2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 2 years ago

I'm just tired of seeing GOTG up at the top of the forum.

#102 2 years ago

All FUN had to is refund his money in a timely manner. As a restocking fee, it was never in stock. Maybe a $100 - $200 cancellation fee would of been in order?
    Any such fee's should have been put in writing at the time of sale.
    You would think a business like FUN would know how to deal with customers who are particular. It's part of running a business that deals with the public.
    Bottom line is Fun has lost more than 1 customer.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

You realize you picked a number to go on a plaque (#16), not the true #16 machine to go down the line? LE owners can pick any number. If they've already made 50 machines, you can still have #16 on your plaque if no one else has "claimed" that number. To be honest, you are better off to not get the first few dozen as the assembly line works out any kinks.

No i was not aware of that because when I ordered 2 transformer le games from mike nogle one autobot one decepticon matching numbers one for me one for my brother the le # coinsided with the serial number on the back of the head.

#104 2 years ago

Wait you lost my support when you said you bought 2 Transformers.

#105 2 years ago

With all the back and forth aside, at some point it is determined OP will get a refund. Check is mailed on the 20th. he hasn't received it by the 1st (12 days after it had been mailed). It seems that the answer he is getting is check the mail and talk to the USPS. But in all actuality I think the USPS is going to tell him the sender is the one that is going to have to file out some forms on this.

12 days is a long time to wait on a 9k check I would have been freaked out by the 27th if not sooner.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

as I stated earlier there are two sides to every story. There are a lot more little details I would like to add some of which I'm not liable to post publicly due to our distributor agreement. Allpinball has repeatedly posted lies now to which I now must defend. Please make sure all you have stated publicly is correct allpinball, slander of a company might not be the route you want to continue to take my friend.
    Brandon throughout your communications with Ruth over the past few weeks. Your belligerent accusing her of theft she has asked you repeatedly and nicely to confirm your mailing address. You have YET to confirm with giving her your address but repeatedly stated "you should have it from the beginning of our transaction!" Wouldn't it be just as easy to give us your address as to where to send the check? She has told you she mailed it to the address on your check and you have not once answered the question if the address on the check is your current mailing address.
    I've stated all I can say publicly. However PLEASE if anyone would like to call and discuss this with me in greater detail I will be happy to speak to you. Feel free to call me at the store, 972-686-7808 anytime after 8:30am CST. I would love for many of my fellow pinsiders to get more to this story than they can read here.
    Bottom line check WAS mailed October 20th. He WILL receive it.
    P.S. The Charge for requesting a specific LE number or low number is a legitimate charge from the manufacturer. It requires more paperwork as the game is to be segregated and shipped differently than the mass population of LE's. Maybe there are some distributors that are absorbing this cost, but to state it is BS is false as we and all others distributors are charged an up charge for doing so.
    This is not Brandon's first rodeo with LE's when I spoke with him a mere week after the shipping snafu and told him game #16 was on Sterns dock ready to ship. He stated to me he had several other low number LE's he had purchased new. I think after reading initial reviews he made the judgement call that he wanted to pull the plug once he had already paid for his game. To offer a refund immediately would have resulted in FUN having to purchase the game...we didn't need it. Buyer take ownership of your purchase.
    Stop payment yes sounds like a good option and Brandon has requested this...all the while refusing to confirm his mailing address. Not an option at this point. We had a meeting yesterday with our financial officer of our bank on the subject and he suggested not to do so. He stated that issuing a stop payment is only good for 90 days. Should Allpinball receive the the first issued check it could (not saying he would) be redeposited after 90 days. Our advisor has heard the whole story and he stated it would be in our best interest not to do so since this customer has been very erratic and difficult.
    I'm done on the matter.
    If anyone would like more please feel free to call me at the number above.

Would you also like to talk about when I emailed for I believe the 3rd time saying I wanted a refund and your response was "good luck with that" would you like to see that email posted too

#107 2 years ago

I have to say that the emails being posted are pretty damning to Fun's side of the "story". 9 grand checks in the mail story.....sent Oct 17th, then the 20th, something does not add up at all for this retailer.

