP I really hope you receive your refund and I hope FUN handles these types of issues better in the future.

You need to look again at the posts my game was never sitting at the dock or shipped from stern the game that was at the dock was not mine

#256 6 years ago

It was yours!!

*Just with the wrong plate*

#257 6 years ago

My game was still sitting at stern with the plate attached to it we will have to agree to disagree

#258 6 years ago

So fun should eat the shipping because stern drop shipped the wrong number?

IMG_3641 (resized).JPGIMG_3641 (resized).JPG

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

FUN should take that up with Stern...

#260 6 years ago

No fun!!!

See if you can recognize any of the goofballs dancing with iggy...

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Fun! Did not eat anything stern sent them a check for the game and posted credits to there account in SEPTEMBER!! They got more back from stern than they paid stern and also have my money still

#262 6 years ago

I just have to! Sry!!!! Nothing directed at anyone...Just a clip that made me laugh......

#263 6 years ago

I see both sides and since I don't want to be a armchair quarterback with no skin in the game I will just say hope everything works out.

#264 6 years ago

Based on what you posted FUN! received the money back from Stern sometime between Sept. 22 and Oct. 17. I know you asked for a refund before that, but it could have been Stern delaying things up until that point.

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Based on what you posted FUN! received the money back from Stern sometime between Sept. 22 and Oct. 17. I know you asked for a refund before that, but it could have been Stern delaying things up until that point.

According to stern they were paid and credited the week of september 25th, granted I have no first hand knowledge or proof of when Fun! Received it but that is what I was told over the phone by stern
    I have no reason to doubt what stern has told me as they have been involved in this matter since august. They wasted no time in trying to get this resolved since the very beginning and have called me on the phone several times a week since the beginning just to check in with me and to see if I have received my money, they have apologized several times about the whole situation and have been amazing

#266 6 years ago

Copy/Pasting the text of the emails would probably have been fine.

How-to on iOS : https://www.lifewire.com/copy-paste-text-on-iphone-1999898

It's pretty easy on ios and android, and of course, on desktop systems you can do it from the right-click menu once you've selected some text.

Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png

#267 6 years ago

Time to give it a rest man...you're getting your money back. Let's be honest, you got cold feet and were looking for a way out.

If you really wanted a SWLE game you would've accepted the one you got...minus the BS number fee.

Why do you specifically want 16?? Are you Michael Jordon and only get items with a 23 on them..cmon.

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are you Michael Jordon and only get items with a 23 on them..cmon.

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Time to give it a rest man...you're getting your money back.

If he would've received his money, he wouldn't have started a thread here... How long do you think he should be waiting for it? I wouldn't want to wait 2 weeks to get a refund, and the OP has been waiting a LOT longer.

#270 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Time to give it a rest man...you're getting your money back. Let's be honest, you got cold feet and we're looking for a way out.
    If you really wanted a SWLE game you would've accepted the one you got...minus the BS number fee.
    Why do you specifically want 16?? Are you Michael Jordon and only get items with a 23 on them..cmon.

It actually doesn't matter what his reason is. He is paying a premium for an LE game that he wanted branded as #16 LE. I don't think he got cold feet about the game itself, I believe he got cold feet with Fun. And not knowing that #16 doesn't mean 16th off the assembly line, wasn't helping either. Whatever the reason was, his agreement with Fun did NOT go as planned/expected. Be it Stern's fault or Fun's fault, doesn't matter at that point. Buyer cancelled the sale and was given a run around by Fun. Why is the customer waiting over 45 days for his refund? VERY questionable move on Fun's part.

#271 6 years ago

If you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund, what you might consider is to contact Stern again. Explain to them that one of their distributors is refusing to reimburse you for a game that you did not receive, and ask them to put a little pressure on them. FUN doesn't want to NOT be able to order from Stern in the future, so if Stern would hang that over their head, it might encourage them to speed up the process and quit giving you the runaround. That is if you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund.

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

If you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund, what you might consider is to contact Stern again. Explain to them that one of their distributors is refusing to reimburse you for a game that you did not receive, and ask them to put a little pressure on them. FUN doesn't want to NOT be able to order from Stern in the future, so if Stern would hang that over their head, it might encourage them to speed up the process and quit giving you the runaround. That is if you are 100% certain that FUN hasn't sent your refund.

