Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

" good luck with that"
    That is disgusting to treat a customer like that! You are lucky he did not live close enough to your business to bring real retribution. I can only imagine how someone could legitimately flip their lid when told "good luck with that" and you are holding 9k of their funds.

Good ole Ruthy Baby seems to be quite ruthless!

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles.

I guess I'm an idiot then, because up until this thread, I would've assumed the # on the machine was the order it was produced, not just something from a random number generator. At least this thread has been educational for me in that regard I guess.

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

The "good luck with that" statement is slightly out of context. What was said immediately before that?

Actually, it wasn't. That was Ruth's reply with the OP's demand to void the contract and send him a refund. It's there for all to read.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Sometime in that month though they sent a payment to Stern and a game was shipped, correct. I'm assuming at that time they contacted you and offered resolutions. Also, what was your email on August 16th?

I dont know when they sent a payment to stern, they shipped me game 300 and something in early august The only resolution offered to me was to pick that one up take the plaque off ship it back and wait for the new plaque and attach it when I received it, no other resolution was offered that was around mid day I think. I got off the phone after being told that and was not happy about the fact that they wanted me to do that rather than offering to get me the right one I stewed about it all that night and came to the decision it was not right the way it was being handled and that very night at 12am is when I sent the email telling them it wasnt right the way they were handeling it and I want a refund my email is the foxboro one

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Furthermore, everyone needs to also remember he works for Fun! He doesn't own the business. I know Craig personally, and I've known him since before he worked at Fun!. Let me tell you, he's one of the most honest and reliable people I know. He's a straight shooter and won't 'tell you what you want to hear'.

Very possible Craig, as an employee, has no control over what is happening here other than trying to defend who he works for?

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

I guess I'm an idiot then, because up until this thread, I would've assumed the # on the machine was the order it was produced, not just something from a random number generator. At least this thread has been educational for me in that regard I guess.

I also thought that way and with good reason as I had access to bolth transformer les and that was the case with that game

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

A few things are obvious here, 1 Fun doesn't have, and dind't have enough money to send a refund, so they just pretended to. 2 Fun is being a big cry baby and blaming the customer for being mean and difficult, so now we they have been advised they shouldn't help him or pay him. 3. The check was never mailed. 4 They still don't have enough money to refund you. Time to call the BBB and possibly the police. And 5. NO ONE in their right mind would send a 9k check in regular mail without tracking. Never happened. ANY EXCUSE is just unacceptable and would NEVER buy a thing from them.

I would not post it like it is fact for legal reasons, but the evidence provided here in the thread gives the appearance that what you say could be the facts.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Bottom line check WAS mailed October 20th. He WILL receive it.

Y'all promised him a refund back in the middle of Sept... what took so long?

#159 6 years ago

Why do we see so many instances in pinball of failed delivery of merchandise or failed refunds? $$$$

#160 6 years ago

Crickets.........

#161 6 years ago

Good lord, just take it to small claims court and be done with it.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

It being admitted by the seller that a plate change was offered is ...........Harmful to the "gimmick". Where was the plate coming from? Ouch...

I'm stuck on that, and everything after that is just........On the buyers side no matter what he said or did. No ones fault, just "get me my money, now!!"

I don't even blame Fun or Stern. It was a mistake to lose the trust with the buyer. And it happens....

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!
    Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

I'm not looking to take sides here... but you can also have the check re-issued with the same check number so that only one check will ever go through.

My payroll dept does this all the time when employees (who for some reason don't have direct deposit) can't find their payroll check. Just reissue check under the same number.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroToys:

I wish it was that easy, the amount of money exceeds small claim limit therefore requiring a filing in district court where I am from you can not represent yourself and requires paying an attorney than there is the matter of which state has jurisdiction so travel may be required but thats ultimately where this is heading

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroToys:

I'm pretty sure this is beyond small claims.

I gotta hand it to the OP. I think I would've had a scorched earth mindset if my distro told me "good luck with that" when I request a refund. That's beyond bad business.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from smacks:

I'm not looking to take sides here... but you can also have the check re-issued with the same check number so that only one check will ever go through.
    My payroll dept does this all the time when employees (who for some reason don't have direct deposit) can't find their payroll check. Just reissue check under the same number.