On the other hand, not so sure what the significance of the #16 LE was? Maybe the OP lost his virginity at 16 while watching Star Wars and wanted to keep the memory alive? Who knows.

A cancellation policy, in writing, for special orders should have been presented by Fun and signed by the buyer. None of this bullshit would be happening. While the OP is a fickle one, this is just poor business practice on Fun and on them.

When I have a customer that needs a special order part from the manufacturer(GM, Ford, Nissan, etc), the part must be paid for in advance and there is a 20% return fee if they pull a no show or decide they don't want it. It's on EVERY invoice.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Wait you lost my support when you said you bought 2 Transformers.

Ya I know and I still have mine and would never sell it, my brother still has his as well I grew up on transformers and is more about the theme than game play, I guess that also blows his story about seeing reviews and getting cold feet as you can not get worse reviews than transformers

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Would you also like to talk about when I emailed for I believe the 3rd time saying I wanted a refund and your response was "good luck with that" would you like to see that email posted too

At this point, WE would!

#110 2 years ago

hassellcastle are you done with this thread now that your lies have been exposed?

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

At this point, WE would!

This email follows up on an email where I told them I dont want number 380 they sent me and she asked me how I would like to proceed as you can see from the email date I have been battling with them since august for a refund, stern got involved at the end of august if I remember right and have also been asking them to issue a refund

IMG_2550 (resized).PNG

#112 2 years ago

So here's the timeline presented...

1 ) ?: Buyer orders game, playing extra for #16
    2 ) July 12: Seller informs buyer the game is ready to ship from Stern and a payment is due.
    * ) We can probably assume the buyer pays and the seller pays a good portion of that money to Stern.
    3 ) ?: The wrong game is sent from Stern. The seller notices this and offers options of switching the plate or waiting for the correct game to be resent. Were other options offered?
    3 ) Aug 16: The buyer sends some email, which is referenced in the email sent Aug 17.
    4 ) Aug 17: The buyer asks the seller for a refund. Seller replies, "Good luck with that."
    5 ) Sept 15: Seller agrees to refund minus a $100 "low number fee".
    6 ) Sept 22: Buyer asks if the check has been mailed. Seller replies they are waiting for a check from Stern.
    * ) We can probably assume that the seller received a refund from Stern.
    7 ) Oct 17: Buyer asks if the check has been mailed. Seller states that the check went in the mail today.
    8 ) Oct 23: Buyer informs the seller that they have not received the check. Seller replies that it was sent.
    9 ) Oct 30: Buyer informs the seller that they have not received the check. Seller asks buyer to wait longer. Seller asks buyer to verify address. Seller offers to place a stop payment on the first check and issue a new check.
    10 ) Nov 1: Seller has a meeting where it is decided they can't do a stop payment due to the erratic nature of the buyer.
    11 ) Nov 2: Seller says the check was mailed Oct 20 and the buyer will receive the check.

#113 2 years ago

Yeah, the whole “check is in the mail” thing has definitely lost its credibility at this point.

#114 2 years ago

" good luck with that"

That is disgusting to treat a customer like that! You are lucky he did not live close enough to your business to bring real retribution. I can only imagine how someone could legitimately flip their lid when told "good luck with that" and you are holding 9k of their funds.

#115 2 years ago

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!

Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

" good luck with that"
    That is disgusting to treat a customer like that! You are lucky he did not live close enough to your business to bring real retribution. I can only imagine how someone could legitimately flip their lid when told "good luck with that" and you are holding 9k of their funds.

Ummmm? I wouldn't sleep at night! Not sure what I'd do over that kind of money. But I have a few ideas, and we wouldn't be airing it in a thread.

#117 2 years ago

I cannot imagine what I would do if someone told me “good luck with that” when I requested my $9k back.

That alone is enough for me to never buy from Fun!