Stern is aware of it they communicated with me again earlier this week and were going to call Fun! Again

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Shit, this whole site seems like an insane asylum at times.

I have my helmet on!

watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpgwatermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

It actually doesn't matter what his reason is. He is paying a premium for an LE game that he wanted branded as #16 LE. I don't think he got cold feet about the game itself, I believe he got cold feet with Fun. And not knowing that #16 doesn't mean 16th off the assembly line, wasn't helping either. Whatever the reason was, his agreement with Fun did NOT go as planned/expected. Be it Stern's fault or Fun's fault, doesn't matter at that point. Buyer cancelled the sale and was given a run around by Fun. Why is the customer waiting over 45 days for his refund? VERY questionable move on Fun's part.

So did you buy another SWLE from somewhere else OP?

What premium was he paying?? $100

Puhleez

#275 6 years ago

Everything about what happened before is moot once a refund was agreed to.

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Puhleez

Isn't anyone buying an LE paying a premium? Puhleez my ass.

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Puhleez

No I have not, its kind of hard to buy anything else when they are keeping almost 9k of my money maybe you can afford to do something like that but I can't for your other question yes I paid the 100.00 premium I was asked to pay I suppose when you buy something they ask you to pay a certain amount and you say no thats not enough let me pay you more. I find it interesting that you have a problem with me Posting on pinside about Fun! Not returning my money for over a month and a half after they told me they would do so. But you have no problem at all with Fun! Receiving my money for the game and receiving money from stern for the game and keeping all of it

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Isn't anyone buying an LE paying a premium? Puhleez my ass.

Not into puhleezing asses..I'll leave that up to you.

And since your comprehension is lacking...if he REALLY wanted the game, the only premium over ANY OTHER LE, is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. (Which every distributor charges FYI)

#279 6 years ago

I can't believe that Fun! still hasn't refunded the money. This is pure madness. Swapping plaques would have been fine with me in that situation (they're not made in any order or anything, the plaques are fairly arbitrary), as long as I could be assured that there's not another #16 out there. But, I fully understand not wanting to compromise, and Fun! agreed to process a refund. They're obviously dragging their feet. But I don't know the full story from Fun's side. Sometimes the whole story is really hard to see.

It's true that there are horror stories about Fun! games all over RGP. Everything from poorly described listings to people receiving games that were obviously not what were pictured on eBay listings. I remember seeing some of their games with lots of hacked repairs or really, really poor shop jobs that were passed off as restored games. Those stories don't seem so common these days. I was under the impression that they had worked to improve on those things, but I haven't seen a Fun! game under the hood for years now. But I know Craig is well regarded, so I've always refrained from passing along negative opinions due to not having firsthand experience for a long time.

But this is crazy. Get. This. Man. His. Money. Cancel the check and wire the funds. Use PayPal. Overnight a new check. Do whatever you need to make it as immediate as possible.

#280 6 years ago

He mailed the check, if it gets there it gets there. He did his part and washed his hands of it.
    And someone said if he wanted tracking he would have had to go the the post office.
    Not true, they have these little things called USPS tracking stickers that they give out and will send to you for free.
    I know I have a bunch here in front of me and use them all the time! There is no longer any extra charge for tracking either

#281 6 years ago

The Op is entitled to his money, end of story.

#282 6 years ago

hassellcastle Has FUN! offered any timeline? Really, I think that's what needs to happen. Let's assume the check that you sent on Oct. 17 or Oct. 20 has been lost in the mail. What is your exact process and timeline for canceling or sending a replacement? You previously mentioned that your bank suggested 90-days. Is that what the OP should expect, or is there a better way for you to cancel the check and reissue an instant payment? Sure it might cost you $20-$30, but clearly that would be worth the credibility savings to avoid this thread from dragging on for another 60-days.

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

hassellcastle Has FUN! offered any timeline? Really, I think that's what needs to happen. Let's assume the check that you sent on Oct. 17 or Oct. 20 has been lost in the mail. What is your exact process and timeline for canceling or sending a replacement? You previously mentioned that your bank suggested 90-days. Is that what the OP should expect, or is there a better way for you to cancel the check and reissue an instant payment? Sure it might cost you $20-$30, but clearly that would be worth the credibility savings to avoid this thread from dragging on for another 60-days.

