(Topic ID: 276080)

Buyer beware baller88

By hockeymutt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B8C0E24F-F0C0-4350-98BB-3D37912A07EA (resized).jpeg
    57578E8C-D755-4F13-BB28-279634FA4E4E (resized).jpeg
    EB8D432C-E63B-44ED-B004-CF50DE1FC643 (resized).jpeg
    AB145CB1-7D64-4E0F-A164-770326A602EC (resized).jpeg
    173D7CC1-0426-4D4C-944E-3DF0469FA88D (resized).jpeg
    CE53D200-5533-46BD-AFBF-DA17358B19A2 (resized).jpeg
    283D2ADC-5B0D-4E76-82AC-E4C874E68ACC (resized).jpeg
    CA10440C-4A8A-425B-8F00-FBC32BA4EE51 (resized).jpeg
    tphil (resized).jpg
    5AD7BAD3-C67A-41C2-9B4C-59F217357B50 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    88 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E9DA28E9-7A40-4ED5-A365-68D62C6D7B8A (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Two different geckos.
    Njgecko

Thanks for clarifying

#102 3 years ago

When’s the last time one of these threads ruled in favor of the OP? Feels like it’s been a while.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

do you point the finger at everyone else for failing to protect you when you get a surprise? Did pinside fail you for failing to vet your game for you? Self-responsibility - it's a thing in pinball too.

You guys are talking past each other. On the one hand, could this situation have been avoided if OP had asked for close-up pics of the boards, or insisted on opening up the game and taking a close look before closing the deal? Sure thing. On the other hand, was the seller upfront with the buyer about the game's overall condition, in the ways I at least would hope a Pinside seller would be? Nope. Which wouldn't inspire much confidence in me if I were considering a long-distance transaction with the seller.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

When’s the last time one of these threads ruled in favor of the OP? Feels like it’s been a while.

OP kind of went out of his way to turn the crowd against him and change the topic from the seller's failure to disclose the board damage. OP took a defensive/hostile tone from the get-go, worked in a rant about Pinside refusing to moderate his case, and has put the actual story out in dribs and drabs so it's hard to even follow what his complaint is. That said, it seems like he's got a legitimate beef, and the seller should probably just swap back and be done with it.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You guys are talking past each other. On the one hand, could this situation have been avoided if OP had asked for close-up pics of the boards, or insisted on opening up the game and taking a close look before closing the deal? Sure thing. On the other hand, was the seller upfront with the buyer about the game's overall condition, in the ways I at least would hope a Pinside seller would be? Nope. Which wouldn't inspire much confidence in me if I were considering a long-distance transaction with the seller.

OP kind of went out of his way to turn the crowd against him and change the topic from the seller's failure to disclose the board damage. OP took a defensive/hostile tone from the get-go, worked in a rant about Pinside refusing to moderate his case (which he has to know is not something Pinside does), and has put the actual story out in dribs and drabs so it's hard to even follow what his complaint is. That said, it seems like he's got a legitimate beef, and the seller should probably just swap back and be done with it.

At this point I would love that, the only reason this has gone in a million different directions is the rob fan boys that he hasn’t fucked yet. That and they consistently try to turn everything and protect “daddy”. 98% of respectable people would find this situation completely fucked up. The ones that don’t are the hook up boys

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

At this point I would love that, the only reason this has gone in a million different directions is the rob fan boys that he hasn’t fucked yet. That and they consistently try to turn everything and protect “daddy”. 98% of respectable people would find this situation completely fucked up. The ones that don’t are the hook up boys

News flash: 98% of ppl on here don’t give a rats ass about your transaction at this point.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

So this is justified? I really think you need to spend some time in the trenches, Coming up from nothing. Maybe you’ll understand where I’m coming from. But just judging to your responses. You acting very privileged,Baller88 shouldn’t be held responsible for this even tho it was hidden and was told one thing and got another. This type of attitude is just enforcing that this was ok. Says a lot about You as person . At this point I could careless if I get this resolved, it’s never going to. But
    Maybe the next guy that deals with him won’t get boned.

For someone who likes to throw stones and claim to know everything... after repeatedly failing to demonstrate basic reading comprehension... you're really showing yourself to be a true champ.

Come up from nothing? Very privileged? Wtf do you think you know about me?

I never defended baller88. I said you as a buyer are responsible for what you buy. You created a thread about a seller and what they represented. Great. I took note when you started to blame the community for your failure do what is YOUR responsibility.

Take some ownership of your own mistakes rather than trying to hang issues on people around you. 5 years and you still don't know to check the boards for damage? Even working games? n00b

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

News flash: 98% of ppl on here don’t give a rats ass about your transaction at this point.