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

That's too long! I don't care if the buyer was a PINTA! Doesn't matter!
    Also, I've never heard of ...A stop payment on a check is only good for 90 days? What good would that be? No...There has to be a way to Void it, cancel, etc...I have no experience with that lately so who knows maybe it is true now.

My guess is it was probably a cashiers check. If that's the case they are treated like cash for 90-days. On a large check like this the bank would likely not reissue inside of that period to avoid having the payment cashed twice. It sounds to me like FUN! majorly screwed up, including not having the ability to track such a large check. However, if they indeed did send out the check it's very possible the bank would suggest not sending a second.

#119 2 years ago

If anybody downvoted the first post, and has since learned new information that would change your opinion (as I did), I recommend you adjust your downvote.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

My guess is it was probably a cashiers check. If that's the case they are treated like cash for 90-days. On a large check like this the bank would likely not reissue inside of that period to avoid having the payment cashed twice. It sounds to me like FUN! majorly screwed up, including not having the ability to track such a large check. However, if they indeed did send out the check it's very possible the bank would suggest not sending a second.

In the past....We just did bank transfer. Not sure if it's a good practice and was in a whole different type of business. But done, over with within basically hours. Now a days I'm sure it's less risky with all the new laws. Back then I think it was only something like a $30 charge or something close to that. Still cheaper than all of this headache!

"The check is in the mail" Just seems so outdated to hear this day on that amount of money.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

In the past....We just did bank transfer. Not sure if it's a good practice and was in a whole different type of business. But done, over with within basically hours. Now a days I'm sure it's less risky with all the new laws. Back then I think it was only something like a $30 charge or something close to that. Still cheaper than all of this headache!
    "The check is in the mail" Just seems so outdated to hear this day on that amount of cash.

That is how he was paid the majority of the money, what makes it worse is we bolth bank at the same national bank and he could of simply made an in bank transfer which would of cost him nothing at this point I think they are just making excuses not to refund me

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If anybody downvoted the first post, and has since learned new information that would change your opinion (as I did), I recommend you adjust your downvote.

Thank you for the support

#123 2 years ago

A few things are obvious here, 1 Fun doesn't have, and dind't have enough money to send a refund, so they just pretended to. 2 Fun is being a big cry baby and blaming the customer for being mean and difficult, so now we they have been advised they shouldn't help him or pay him. 3. The check was never mailed. 4 They still don't have enough money to refund you. Time to call the BBB and possibly the police. And 5. NO ONE in their right mind would send a 9k check in regular mail without tracking. Never happened. ANY EXCUSE is just unacceptable and would NEVER buy a thing from them.

#124 2 years ago

Anyone watch last weeks Orville episode about trial and adjudication through
    social media?
    Kinda relates here.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

That is how he was paid the majority of the money, what makes it worse is we bolth bank at the same national bank and he could of simply made an in bank transfer which would of cost him nothing at this point I think they are just making excuses not to refund me

Ya...No offense...but first sign of you backing out...Looking at it from their view...would have been an indicator to get this resolved and settled up "Right now" potential problem coming down the line. If we banked at the same bank? Money would have went that day. If they had it?

I'm kind of stuck to this thread..haha I like seeing how things are handled on both ends. And what were the options, how long, etc...

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anyone watch last weeks Orville episode about trial and adjudication through
    social media?
    Kinda relates here.

That show is great, asking all the right questions. I've seen other people say this, but Orville is more Star Trek than Star Trek is.

#127 2 years ago

And I thought pinballers were NOT uptight people.

#128 2 years ago

"Good luck with that"
    Wow...thats says it all right there. As a business owner I cannot fathom how that is acceptable behaviour from an employee.
    Hasstlecastle says he has been working hard for years to change the company image?

#129 2 years ago

I've dealt with FUN a couple times in the past and they've always been great. This thread won't detour me from buying again... these threads never tell the whole story. Both sides had fault... move on to the next soap opera people, JEEZ!

