Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png
    IMG_3762 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    870459095b72f899cec23102d7e6716c (resized).jpg
    The-check-is-in-the-mail- (resized).jpg
    20171103_210831 (resized).jpg
    morning-coffee-40-photos-15 (resized).jpg
    images-22 (resized).jpg
    watermelon_bike_helmet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-12-54-45_preview (resized).png
    IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
    DSM (resized).jpg
    you-said-the-teitg5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2562 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2561 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2557 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 6 years ago
    What is your wife reading over your shoulder....?... ..............Joey

#452 6 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

only Women lie....!!!...............Joey

Wow....note to self....never take anything you say seriously ever again.

Scumbag!

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoppyCock:

lol, right! lol, that so f'n funny!

It takes guts to admit your wrongs...I would respect the man again if he came clean...........Joey

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Wow that’s crazy funny! Go hard Crazy Levi!
    rd

Did you like the part where I trip over the monitor?

#455 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Wow....note to self....never take anything you say seriously ever again.
    Scumbag!

Get it right....I'm a doucebag...I've got two first names...........Joey

#456 6 years ago

Ok...I ruffled some feathers with that remark...I'd like to apologize to the people I offended...was just a poor attempt at humor...(very poor at that).............Joey

#457 6 years ago

Ok...I ruffled some feathers with that remark...I'd like to apologize to the people I offended...was just a poor attempt at humor...(very poor at that).............Joey

You didn't offend me at all. I just thought you stepped in it by writing that. And the longer I've been married to my amazing wife, the more I appreciate how incredible women are. She works when she has pneumonia, duct tapes deep cuts, raised five kids, and is the greatest grandmother anyone could ask for. And neither of us lie to each other. I curl up in a fetal position when I have a bad cold.

My ex-girlfriends, on the other hand, were all cheating whores who lied on a daily basis. So I see where you're coming from. But with age comes knowledge, and I now know that they weren't the norm, just vile aberrations of the gender.

It's all good with me, buddy...

#458 6 years ago

Me and my best friend 20 yrs strong..(married 14)...this box is too small to tell you how wonderful she is...she just road tripped 14 hrs with me to Michigan to get a Bad Cats...we had soo much fun together..........carry on...I hope Frax can one day take me serious again... ...............Joey

IMG_3762 (resized).JPGIMG_3762 (resized).JPG

#459 6 years ago

1. Hey Ruth - hit the bricks because guess what?.......you're fired.
    2. Whether wow! Sent the check or not, you clearly jerked this guy around. There's not a chance in hell I'd ever buy from you right now. 9 grand is a lot of money. It's real easy to give the OP crap until it's your 9 grand someday and somebody says to you "good luck with that"!
    3. Hasselcastle, I don't even know why your on this thread. The owner of the company should be talking or nobody at all.
    You're feedback has no value. You weren't even directly involved in this clusterf$ck to begin with. You sound like a nice guy but coming back to defend yourself and saying the word "haters" just makes it worse.

I'm not a "hater". It's business. When you jerk a man around for 9k, why in the hell would I ever work with you. Your company clearly has no problem delaying a refund. The only reason this guy is getting his refund is because the OP mad a spectacle of your business practices on Pinside IMO.

Cheers to Pinside. I hope Wow! Tries to create some good will instead of sour grapes with the pinball community going forward.

#460 6 years ago

Me and my best friend 20 yrs strong..(married 14)...this box is too small to tell you how wonderful she is...she just road tripped 14 hrs with me to Michigan to get a Bad Cats...we had soo much fun together..........carry on...I hope Frax can one day take me serious again... ...............Joey

Ya My wife is amazing too! I don't know how she does it!!! Get this! She can down two bags of chips, a gallon of ice cream, flush it down with a 2 liter, and smoke 3 packs of smokes all in the same day!!!!! Amazing at sitting on the couch and watching the TV so no one steals them!!! Can't cook, can't clean. But is an awesome couch and TV security system!

Of course I'm making the above up......... she only smokes a pack a day!

She is actually my best friend and we have been through a lot together. Just like most of us knew all of them aren't liars......And got your joke in a sick way. And yes! I'm joking on all of the above!

#461 6 years ago

Nevermind...not worth it
    But out of line and inappropriate .

#462 6 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Nevermind...not worth it
    But out of line and inappropriate .

Hmmm....Avatar checks out

#463 6 years ago

@allpinball, how likely is it that you would recommend FUN! Billiards to a friend or colleague on a scale of 0 to 10?

