(Topic ID: 276080)

Buyer beware baller88

By hockeymutt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B8C0E24F-F0C0-4350-98BB-3D37912A07EA (resized).jpeg
    57578E8C-D755-4F13-BB28-279634FA4E4E (resized).jpeg
    EB8D432C-E63B-44ED-B004-CF50DE1FC643 (resized).jpeg
    AB145CB1-7D64-4E0F-A164-770326A602EC (resized).jpeg
    173D7CC1-0426-4D4C-944E-3DF0469FA88D (resized).jpeg
    CE53D200-5533-46BD-AFBF-DA17358B19A2 (resized).jpeg
    283D2ADC-5B0D-4E76-82AC-E4C874E68ACC (resized).jpeg
    CA10440C-4A8A-425B-8F00-FBC32BA4EE51 (resized).jpeg
    tphil (resized).jpg
    5AD7BAD3-C67A-41C2-9B4C-59F217357B50 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    88 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 3 years ago

After reading this entire thread, I don't want to deal with either of the parties. Ever.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Wow. So now it’s Pinside’s fault? You’ll blame anyone other than yourself.

Here we go again... no but pinside enables this guy in a way. No other Hobbyist website would let the same guy have 4 accounts. Yet alone after deals gone bad, regardless of his corrective action. 90% of my trades have been from members here 99% great people. Once again I have taken part of the blame. But the main part of this thread was to warn unsuspected people.

Sounds like some need a lesson in ethics and character building, and judging by some of the rebuttals you guys have no problem with not disclosing things as it’s the “buyers responsibility”

#203 3 years ago

Hockeymutt. Post the game running and get that guy's board that offered it. That will teach em all.

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Hockeymutt. Post the game running and get that guy's board that offered it. That will teach em all.

Thanks working on that!

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

But hey as long as he pays his fees all is ok on pinside. Seems like the theme is they get payed and turn the other way. Even tho they host a way for this guy to broker tax free deals for a business. He should also have to listed as a business here and held to the same standards and yearly fee. Hell just keep being allowed to circumvent the system till another person like myself gets for a lack of. Better word “robbed” This time isnt my first hobby were trading and buying type of stuff. ( game used pro hockey equipment, car parts countless car parts, and not once have i had to change my username. The other crazy thing is on Facebook groups and these types of sites usually after the second time he burns ( most the time the first) someone, a swift boot is given. And ip is recorded

Stop complaining about other people not taking steps to protect the community from someone you had a bad experience with until you do your part by leaving feedback.

72876DF2-D310-4E00-8AF6-4C33EE2E074B (resized).jpeg72876DF2-D310-4E00-8AF6-4C33EE2E074B (resized).jpeg
    #206 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stop complaining about other people not taking steps to protect the community from someone you had a bad experience with until you do your part by leaving feedback.
    [quoted image]

I’ve been trying it won’t let me, not clue why

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’ve been trying it won’t let me, not clue why

Moderator feedback thread would probably be a good place to ask: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/moderator-feedback

Might mention the multiple accounts while you’re communicating with them.

#208 3 years ago

It gets better... who the f... soldered these caps. This is on the mother board ( not driver board) judging by this solder job this board never worked either.

E9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpegE9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpeg
    #209 3 years ago

Hmm, maybe they never wiped the flux off the board when they removed the old caps?

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, maybe they never wiped the flux off the board when they removed the old caps?

That’s elementary board repair 101.
    Also the mother board looks like it took a dip as well

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #211 3 years ago

Didn't you drain this thread three pages ago??

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Didn't you drain this thread three pages ago??

Yup but the comments keep on coming

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #213 3 years ago

So I'm guessing this was on the beach and this is some salt air corrosion?

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from slicknick13:

So I'm guessing this was on the beach and this is some salt air corrosion?

Must have been with a cocktail in its hand.

#215 3 years ago

Baller88 It's on fire!!

88 (resized).JPG88 (resized).JPG
    #216 3 years ago

Am I the only one that wants to see the board work and this game operational now? Turn the thread into a restore thread!

#217 3 years ago

Yes.. I want to see this game running. Vindication is best!

#218 3 years ago

I wonder if baller88 pays taxes on all his flips ..this is not a hobby for dude ..i get that snitches get stitches but I would be ripping off people if I was cheating the irs ..dude is a business owner not a hobbyist ..

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

I wonder if baller88 pays taxes on all his flips ..this is not a hobby for dude ..i get that snitches get stitches but I would be ripping off people if I was cheating the irs ..dude is a business owner not a hobbyist ..

Gtfoh. You’ve never sold machines before?

Fuck off.

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Gtfoh. You’ve never sold machines before?
    Fuck off.

I’ve never purposely misrepresented a game ..and I’ve never threatened a wounded vet ..karma is a bitch

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

I’ve never purposely misrepresented a game ..and I’ve never threatened a wounded vet ..karma is a bitch

And this relates to your idiotic tax post how?

#223 3 years ago

Because you said , you have never sold games before ..Why you victim shaming ..baller88 is a fraudster

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Because you said , you have never sold games before ..Why you victim shaming ..baller88 is a fraudster

You’ve sold many many games. Have you paid tax on them? No.

By your own words, you’re the “fraudster”

#225 3 years ago

Nah ..I’ve never made a profit ..most of the time a lose 50-100 a game ..this is not a profit center for me .. but thank you for your negatively ..you need to get laid

#226 3 years ago

If you want to discuss more pm me ..

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Nah ..I’ve never made a profit ..most of the time a lose 50-100 a game ..this is not a profit center for me ..