#130 2 years ago

Something that nobody has mentioned yet...it sounds like Stern shipped the wrong machine to begin with, but they stepped up and tried to make things right. And when FUN dropped the ball, Stern stepped up again to try and help the customer. Nice to see Stern trying to do the right thing in this case.

#131 2 years ago

I live out of state and I have had several dealings with Fun! with zero issues. I have made some very good trades and some very good purchases that I felt were beneficial more to me. I have always been treated fairly and have had zero problems.

Furthermore, everyone needs to also remember he works for Fun! He doesn't own the business. I know Craig personally, and I've known him since before he worked at Fun!. Let me tell you, he's one of the most honest and reliable people I know. He's a straight shooter and won't 'tell you what you want to hear'.

If he says the check is in the mail, it's in the mail.

The postal service isn't bankrupt for no reason.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Something that nobody has mentioned yet...it sounds like Stern shipped the wrong machine to begin with, but they stepped up and tried to make things right. And when FUN dropped the ball, Stern stepped up again to try and help the customer. Nice to see Stern trying to do the right thing in this case.

I could not of asked for anything more from stern, they have done everything they could for me

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I live out of state and I have had several dealings with Fun! with zero issues. I have made some very good trades and some very good purchases that I felt were beneficial more to me. I have always been treated fairly and have had zero problems.
    Furthermore, everyone needs to also remember he works for Fun! He doesn't own the business. I know Craig personally, and I've known him since before he worked at Fun!. Let me tell you, he's one of the most honest and reliable people I know. He's a straight shooter and won't 'tell you what you want to hear'.
    If he says the check is in the mail, it's in the mail.

But was it in the mail on the 17th or the 20th? Both of those statements can't possibly be true.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

They're also not bankrupt because they fail to deliver first class mail reliably.

#135 2 years ago

The "good luck with that" statement is slightly out of context. What was said immediately before that?

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

The "good luck with that" statement is slightly out of context. What was said immediately before that?

Unless the preceding statement was "I just bought a PowerBall ticket," "Good luck with that" is probably something a vendor should never say to a customer ...

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

"I can beat Mike Tyson in the first round."

Mike Tyson Punch-Out (resized).jpg

^----- It was the 3rd round

#138 2 years ago

What a FUN thread to read while eating lunch. Very enjoyable thread!

#139 2 years ago

Mailed date should be on the stamp right?
    17th, 20th or yesturday? Is this actually slander? I dont have any legal training/experience.

Also, to whoever asked. A low number does not mean the order it was produced. There are two sets of serial numbers for builds, the ones on standard line production simply arent issued a number requested early in pre order status.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

They're also not bankrupt because they fail to deliver first class mail reliably.

Not to get off topic, but the actual USPS has little fault in why they have been struggling. They are forced into a "business model" that simply isn't feasible, inlcuding: 30,000 retail locations (an absurd number), delivery six days a week (seven for packages), and being forced to handle First Class mail without the ability to raise prices beyond consumer inflation. There is zero competition for First Class mail for a reason. If the free market could turn a profit providing that service it would already exist.

EDIT: Congress needs to allow the USPS to adapt to an age where individuals have the ability to send and receive information digitally. There is no longer a demand to justify there pre-digital infrastructure.

#141 2 years ago

parks-and-recreation___would_wish_you_luck (resized).jpg

#142 2 years ago

I've never purchased a NIB. What is the normal expectation for delivery? Based on what has been shared the buyer paid no sooner then July 12. The buyer canceled no later then August 16. Is a month a realistic period to wait before requesting a refund? It sounds like the delay was at no fault of the seller, up until this point, I don't really know what else the seller could have done. It seems they were screwed out of a sale by a mistake by the manufacturer. Now, I'm not saying the seller is without fault. They seem to have majorly botched the refund. First, they didn't agree to a refund for nearly a month. Second, it took them a month from agreeing to a refund to sending a check. Third, the buyer still has not received the, supposedly, mailed check after another half of a month. Way to long for each action.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Ok...This makes a little more sense then. So...If ordered and paid extra for that number(which I understand why someone would do that) and the seller or the company told me "just change plates"? That would be such a let down to me to know that either of them wasn't exactly honest. I would have been done at that point. "give me my money back right now!!!!!"
    Did I understand something wrong here? What am I missing?