Where 0 means ‘Not at All’ and 10 means ‘Would Definitely Recommend’.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Guys,
    I just want to follow up as I've been reading this thread from the beginning.The smartest thing I could have done once he posted
    was to contact him privately, immediately. However I took the post personally and I didn't and it just went downhill from there.
    I feel like there is nothing I can say to save face right now. But I can assure you that we are taking care of allpinball
    and he will be receiving his refund as promised. Was it handled poorly, yes it was. Although I don't mean
    to pass the buck...the majority of this transaction was out of my control. But I plan to change that moving forward and look at
    this as a lesson learned that we can be improved upon.
    I just spent the better part of the last hour talking on the phone with OP and I believe we have cleared the air...or
    at least I hope so.
    I never meant for this to happen like this and there were some details he had told me to which even I wasn't aware of.
    The majority of this transaction has been between OP and our owner and I'm going to be more involved for the
    duration of this transaction through its completion. Needless to say, I have made my apology to him. A check was
    originally mailed on October 20th and I stand behind that, but I agree it simply seems to be lost in the mail at this time. I'm
    sure it will either show up at allpinball's mailbox or returned to ours sooner than later. However I have assured
    him that when I return to work on Monday a stop payment is going to be made and we will be expediting his refund
    and I will personally e-mail him the TRACKING number!
    I appreciate those that we have done business with and we continue to do so. Our customers are our life blood and we do
    value everyone of you. Situations like this are not good, but they are building
    blocks to learn from and how to handle difficult situations like this in the future.
    Bottom line, I'd like to publicly apologize to allpinball and hope we can put this in the past. Hopefully we can move forward and
    in someway over time I can gain the respect back of the pinside community.

Tomorrow we will settle up with him....again.
    It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quit visiting this site for this very reason.
    These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've burned FUN to the ground. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?
    In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it. I simply stated sending it with tracking number in my post to imply...that was our stupid mistake for not doing so in the first time.
    Truth be told ...many of the pinside community likes to think pinside is much bigger than it actually is. Our business has succeeded without Pinside and will continue to do so. Honestly if you were to go to an NFL game today and announce over the broadcast microphone "show of hands, who here is on Pinside?" I think 99.9 percent of the people in the stadium would look at each other and say...."what is that?"
    We issue game deposits, refunds, parts replacements and do service calls all the time with no issue. I've returned two people's game deposits this week within hours of them requesting them and they had nothing to do with Pinside. No questions asked. This situation was very difficult and different and as much as every stands up for the other guys I would really like to see how they would have handled this difficult situation. There are still more facts to this story to which I can't post publicly that are truly not the public's business but that of the parties involved. I do not pass the buck that we were at most at fault but finger pointing could be done to all parties involved.
    Needless to say. Life goes on. OP will be refunded as promised.

This is coming from a potential customer as I frequent the Dallas area a lot for business travel and have come by the store before. I'm at a loss for what exactly you're trying to accomplish at this point. I was happy to see a resolution come of this, but because you received 4 downvotes to an apology this all the sudden means you go from wanting to "gain the respect back from the pinside community" to "this forum has became a festering hive of hatred."

I get that pride in one's business leads to things being taken personally and it seems that you generally dislike this community based on your post, but man, nothing will ever beat staying professional and leaving that type of digital footprint behind for your business. Regardless of how small the customer base is. Best of luck in the future.

#465 6 years ago

Would not buy from FUN after all this crap, still no refund.

#466 6 years ago

hassellcastle , your actions will make FUN fail.

I will never forgot you making this post when someone asked if you could take some pictures of the new AC/DC Prem Vault but you wouldn't because they weren't purchasing the game from you. I would never do business with a company when the Sales Manager themselves is a troll on here making a dumb post with 22 downvotes (i forgot to downvote it, make that 23!)

hmmm, I guess I would have went to the effort if you were buying from me .....but

#467 6 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

"this forum has became a festering hive of hatred."

I'm not sure anyone can argue otherwise, existence of this thread or otherwise. Pinside is, and has been for a while, a place where divergent opinions aren't welcome. It's not moderation, it's the community. Most other businesses also stay off Pinside, for good reason....there's very little good that can come of posting in a venue where you don't control the conversation, much less in the middle of Groupthink Central. Dude tried to explain the situation, and I can understand that feeling, but posting here more often than not has become a game of russian roulette...

"Will I get lynched today? Who knows! Let's find out..."

Doesn't matter so much as an individual, but when you're trying to do business, and take care of a complicated issue, IMO best thing to do is let them vent, and DON'T PARTICIPATE. l spent two weeks off Pinside recently, was one of the best things I've ever done. I'll be forced back into that situation very soon and I don't feel bad about it at all.....my blood pressure will probably drop 30 points not having to tiptoe around everything on this board.