A fan boy appears, how’s the flavor today

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Pretty shitty he screws me and than threats me

Funny how that works, but that's how assholes roll.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You are bound to get burned... too many simply don't even KNOW how it's supposed to work. Even the innocents do it.
    You're willing to take gambles... that's fine.. your choice. But do you point the finger at everyone else for failing to protect you when you get a surprise? Did pinside fail you for failing to vet your game for you?
    Self-responsibility - it's a thing in pinball too.

When you make a trade in a parking lot you have to take someone's word. As I have posted already I have had people outright lie on here. Lie about direct questions. Pull a game you could have seen running because it had a major issue.

That isn't self responsibility. I have had people on here say a game has zero issues. Show up to their house and upon power up the game says features are not working as part of its boot sequence.

If i sell something it is how I say it is. If you don't believe a seller has a responsibility to be honest then it says reams about you. Let's not have dealings because you've made it quite clear you have no acruples.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

For someone who likes to throw stones and claim to know everything... after repeatedly failing to demonstrate basic reading comprehension... you're really showing yourself to be a true champ.
    Come up from nothing? Very privileged? Wtf do you think you know about me?
    I never defended baller88. I said you as a buyer are responsible for what you buy. You created a thread about a seller and what they represented. Great. I took note when you started to blame the community for your failure do what is YOUR responsibility.
    Take some ownership of your own mistakes rather than trying to hang issues on people around you. 5 years and you still don't know to check the boards for damage? Even working games? n00b

Once again that makes falsely representing a game ok? That’s essentially what your saying. I’ve stated a few times I’m partially to blame but you get up on the high horse and preach. But what the fuck is the point of this site with out being able to trust a members word? The whole feedback system is fucked. There is always a few bad eggs. He’s shown his true colors multiple times. But yet they let him have 3 handles here. Every bad thread calling he out gets over ran with his boyfriends and it essentially dies off when he realizes he was caught. The best one was he over looked directly soldered wires to an mpu. Give me a fucking break it was Intentional and he always hopes he doesn’t get caught. I had no clue this guy had a bad rep as gwax.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

But what the fuck is the point of this site with out being able to trust a members word?

That would be nice, but I’ve never understood the blind trust for pinside members. Better to stay professionally skeptical. Trust, but verify.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

But what the fuck is the point of this site with out being able to trust a members word?

Same as the real world. Not everyone plays by the same rules.

LTG : )

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be nice, but I’ve never understood the blind trust for pinside members. Better to stay professionally skeptical. Trust, but verify.

Sure but when I call and say hey this game is completely fucked and am told to fuck off and it’s not his problem. Then get the run around about a fix? Pretty sure this was a way to buy time. Also this guy owns a fucking store he should know better

#115 3 years ago

Yeah sucks for sure. I’d never do business with him again and move on.

#116 3 years ago
    swEihXf.gifswEihXf.gif
    #117 3 years ago

Let’s get hockeymutt a red plus heart

Oops wrong thread

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sucks for sure. I’d never do business with him again and move on.

I would never, all I started this thread for was for him to give me a board that is repairable or what ever. It’s fucking nuts that this has turned into ethics and shit we were supposed to be taught as children.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yup, up until last year everyone I've dealt with here has been great. Another one of these parking lot deals. I get it home and ask if he's had any problems, nope none at all. I check his post history and it's littered with posts about the same problem, guy just passed the buck. Lesson learned. Although it ended up working out because an upstanding pinside member swapped me, it was his game prior and the seller promised to sell it back when he was done. Some people suck.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

When you make a trade in a parking lot you have to take someone's word

If you agree to that kind of deal - it's a liability you accept. If you don't.. don't do that kind of deal. I never would. I've sold games to people that way and they were happy. I did my part and checked their money before handing over the game. It's on them to decide what level of scrutiny and review they want and are comfortable with.

Quoted from dung:

As I have posted already I have had people outright lie on here. Lie about direct questions. Pull a game you could have seen running because it had a major issue.
    That isn't self responsibility

If you pay thousands of dollars for something without doing your diligence... yes it is. We're dealing with used goods sold as-is from private individuals. Do your homework and diligence or be ready to accept the consequences. This isn't defending bad seller's actions -- it's defending YOURSELF first.

Defensive driving is not a posture to say bad driving is ok.. it's to put yourself in the safest position to deal with uncertainties and things you don't control. Same thing here.

Quoted from dung:

If you don't believe a seller has a responsibility to be honest then it says reams about you

I never said such a thing. I said its on YOU to protect yourself... because even when dealing with honest people you'll encounter tons of honest sellers THAT SIMPLY DON'T KNOW! If you rely blindly on what someone tells you... that's a liability you assume because you expect the other party to not only be honest but all knowing.

#121 3 years ago

You guys keep telling me to take responsibility for what happen which I will take some but not once have you neigh sayers ever said anything about a Pinball store front to take any accountability. Talk about standards

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

I love when the New Jersey boys go at it .

Question I have, now that you more than made your point, what are you going to do? I think every one responding, in a manner you do not like, has had a similar experience (s). One either learns, moves on or quits the hobby and takes up another (say knitting). Not sure what the goal here is? If you wanted the other party to make good some how, that is pretty much shot now. Once you launch a public approach in this manner there is no going back.