Why dont they just draft a legal document saying I agree that I am knowingly committing fraud if I attempt to cash "the check in the mail" and agree to send it back if it ever shows than stop payment and transfer me the refund

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

I wish it was that easy, the amount of money exceeds small claim limit therefore requiring a filing in district court where I am from you can not represent yourself and requires paying an attorney than there is the matter of which state has jurisdiction so travel may be required but thats ultimately where this is heading

I'd take it to higher court and get the travel and legal fees too then.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroToys:

People's Court!

peoples_court (resized).jpgpeoples_court (resized).jpg

#169 6 years ago

Or take it to Judge Joe Brown, he don't play!

#170 6 years ago

Interesting to see how this numbering issue works with pinball; I am one of those who assumed #16 would have been the 16th unit off the line.

For those who question the desire for a certain number, I can partially understand. I come from the world of Corvettes. Back in the 60s and early 70s more than a few Vettes got cut up (customized), chopped up (customized), big block engines shoveled into places designed for small block engines, etc. A few of the old Vettes were left untouched. In 1974, along comes the National Corvette Restoration Society and the world started to understand that The Corvette was a classic car. Untouched original Vettes with matching numbers went into the higher dollar value territory.

Two restored Corvettes, side by side, identical in every way, same engine, same tranny, same color, etc. the one with the matching numbers would be worth more money.

1953 Corvette #3 was the first Vette that GM let out the door. That #3 was a lot more than #4 or #5 etc. The Vettes were numbered in their order off of the line (None of this wishy-washy BS of which unit I could attached a number plate to first).

And then later on the matching numbers thing move into the 60's Dodge Charger territory.

As someone mentioned way back in this thread, the later numbers in line are usually better quality wise as the production kinks get worked out and the line workers learn how to assemble the product.

I don't understand the desire for a certain number on a pin, but I do respect it and would be disenchanted to be told that "we will send you a serial number tag. Which number would you like?"

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

You can contact your state's Attorney General and explain what's happening. They frequently look into cases like this from what I've been told. You could contact the state's AG in whatever stage FUN is in as well. I'd be sure to be level-headed when writing the letter and not be emotional at all though.

#172 6 years ago

Again my apologies. I had to.

judge-judy-story-going-with (resized).pngjudge-judy-story-going-with (resized).png

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Again my apologies. I had to.

I still like the skeleton at the mailbox better

#174 6 years ago

This should be a lesson to all business owners and companies out there. It’s not a good idea to F people over in this day and age because you will get your sorry azz exposed on the internet for everyone to see if you do and very possibly ruin your business. I can’t imagine how many customers this company just lost due to their ignorance and terrible business practices. Also if I was the owner, Ruth’s ass would be terminated immediately! You better be careful who you tell “good luck with that” because if you catch a guy that’s having a bad day that you are trying to F out of ten thousand dollars, don’t be surprised if he is in your store standing in front of your face daring you to say that again to him. Fun will NEVER see any of my business because of their shady business practices and ESPECIALLY because of Ruth’s big mouth and sh*tty attitude!

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting to see how this numbering issue works with pinball; I am one of those who assumed #16 would have been the 16th unit off the line.
    For those who question the desire for a certain number, I can partially understand. I come from the world of Corvettes. Back in the 60s and early 70s more than a few Vettes got cut up (customized), chopped up (customized), big block engines shoveled into places designed for small block engines, etc. A few of the old Vettes were left untouched. In 1974, along comes the National Corvette Restoration Society and the world started to understand that The Corvette was a classic car. Untouched original Vettes with matching numbers went into the higher dollar value territory.
    Two restored Corvettes, side by side, identical in every way, same engine, same tranny, same color, etc. the one with the matching numbers would be worth more money.
    1953 Corvette #3 was the first Vette that GM let out the door. That #3 was a lot more than #4 or #5 etc. The Vettes were numbered in their order off of the line (None of this wishy-washy BS of which unit I could attached a number plate to first).
    And then later on the matching numbers thing move into the 60's Dodge Charger territory.
    As someone mentioned way back in this thread, the later numbers in line are usually better quality wise as the production kinks get worked out and the line workers learn how to assemble the product.
    I don't understand the desire for a certain number on a pin, but I do respect it and would be disenchanted to be told that "we will send you a serial number tag. Which number would you like?"

You're talking about serial numbers or VINs, not Limited Edition Collectors Plaques.

#176 6 years ago

judges-judily-me-irl-26287498 (resized).pngjudges-judily-me-irl-26287498 (resized).png

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from smacks:

He wants the original check promised him, not a different check with the same number! That's how this whole thing started!

