(Topic ID: 276080)

Buyer beware baller88

By hockeymutt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B8C0E24F-F0C0-4350-98BB-3D37912A07EA (resized).jpeg
    57578E8C-D755-4F13-BB28-279634FA4E4E (resized).jpeg
    EB8D432C-E63B-44ED-B004-CF50DE1FC643 (resized).jpeg
    AB145CB1-7D64-4E0F-A164-770326A602EC (resized).jpeg
    173D7CC1-0426-4D4C-944E-3DF0469FA88D (resized).jpeg
    CE53D200-5533-46BD-AFBF-DA17358B19A2 (resized).jpeg
    283D2ADC-5B0D-4E76-82AC-E4C874E68ACC (resized).jpeg
    CA10440C-4A8A-425B-8F00-FBC32BA4EE51 (resized).jpeg
    tphil (resized).jpg
    5AD7BAD3-C67A-41C2-9B4C-59F217357B50 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    88 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#44 3 years ago

I don't know either party here, but I've read both threads.

The text message photos you posted make clear that you knew you were buying a non-working game- a project- and now you're mad that you ended up with a project. It may have ended up being more project than you thought you were going to be taking on, but he says in the text message that all he had tried was swapping out the power supply.

Did the seller send pictures of the boards? Did you *ASK* for pictures of the boards?

To me, it looks like you negotiated your way into a lop sided trade, and now you're unhappy about it.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

From what I read, seller said the game was working and he had played it???
    I dont see any way this was working?

Quoted from elcolonel:

How on earth did you read those texts and say they made clear that it was a non working game? I have no dog in the fight here, but I read, almost the opposite. Project YES, because any game that needs something is a project to various degrees, but unless I cannot process words these exchanges say the seller played the game and that the computer needed to be put back in the game.

Hockeymutt wrote: Rob described this as just needing the cpu hooked back up and that it had a “cheesy” lcd (His words not mine). I said that as long as the cpu works and doesn’t look like it sat at the bottom of a lake I’m fine with it.

Hockeymutt also wrote: Get that sorted, hook up the pc to the machine and half the solenoids won’t fire and machine keeps rebooting.

So the game DID boot. Had issues, and was rebooting itself. In the text message Baller says that the game was working from an external computer. Notes that the game has what he thinks is the original computer inside. He does NOT say "just needs the CPU hooked back up". Says "If you know how to **FIX** these, it's probably nothing for you."

Translation: The game boots and flips from an external computer. The original computer isn't working. May or may not be an easy fix.

I've bought plenty of games where I get to someone's house, turn on the game, make sure it boots and flips, and I'm loaded up and back in the car within 10 minutes. Hockeymutt got a game that boots (and reboots) and flips. It's got some other issues that Baller may or may not have been aware of, but I'm not ready to get out the tar and feathers, because he *did* disclose that the game had issues.

The board corrosion is a failure of Hockeymutt to do his due diligence in assessing the condition of the boards. Unless he can demonstrate that he asked for pictures that he didn't receive, or pictures that were intentionally deceitful or false, that one is on him.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

You re reading what you want to, he’s a con artist and wrote it like that to try and weasel a loop hole out of this. I even said yes I’m fine with hooking up the computer as long as it works. He said he replaced the power supply, but why replace a power supply on a working cpu that was working. He responded with it did, also there is no way he played a full game on this start to finish even with a new computer I couldn’t start a game, game. couldn’t find a ball, coin door switch opened regardless of switch position l.

You're either withholding information, or you're the one reading what you want to...

Please show us where he said that the computer that was in the game was working. He says it needs to be fixed, but doesn't know anything about computers.

Regarding the power supply... was he referring to the power supply in the game, or the power supply for the computer? It's not clear (and I don't have an RFM... I'm assuming there are two power supplies).

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Computer and it’s a screen shot on the first page, either way my issue isn’t with the cpu it’s driver board

So I'll again ask the question you didn't respond to before.

Did you ask for pictures of the boards? Did he refuse to provide those? Were they blurry, or from a different game? Did you fail to examine them carefully?

#69 3 years ago

Yeah, so you didn't ask for pictures of the boards. That's what I thought.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Ok I get it, but if you were buying something and they say it's good, and it's not good, they have to bare some of the blame. Lemon laws exist for a reason.

As I cited before-- Baller notes that the game wasn't working without being connected to an external computer, and needed repair of the internal computer that came with the game. At that point, the buyer should assume the game is a project. Without being able to boot the game from the internal computer, how else is the seller supposed to be able to assess what might be wrong?

OP bought a project thinking it would be an easy fix, and it ended up being more difficult and expensive to repair than he expected. This isn't a whole lot different than people who buy those "probably just needs a fuse" games on Craigslist. If it *just* needed a fuse, why didn't the seller replace it and charge more for the game? In any purchase, other than a NIB, it's caveat emptor... and the buyer here failed to do his due diligence.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

But hey as long as he pays his fees all is ok on pinside. Seems like the theme is they get payed and turn the other way. Even tho they host a way for this guy to broker tax free deals for a business. He should also have to listed as a business here and held to the same standards and yearly fee. Hell just keep being allowed to circumvent the system till another person like myself gets for a lack of. Better word “robbed”

Wow. So now it’s Pinside’s fault? You’ll blame anyone other than yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.