So now you’re a hypocrite AND a liar.

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No he is the Judge!

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

IMG_3359.JPG

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #230 3 years ago

Okay, children. I brought you all some Hi-C and cookies. Why don’t you have a treat and make up

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

anyone that knows spikelou, knows how completely off base you are on this...

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone that knows spikelou, knows how completely off base you are on this...

Quoted from spikelou2:

I’ve never made a profit ..most of the time a lose 50-100 a game

So he LOST money on all of these past sales of his?:

WCS 3000
    CV 7200
    DE JP 3600
    LAH 3500

I could go on but i am at work and i SHOULD be doing some.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

WCS 3000
    CV 7200
    DE JP 3600
    LAH 3500

You have no idea what he paid for them. I know a number of collectors who lose money on almost every game they own. I don't get it, but they happily do it.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You have no idea what he paid for them. I know a number of collectors who lose money on almost every game they own. I don't get it, but they happily do it.

So you honestly think he LOST money on selling a LAH at 3500 and a JP at 3600?

C'mon man. Just stop.

#235 3 years ago

Inclusion into the "Best Of Pinside Theads" thread complete!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-threads/page/7#post-5825094

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Nah ..I’ve never made a profit ..most of the time a lose 50-100 a game ..this is not a profit center for me .. but thank you for your negatively ..you need to get laid

I don't know if Blackbeard needs to get laid or not but I do know he needs a Grand Lizard Good luck in the search Blackbeard. At least I know he has good taste in pins because GL is an amazing game!!

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

So you honestly think he LOST money on selling a LAH at 3600?
    C'mon man. Just stop.

I think if you are going to play this game , you need to look at total sales over a year for tax purposes and not just one single game. So maybe someone made 100 bucks on one game and lost 200 on another. That is a net loss of 100 with no tax implications for the seller. You have no idea what he paid so you have no idea what the net is over a year. Experience says that the only games that show "profit" are B/W games held for a while for most of the collectors. Those games aside I bet. I am mostly negative on sales

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I think if you are going to play this game , you need to look at total sales over a year for tax purposes and not just one single game. So maybe someone made 100 bucks on one game and lost 200 on another. That is a net loss of 100 with no tax implications for the seller. You have no idea what he paid so you have no idea what the net is over a year. Experience says that the only games that show "profit" are B/W games held for a while for most of the collectors. Those games aside I bet. I am mostly negative on sales

You're missing the point.

Lou came on here and bashed baller for NOT paying taxes on his sales. Clearly he has some old beef w the baller.

I chimed in that it's pretty hypocritical of Lou to say he should pay taxes when in fact, Lou ALSO sells games. Lou then defends it, saying he has no taxable gains, which i then called bullshit on.

Love pinside.

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I don't know if Blackbeard needs to get laid or not but I do know he needs a Grand Lizard Good luck in the search Blackbeard. At least I know he has good taste in pins because GL is an amazing game!!

Haha, Thanks Yesh.

Who doesn't need to get laid?

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Thanks working on that!

You should, Tony has nice stuff and is a good guy to deal with.

#241 3 years ago

Wow, and just when I thought this thread was dead! Seeing that there have been like 200 new friggin posts! Crap, I need to get back to work!

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You're missing the point.

Lou came on here and bashed baller for NOT paying taxes on his sales. Clearly he has some old beef w the baller.

By beef do you mean simply being aware of the thread where the guy sells games as a business but takes paypal Friends&family as payment?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-ever-say-never-paypal-fxxcked-me-

You don't need to be columbo here to connect these dots...

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

WCS 3000
    CV 7200
    DE JP 3600
    LAH 3500

Wow stalker .... and yes I lost or broke even on all these games ....dude sent you my cell why don’t you call me vs bashing my rep

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Wow stalker .... and yes I lost or broke even on all these games ....dude sent you my cell why don’t you call me vs bashing my rep

Last thing i wanna do with my time is chit-chat with some random dude from the internet. I'd rather waste away my workday posting babble here.

And i'll always call BULLSHIT that you lost or broke even on all your sales. You're full of shit bro. Period.

#245 3 years ago

It may have made best of pinside but still doesnt have the fun and drama that tote gate had or the ultimate turn around that baywatch had....
    Just saying.
    Just a bunch of bashing , defending and side battles.
    He said .she said.
    Just make the game run or reverse trade.

#246 3 years ago

WTB Grand Lizard

Bump

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

WCS 3000
    CV 7200
    DE JP 3600
    LAH 3500

$3500 LAH..Christ, I hope it was HUO.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

This thread reminds me of 2020......
    Key takeaways:
    1) Distributors are easier to deal with
    2) Only buy from friends or someone that you trust
    3) Stranger danger
    4) Paypal is not good
    5) When is JAWS coming out?
    6) We need a new topic category that is labeled as IGRO - I Got Ripped Off.
    7) I have empathy for the OP. I have been ripped off before.
    8) Never spend what you can't loose

yt

Number 8 is the most important. Btw. Sorry for your troubles hockeymutt. Its a sucky situation.

#249 3 years ago

I hope it all works out ok. With that said, this is the only buyer that I went to buy something and never came back home with it. That’s fine but I learned to get what you may overpay for.

And why do so many have multiple screen names and get to stay?

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I hope it all works out ok. With that said, this is the only buyer that I went to buy something and never came back home with it. That’s fine but I learned to get what you may overpay for.
    And why do so many have multiple screen names and get to stay?

Exactly my thought...

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-/page/5?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.