#469 6 years ago

Tomorrow we will settle up with him....again.
    It's funny no matter what I say the haters, trolls of pinside find someway to keep the thread going and would love nothing more than to see our company fail. This forum has became a festering hive of hatred and it's only gotten worse over the years. There are many good pinball people I know that have personally quit visiting this site for this very reason.
    These one's I speak of...have no skin in the game but feel like it is their due diligence to make me continue to feel like an idiot. My apology above was sincere and was the truth...but I still received several thumbs down. Really? There is no pleasing these trolls that are not happy until they've burned FUN to the ground. I have lost sleep over this the last several nights. Are you happy?
    In regards to the refund. We are going to have a meeting tomorrow morning to discuss how to refund OP. We very well may wire him the money as we have the same bank as OP and quite honestly in my opinion this is probably the best way to go since it will guarantee he will receive it. I simply stated sending it with tracking number in my post to imply...that was our stupid mistake for not doing so in the first time.
    Truth be told ...many of the pinside community likes to think pinside is much bigger than it actually is. Our business has succeeded without Pinside and will continue to do so. Honestly if you were to go to an NFL game today and announce over the broadcast microphone "show of hands, who here is on Pinside?" I think 99.9 percent of the people in the stadium would look at each other and say...."what is that?"
    We issue game deposits, refunds, parts replacements and do service calls all the time with no issue. I've returned two people's game deposits this week within hours of them requesting them and they had nothing to do with Pinside. No questions asked. This situation was very difficult and different and as much as every stands up for the other guys I would really like to see how they would have handled this difficult situation. There are still more facts to this story to which I can't post publicly that are truly not the public's business but that of the parties involved. I do not pass the buck that we were at most at fault but finger pointing could be done to all parties involved.
    Needless to say. Life goes on. OP will be refunded as promised.

Well you just proved once again that you just don’t get it. You and Ruth have not done FUN any favors in this situation for sure and if I was the owner I would shut you guys down immediately from speaking on this matter. Ruth should be fired plain and simple no questions asked, and I would have a seriously long talk with you also. You should just let it go and say no more because you are damaging FUNS reputation more and more everytime you speak.

#470 6 years ago

PhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1509924441627 (resized).png

#471 6 years ago

Liars are going to lie and haters are going to hate , i see no problem with this.

#472 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm not sure anyone can argue otherwise, existence of this thread or otherwise. Pinside is, and has been for a while, a place where divergent opinions aren't welcome. It's not moderation, it's the community. Most other businesses also stay off Pinside, for good reason....there's very little good that can come of posting in a venue where you don't control the conversation, much less in the middle of Groupthink Central. Dude tried to explain the situation, and I can understand that feeling, but posting here more often than not has become a game of russian roulette...
    "Will I get lynched today? Who knows! Let's find out..."
    Doesn't matter so much as an individual, but when you're trying to do business, and take care of a complicated issue, IMO best thing to do is let them vent, and DON'T PARTICIPATE. l spent two weeks off Pinside recently, was one of the best things I've ever done. I'll be forced back into that situation very soon and I don't feel bad about it at all.....my blood pressure will probably drop 30 points not having to tiptoe around everything on this board.

Oh I don't think Pinside holds a monopoly.....it's everywhere.

#473 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

l spent two weeks off Pinside recently, was one of the best things I've ever done. I'll be forced back into that situation very soon and I don't feel bad about it at all.....my blood pressure will probably drop 30 points not having to tiptoe around everything on this board.

Sounds like it’s time to lighten up a little bit - it’s only a message board after all. A few thumbs up or down don’t mean anything. If you’re not having fun, what’s the point?

#474 6 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

So where is Ruth working now ????

Why the downvotes for this? This guy ask for a refund because this company screwed him and the lady told him “Good luck with that” in a really sh*tty way. If she was my employee she would absolutely be working somewhere else right now. That or she’d be sitting at home unemployed!

#475 6 years ago

Pinside is not small, social media is not small, the pinball community is small and since pinside is indexed by google, good luck FUN in pretending this thread and others will not harm you.

#476 6 years ago

Both sides have had their say. Time to close this thread.

If anyone wishes to follow the conclusion of this story, please reach out to the OP via PM.

Thanks

Pinside Staff

#477 6 years ago
    Quoted from allpinball:

Here is what I hope to be the last and final thing I have to post on this subject. On sunday hassellcastle sent me a pm asking me to send him my bank info and they would wire me my refund on monday. I sent him the bank info as requested this morning, he than asked me to sign agreement about not cashing the lost check that they were stopping payment on, I again did what he asked of me. I am now told on advise of their bank they should wait until thursday to wire me the refund. Hopefully I receive the money on thursday now and will be done with this ordeal. I would like to thank everyone on pinside as I dont think I would have gotten this far without your help.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-fun-billiards/page/10?hl=joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.