#178 6 years ago

For the OP, you seem like a good guy, you have taken the questions and comments well. I think your word is all you have and when you buy something that is your word and you went back on it because it wasn't as fast as you wanted it to be. Personally I wouldn't have set up a "buyer beware" post. If I did though, I would have laid it all out up front. I also would have used a little more tact with the business. Unfortunately in this day and age, the customer is not always right. I think this is bad customer.

As for Fun! I never had issue with them, been in their store several times, played on a lot of their pins. But some of this seems shady to me and I'm the type to just get things over with and not jack around. If a refund was due, it would have been sent out ASAP unless otherwise stated prior to cash on the glass. I also wouldn't back talk a customer with "good luck with that", some people have really good luck and you might be the one needing some luck. I also believe I would have better records of transaction and instruct my employees to not put information out unless it's verified correct. I think this is bad business.

This is opinion and means nothing. I normally stay out of discussions like this unless I've had some sort of interaction with one of the parties. I also hate to see people bad mouth business or other people, most of the time it's just a surly customer that is affecting the livilyhood of others and there's something the customer is hiding or not telling. I remain neutral on this.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This should be a lesson to all business owners and companies out there. It’s not a good idea to F people over in this day and age because you will get your sorry azz exposed on the internet for everyone to see if you do and very possibly ruin your business. I can’t imagine how many customers this company just lost due to their ignorance and terrible business practices. Also if I was the owner, Ruth’s ass would be terminated immediately! You better be careful who you tell “good luck with that” because if you catch a guy that’s having a bad day that you are trying to F out of ten thousand dollars, don’t be surprised if he is in your store standing in front of your face daring you to say that again to him. Fun will NEVER see any of my business because of their shady business practices and ESPECIALLY because of Ruth’s big mouth and sh*tty attitude!

yea well a lotta good business out there also get some unfair criticism and get there businesses hurt unfairly from morons not telling the truth, exaggerating or just having a bad day so it goes both ways, not taking sides here but everyone should realize theres good and bad on both sides of the aisle.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

You're talking about serial numbers or VINs, not Limited Edition Collectors Plaques.

Ya that was originally my confusion too and kind of changes my view a little.......In all my ramblings in the thread I didn't realize that is what that meant. Not the actual serial number, just a "1 of xx"
    I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I've already posted too much of my nonsense in the thread.

I also haven't seen anything in the thread that would make me not buy from Fun. I just know now that if I back out of a deal it might take me a little while to get my check. So, I'll try not to do that when dealing with them......See, I can't make up my mind here either of who's actually in the wrong. Just mix ups, and a little lag.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

I also haven't seen anything in the thread that would make me not buy from Fun. I just know now that if I back out of a deal it might take me a little while to get my check. So, I'll try not to do that when dealing with them......

Yep, no reason to hammer on FUN like so many are doing here... they might not have handled things perfectly but the OP didn't either... and we'll never know the whole story!

If I were FUN I would hold his money another 2 weeks or so since he started this thread.

#182 6 years ago

So now here is the real question. Where is SWLE #16. We need to find this game.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

For the OP, you seem like a good guy, you have taken the questions and comments well. I think your word is all you have and when you buy something that is your word and you went back on it because it wasn't as fast as you wanted it to be. Personally I wouldn't have set up a "buyer beware" post. If I did though, I would have laid it all out up front. I also would have used a little more tact with the business. Unfortunately in this day and age, the customer is not always right. I think this is bad customer.
    As for Fun! I never had issue with them, been in their store several times, played on a lot of their pins. But some of this seems shady to me and I'm the type to just get things over with and not jack around. If a refund was due, it would have been sent out ASAP unless otherwise stated prior to cash on the glass. I also wouldn't back talk a customer with "good luck with that", some people have really good luck and you might be the one needing some luck. I also believe I would have better records of transaction and instruct my employees to not put information out unless it's verified correct. I think this is bad business.
    This is opinion and means nothing. I normally stay out of discussions like this unless I've had some sort of interaction with one of the parties. I also hate to see people bad mouth business or other people, most of the time it's just a surly customer that is affecting the livilyhood of others and there's something the customer is hiding or not telling. I remain neutral on this.

Fair enough

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yep, no reason to hammer on FUN like so many are doing here... they might not have handled things perfectly but the OP didn't either... and we'll never know the whole story!
    If I were FUN I would hold his money another 2 weeks or so since he started this thread.