I wish he would answer this, better yet send me a legal document to sign saying I acknowledge I am willingly committing fraud if I ever cash "the check in mail" state if it arrives I must send it back put in there if I cash it I owe you double I dont care just give me my money back than you can stop payment on it and do a transfer of the funds from your account to mine Is this unreasonable to ask?

#284 6 years ago

Any chance of a reply from hassellcastle?

#285 6 years ago

In the words of the great Teddy KGB...

images-22 (resized).jpgimages-22 (resized).jpg

#286 6 years ago

Sounds reasonable. hassellcastle if you are worried about the double cashing have your bank send him a notice to sign. Seriously we can have this all done by the end of next week.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

And since your comprehension is lacking...if he REALLY wanted the game, the only premium over ANY OTHER LE, is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. (Which every distributor charges FYI)

You are correct, I read that out of context, you are implying it's just 100 bucks.

HOWEVER

Pure BS, 100% not every distributor charges that $100.

#289 6 years ago

would not take long at all since bolth of our accounts are at the same national bank

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Any chance of a reply from hassellcastle?

he's doing the right thing by staying out of this mess here. its really not anyones business but the op and his and it sounds like its on the process of getting done so everyone get a life it is the weekend if anyone has noticed!

#291 6 years ago

I just want to point out that in the business where I used to work assembling high end "boutique" tube amplifiers, a check for 9k would be peanuts, and checks for well into 5 figures went out in the regular mail all the time. I don't disagree with the OP wanting his money back, but in a real business, checks sometimes take a while to get where they're going.

#292 6 years ago

He doesn't need to post here. Just contact the OP.

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!
    Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

yeah it's pretty standard for the a stop payment to only last a certain period of time, which is useless 99% of the time

Quoted from Mbecker:

They didn’t send it when they said ..seems pretty clear at this point. Who sends an $8k check just dropped in the regular mail with no tracking or certification — that’s insane. was it just in spite as they were upset at OP?

I actually did a couple days ago, to lazy to go to the ups store

Quoted from allpinball:

My brothers decepticon is #001/125 with serial number on back box 233129 exactly 125 after mine. I dont think that is coincidence

probably happens to some degree on some games, but as LE's have higher production #'s I'm sure the plaque's are riveted to whatever game is closest.

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

No I have not, its kind of hard to buy anything else when they are keeping almost 9k of my money maybe you can afford to do something like that but I can't for your other question yes I paid the 100.00 premium I was asked to pay I suppose when you buy something they ask you to pay a certain amount and you say no thats not enough let me pay you more. I find it interesting that you have a problem with me Posting on pinside about Fun! Not returning my money for over a month and a half after they told me they would do so. But you have no problem at all with Fun! Receiving my money for the game and receiving money from stern for the game and keeping all of it

So when you get your refund, you're buying another Star Wars?

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

he's doing the right thing by staying out of this mess here. its really not anyones business but the op and his and it sounds like its on the process of getting done so everyone get a life it is the weekend if anyone has noticed!

Agree. Why would he waste his time anymore with this thread. It would not do him any good to try and defend the company he works for. Hopefully you get the money soon. It's Friday night and we all should just go out and have some fun.

morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpgmorning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

It is the weekend and I have big plans, Im just a little short on funds right now can you loan me $9,000 Im waiting on a check in the mail and as soon as it arrives I will pay you back

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

It is the weekend and I have big plans, Im just a little short on funds right now can you loan me $9,000 Im waiting on a check in the mail and as soon as it arrives I will pay you back

sure, check is in the mail! lol

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

sure, check is in the mail! lol

I don't think this funny at all Poopycock , the man is wanting his $9,000 back.

#299 6 years ago

allpinball,

Did you check your mailbox yesterday?
    Did you check the mail today? Anything? Bueller? Bueller?
    Were you standing outside by the mailbox as the mailman (or mail-lady) drove up to deliver the mail? ...and?

-or- are you protesting and purposely not checking your mailbox for a week?

I thought perhaps the check arrived earlier this week, and you would deposit it Fri afternoon before the bank closes.

Hope you get your check soon. Enjoy the weekend.

#300 6 years ago

Found it

20171103_210831 (resized).jpg20171103_210831 (resized).jpg

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.