(Topic ID: 276080)

Buyer beware baller88

By hockeymutt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B8C0E24F-F0C0-4350-98BB-3D37912A07EA (resized).jpeg
    57578E8C-D755-4F13-BB28-279634FA4E4E (resized).jpeg
    EB8D432C-E63B-44ED-B004-CF50DE1FC643 (resized).jpeg
    AB145CB1-7D64-4E0F-A164-770326A602EC (resized).jpeg
    173D7CC1-0426-4D4C-944E-3DF0469FA88D (resized).jpeg
    CE53D200-5533-46BD-AFBF-DA17358B19A2 (resized).jpeg
    283D2ADC-5B0D-4E76-82AC-E4C874E68ACC (resized).jpeg
    CA10440C-4A8A-425B-8F00-FBC32BA4EE51 (resized).jpeg
    tphil (resized).jpg
    5AD7BAD3-C67A-41C2-9B4C-59F217357B50 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    88 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I did not lay all the blame at the OP's feet, if you'd read my post I said both are at fault. To simply say the seller is totally at fault is way to easy both failed in due diligence with this deal, to not recognize that is just being purposely obtuse.

Yes but pretty much every person in this thread that has come to back Baller42069 clearly states that
    •he has good deals
    •things are priced to reflect condition
    •his communication skills are dogshit

Since this person has such a clear reputation of this (lest we forget the Comet+Beef Combo Listing), it should be assumed that any buyer from this person needs to do their due diligence. I'm not here to back Baller666 at all, but if you can't handle the sticky business that is buying and selling in this hobby from people with wildly different skills and reputations, go collect stamps or something.

Think about how this thread would have panned out if thing went like this:

Title: Buyer Beware: Baller88

Body Summary: Baller88's communication skills are subpar and the game I picked up sight unseen didn't exactly match the description. I'm not mad as I could have done more to prevent this, but just be sure to do a little more research before you shell out money/trade. Flip on!

I don't think 100% of the blame needs to go on HockeyMuff for how the deal went down, but 1000% of the blame for creating a dumpster fire thread that shows nothing but immaturity and inability to take responsibility is on him for sure.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Wait, what have I missed, comet with ground beef?
    I once bought a Stern Big Game from him four years ago, and inside the cabinet was a huge pack of hot dogs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-comet-33

He deleted the photos but it was the most bizarre pinside listing of all time. There were a few bizarre blurry photos of Comet, then 5 pictures of a few 20lbs bags of ground beef, a screenshot of a mysterious text with some sort of wifi/account password, and a picture of like a doctor's office or something. It was unreal.

2 weeks later
    #271 3 years ago

Honestly I find every "shop out" thread pretty informative and interesting.

Now how about chaining that thread title

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radial_head.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-?tu=radial_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.