I know why we think alike! That last sentence might be an area thing!

I miss Ohio! I don't miss the cold!

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Actually, it wasn't. That was Ruth's reply with the OP's demand to void the contract and send him a refund. It's there for all to read.

actually no its not. He has purposefully tried not to post the email he sent on aug 16th at midnight. He has posted the one from the 17th he sent referring to the other one but hasnt posted the first one.

You never know what could have been in that other email as he was pissed and could have made some bad statements.

Now im not on either side here but he posts emails and deliberately leaves out important pieces of the conversation and when asked to post that, he posts the same thing again purposefully not showing the email in question.

Im not backing FUN here at all, they have def done some questionable practices here.

Would just like to see the email from aug 16th that he references to on august 17th, because to me it seems Ruth might be responding to the earlier email.

#186 6 years ago

Why would anyone pay more for a specific number on a pinball machine?

This is nothing like a matching numbers Corvette.

#187 6 years ago

Soooo....Did the check arrive today?

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

actually no its not. He has purposefully tried not to post the email he sent on aug 16th at midnight. He has posted the one from the 17th he sent referring to the other one but hasnt posted the first one.
    You never know what could have been in that other email as he was pissed and could have made some bad statements.
    Now im not on either side here but he posts emails and deliberately leaves out important pieces of the conversation and when asked to post that, he posts the same thing again purposefully not showing the email in question.
    Im not backing FUN here at all, they have def done some questionable practices here.
    Would just like to see the email from aug 16th that he references to on august 17th, because to me it seems Ruth might be responding to the earlier email.

Calm down, I didnt know you were asking to see the email from the 16th I have nothing to hide I basically summorized what the email on the 16th at 12am was about in another response I will post it now this has never been about me getting cold feet or not wanting the game because it didnt get her fast enough as some have stated I only mentioned the july 17 email to bring up the fact that steve lied to me about it shipping than to get me to pay the balance the fact that he lied to me than plays into the trust that was broken and goes to the point I am expressing in the aug 16 email it is long so I will have to post it in 2 screen shots but will overlap the text so you dont think Im hiding it if anyone else has any more questions or wants to see anymore just ask like I said I have nothing to hide about how this has went down

IMG_2556 (resized).PNGIMG_2556 (resized).PNG

IMG_2557 (resized).PNGIMG_2557 (resized).PNG

#189 6 years ago

Meant here not her

#196 6 years ago

Leave the OP alone!!!! He just wants his money as he was promised!!!!! At this point all the BS leading up to FUN saying I will send you a check for the X amount is irrelevant. Let's wait and see when or if this guy gets his check as promised.

#197 6 years ago

allpinball,

Not disputing anyone's story here, but it would be interesting to see the post mark date on the outside of the refund check envelope.
    My guess would be that the date will be Oct 20th, but just a guess.

And I trust that allpinball has not received the check a few days ago, and is just sticking it to FUN! for a few extra days just to grind their gears for a few extra days to teach them a lesson. Especially since as soon as buyer reports that the refund check has finally been received, then many of us Pinsiders with short attention spans will move on to GotG or whatever the current flaming topic is on the forum.

#198 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Leave the OP alone!!!! He just wants his money as he was promised!!!!! At this point all the BS leading up to FUN saying I will send you a check for the X amount is irrelevant. Let's wait and see when or if this guy gets his check as promised.

Exactly, geez you guys, who cares if FUN treated you well, or the even dumber posts about why he wanted a certain number and how dumb that is.

The OP ordered a game, was not going to get said game and asked for a refund. ( totally acceptable and understandable )

Then FUN dicked him around, lied and treated him poorly. Since then, shockingly, they ( or at least one employee ) has disappeared.

There are not two sides to this story, its cut and dry and Id be pissed too.

#199 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

they might not have handled things perfectly but the OP didn't either...

The Op paid for the game in full and then once he was informed the incorrect game was in stock, he requested a refund. How would you suggest one to handle the situation better?

Quoted from teekee:

They've already had his money since July! But you suggest to hold the ops money further. Yeah ok what a nice guy and great suggestion

All they needed to do was refund him when it all went pear shaped of no fault to the Op. He didn't start this thread months ago like many would have, he started it after getting lied to multiple times

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

I also thought that way and with good reason as I had access to bolth transformer les and that was the case with that game

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think either of the Transformers, or the SWLE were the actual requested # that rolled off the line.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards/page/4?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.