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and when they are doing special editions (like the Panther Pink Challenger) they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. probably the same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

#144 2 years ago

Top score of 3 games of Star Wars LE should keep the game and money!

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

It was another email from another day above that, it was not out of context if you look at the date and times of the emails it was the exact response for my request of refund

IMG_2553 (resized).PNG

IMG_2554 (resized).PNG

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

Ok, I'm starting to understand that. And I think it's just a thing in any hobby to want the lower serial number, cars,guns,watches,etc... And some people will pay a premium for those low numbers. Whether I think it's absurd or not doesn't really matter.

How is the Idea of the low number presented? If this is pushed as an extra cost? Then why would anyone blame the op for not just switching numbers? They wouldn't get the premium if everyone understood that, So, I'm betting it's not a good practice to admit that, or to offer a guy a plate switch when he paid a premium to get it. That proves to him that his extra cost was a "scam" in a way, he loses trust, and bails! I get that too!

Here I have a low serial number Patek.....Hang on..... let me stamp or scratch some lower numbers in it for ya to increase the amount of sale!

It's a sales Gimmick, I get that now. But if your going to use the gimmick? You have to follow the "rules". If all that makes any sense at all.

Can I call up Stern and say..."ya, Uh.....send me plate number XXX for such and such game, I'll give you a hundred bucks, and I'll just put it on my game."?

Not that any of it matters, I see the OP's view and maybe disgust on that. Whether I feel the idea is crazy or not.

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I've never purchased a NIB. What is the normal expectation for delivery? Based on what has been shared the buyer paid no sooner then July 12. The buyer canceled no later then August 16. Is a month a realistic period to wait before requesting a refund? It sounds like the delay was at no fault of the seller, up until this point, I don't really know what else the seller could have done. It seems they were screwed out of a sale by a mistake by the manufacturer. Now, I'm not saying the seller is without fault. They seem to have majorly botched the refund. First, they didn't agree to a refund for nearly a month. Second, it took them a month from agreeing to a refund to sending a check. Third, the buyer still has not received the, supposedly, mailed check after another half of a month. Way to long for each action.

I sent the deposit on june 12, the games were not ready to ship on july 12th stern did not tell him that, he made that up to get the remaining balance. The games were not ready to ship until the second week of august

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

what you're missing is only idiots believe a plate saying "#XX of YYYY" actually means anything in terms of the order it was produced in, and that's true in any industry, including automobiles. i know a guy at a Chrysler plant and they have a bin of plaques with numbers on them and the worker just grabs a random one and slaps it on. same in pinball. the plaque means nothing and it's absurd that people delude themselves into believing otherwise.

It might not be the case now, but it was the case when they made transformer le as the serial number on those games did match the le # and the order they were produced

#149 2 years ago

Sometime in that month though they sent a payment to Stern and a game was shipped, correct? I'm assuming at that time they contacted you and offered resolutions. Also, what was your email on August 16th?

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Ok, I'm starting to understand that. And I think it's just a thing in any hobby to want the lower serial number, cars,guns,watches,etc... And some people will pay a premium for those low numbers. Whether I think it's absurd or not doesn't really matter.
    How is the Idea of the low number presented? If this is pushed as an extra cost? Then why would anyone blame the op for not just switching numbers? They wouldn't get the premium if everyone understood that, So, I'm betting it's not a good practice to admit that, or to offer a guy a plate switch when he paid a premium to get it. That proves to him that his extra cost was a "scam" in a way, he loses trust, and bails! I get that too!
    It's a sales Gimmick, I get that now. But if your going to use the gimmick? You have to follow the "rules". If all that makes any sense at all.

Exactly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 27.95
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.40
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 248.85
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside