Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

original.JPG
    lost+zuul+poster.jpg
    zuul.jpg
    zuul-gatekeeper-of-gozar.jpg
    pat.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marko4194:

I hate to jump in...and let me state I have never bought anything from Dana/Steven/whoever.
    I did however email on the CP. I was NEVER once told the pin had problems...I found that out through others. I was also offered CP for several prices...$3300 being his absolute lowest. Again, my problem here was the deceitful attempt to sell a pin he was fully aware had problems and never mentioned them.
    My take from that alone is he is not honest or trustworthy. It is not hard to be upfront with people, but once you lie to one person, you have to continue to lie to others. This snowball has obviously rolled out of control and he has pretty much black flagged himself.
    I think he might have forgotten how many of us browse CraigsList...and the pinball community seems to work together...thank you to all of the honest collectors, buyers and sellers who make this hobby so much fun! Let's continue to share stories and experiences so we know how to tell the bull from the bull....

I stand corrected! The original post did say the pin was 99% complete and needed a few small parts. However, I do not consider a pin with a bad transformer, missing coin door interface board and some coil brackets to be 99%. It was pointed out to me that I did know it needed some small parts, so I apologize for that. I guess to me 99% might be missing a star post or a couple plastics...I'll have to remember that 99% also includes a pin that will not power up...

#52 10 years ago

Digital photos are free. When your asking a few grand for a pin there should be no reason someone can't take atleast 12+ good photos. I prefer to post more so there are no surprises.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Digital photos are free. When your asking a few grand for a pin there should be no reason someone can't take atleast 12+ good photos. I prefer to post more so there are no surprises.

Thats because you sound like someone who would be good to buy a machine from. Unlike the person mentioned in this thread. A person who I would stay away from.

#55 10 years ago

Anyone notice that when ever a less than reputable person comes on here as soon as they get called out they stop posting and disappear. It's good to know that the people here are united and don't let the bad apples rot in the barrel.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicegirl672:

Number one no body knows me or my life I had a nice Champion Pub and it was described to the buyer as is when sold I did have a tec come look at the game and what I was told I told the buyer. I feel that it is wrong to post false accusations about some one. but every one can do as they please. The game is gone that's that. I do not know much about pinball and yes I sell from time to time when one comes around. Lets not bad mouth I think its very kid dish. All have a good night.

I love when scammers get called out. They want to keep the account so they try and write something to redeem themselves. But it usually just turns in to something that is just painful to read. He has probably already created a new account.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I love when scammers get called out. They want to keep the account so they try and write something to redeem themselves. But it usually just turns in to something that is just painful to read. He has probably already created a new account.

It's funny - but usually you can spot them as they post in broken english without awareness of of proper punctuation.

#58 10 years ago

Bacon

#59 10 years ago

nicegirl673 / frank just contacted me...should i be worried?

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's funny - but usually you can spot them as they post in broken english without awareness of of proper punctuation.

did you do do do that on porpoise?

#61 10 years ago

Well there are males named Dana.

I do have a nice GED home study course I'll gladly trade you for your Fish Tales. Just a few light scratches on the box, appears complete.

#62 10 years ago

<quote>
    is 99% complete he had a tec look at it to finish it up would be around $500 if that. playfield looks perfect no wear at all has all new boards cabinet look beautiful has original owners manual will it to
    </quote>

IMHO this is a big red flag as well. He has a "tec" and yet the game has all new boards in it. I my experience (not just arcade games), when anyone starts replacing "everything" they do not have a clue what they are doing and as a result the item is a complete mess at this point in time and they are just trying to recoup all the money they dumped into it (and even pad it some) or they are lying about it and just trying to sucker an inexperienced buyer in.

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

There is no Dana, only Zuul.

LOL LOL!! Excellent!

#65 10 years ago

Hey guys, I have a HUO Big Bang Bar for sale. I don't know much about pinball, but i buy hundreds of them and sell them from time to time and and I had my boyfriend type this in as I dictated to him because I'm computer illiterate, but the machine had a tec look at it, and he said it was super great and played really goodish. Because I want to be super cereal here, truthishly, I will tell you that this is the best BBB you will ever see. Price is $5000. I feel that is wrong to post negative hurty things about me. Thanks.

-Zuul
    original.JPGoriginal.JPG

lost+zuul+poster.jpglost+zuul+poster.jpg

Post edited by thedefog : Posted Gozer by mistake!

#66 10 years ago

Come on dude... that pic is Gozer, not Zuul.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Come on dude... that pic is Gozer, not Zuul.

Doh!

Will edit...

7 months later
    #69 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicegirl672:

Number one no body knows me or my life

Sorry to Zombie this thread but I wanted to provide some insight. I know him and his life. His name is Dana Steven Romsey. He's a registered sex offender. If you type his name in google you'll see a picture of him registered in Georgia and Maine.

Georgia:
    homefacts.com/offender-detail/GA840509HB9/Dana-Steven-Romsey.html

Maine:
    sor.informe.org/cgi-bin/sor/step3.pl?id=8830&search=2&city=MONROE&limiter=

He has two facebook profiles:
    facebook.com/dana.romsey?ref=fs
    facebook.com/danachip.romsey

He's named after his adoptive father (so he's actually a JR) but he dropped the man entirely once he found out it wasn't his real dad even though that man raised him alone after the parents divorced. He also has OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). He's probably the most evil and sadistic person I've ever met.

I wouldn't go near him let alone buy anything from him but if you do, and you get scammed now you know how to find him.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicegirl672:

Number one no body knows me or my life.

HEY DANA, how's the child you sexually abused?

Quoted from kickflip:

Georgia:
    homefacts.com/offender-detail/GA840509HB9/Dana-Steven-Romsey.html
    Maine:
    sor.informe.org/cgi-bin/sor/step3.pl?id=8830&search=2&city=MONROE&limiter=
    He has two facebook profiles:
    facebook.com/dana.romsey?ref=fs
    facebook.com/danachip.romsey

#71 9 years ago

If you read the latest conviction date (18 November 2013) it happened just after this thread was created. Karma.

#72 9 years ago

I have dealt with this guy. When I see him he is getting a nice nut punch! And I'm one who doesn't typically get mad.

#73 9 years ago

Hey brothers in arms! Death or castration to sex offenders. Don't know this poor excuse for a human, but please do NOT confuse him with the older gentleman (not a knock, just he is way older than mid 30's) named Dana in Lincoln, NE. Just bought a Jumping Jack pin from him last week and he is a great dude- has a great rep here locally. Don't know his last name, and this thread caught my eye just because how many Dana's are out there. Figured I'd better post so no one thinks scumbag just changed his locale- "Lincoln" Dana is a ok, and I have seen him place ads on Mr Pinball. And his telephone number is obviously local to Lincoln.

#74 9 years ago

The Dana in question has lived in Massachusetts, New York, Maine, and Georgia. There's pictures of him on those SO websites. He's short, 36 years old. Italian, I think. Has somewhat of a thugist boston accent. Had his nose broken so it kicks to one side. Bunch of tattoos as well. His AKAs are "Chip" "Dana" and "Steve" or variants of the same. He also talks like an idiot and screws up common sayings like Archie Bunker.

#75 9 years ago

I understand the importance of this issue to you and your community. But Pinside is not the place for this topic.
    Thread closed.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-dana-romsey/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.