I would look at it this way:

Sounds like the game is pretty nice cosmetically. Say you put 1k in it. Add that one K with the money you had invested in your original Pin and I bet you will have a super nice RFM with new cards/boards for under 4K. A very desirable game that most likely you will get your all if not most your money back.

Time to put down the paddle down and move on unless you really are enjoying the drama.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Once again that makes falsely representing a game ok? That’s essentially what your saying

No I'm not. I'm saying you didn't have to buy the game and the fact you ultimately bought it is on you. A transaction takes two to tango!

Quoted from hockeymutt:

I’ve stated a few times I’m partially to blame but you get up on the high horse and preach. But what the fuck is the point of this site with out being able to trust a members word?

Dude, you're the one who blamed others. High Horse? More like whambulance smasher. This is a public internet forum anyone can join... why you have delusions that it's some vetted society is beyond me. Take your data inputs, and check your goods.

Learn your lesson and move on... or keep whining about how pinside has failed you.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Question I have, now that you more than made your point, what are you going to do? I think every one responding, in a manner you do not like, has had a similar experience (s). One either learns, moves on or quits the hobby and takes up another (say knitting). Not sure what the goal here is? If you wanted the other party to make good some how, that is pretty much shot now. Once you launch a public approach in this manner there is no going back.
    Sounds like the game is pretty nice cosmetically. Say you put 1k in it. Add that one K with the money you had invested in your original Pin and I bet you will have a super nice RFM with new cards/boards for under 4K. A very desirable game that most likely you will get your all if not most your money back.
    Time to put down the paddle down and move on unless you really are enjoying the drama.

The end goal was just to get a serviceable board, I could give 2 shits if it works. Essentially just receiving at worst case what I thought I was receiving a game that is complete that doesn’t work, I’m not an idiot and am reasonable. what I received is a game with a non working cpu and a roached driver board that cant be sourced in the US. Just something I can work with or send it out at this point.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Sure but when I call and say hey this game is completely fucked and am told to fuck off and it’s not his problem. Then get the run around about a fix? Pretty sure this was a way to buy time. Also this guy owns a fucking store he should know better

Did you check your transaction for the "Pinside Buyer Protection" program logo?

Call the guy out so others know.. do your part so the facts are out there and figure out your way forward.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

You guys keep telling me to take responsibility for what happen which I will take some but not once have you neigh sayers ever said anything about a Pinball store front to take any accountability. Talk about standards

Because the opening posts did what was needed for everyone to take in what they need and make their own judgements.

If you are upset because no one started a Pinside campaign to get you a new board... well, sorry, you don't understand genuine empathy.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

No I'm not. I'm saying you didn't have to buy the game and the fact you ultimately bought it is on you. A transaction takes two to

Did you check your transaction for the "Pinside Buyer Protection" program logo?
    Call the guy out so others know.. do your part so the facts are out there and figure out your way forward.

Lol no I didn’t but that would have been awesome, yea I got on a high horse cause daddy’s boys start coming out and start trying to squash a thread which I think has turned around finally. There is/was an end result it’s for this to be know, and from rob aka baller aka gwax akarockland pinball to man up and fix this. But the coward blocked my phone after he threaten me saying we lived close and I should watch my mouth and believe actions. I don’t take threats well or softly. And offered my address

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the opening posts did what was needed for everyone to take in what they need and make their own judgements.
    If you are upset because no one started a Pinside campaign to get you a new board... well, sorry, you don't understand genuine empathy.

That wasn’t it at all was hopefully going to lite a fire under said sellers ass to fix the discrepancy. And stop the trade rape. My apologies for the personal attack I really didn’t want to take it that direction, but got tired of hearing the same shit over and over

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

I got on a high horse cause daddy’s boys start coming out and start trying to squash a thread

No ones trying the squash shit. We’re sick of hearing you drone on and on.

Learn a fucking lesson and move on. Oh, and stfu already.

And no, I don’t know gwaaaxtttt/baller or rob.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No ones trying the squash shit. We’re sick of hearing you drone on and on.
    Learn a fucking lesson and move on. Oh, and stfu already.
    And no, I don’t know gwaaaxtttt/baller or rob.

Look man I get that, essentially why I drained it. me aside who does he get next? It’s going to happen especially if he ships. And guess what we’ll get to chime in laugh and say what an idiot

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Let’s get hockeymutt a red plus heart
    Oops wrong thread

Would like that very much but not from my wallet

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymutt:

Look man I get that, essentially why I drained it. me aside who does he get next? It’s going to happen especially if he ships. And guess what we’ll get to chime in laugh and say what an idiot

After this thread, I likely wouldn’t deal w him or at the very least my antennae would be way up.

You’re point has been made.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Also with the status of the playfield and cabinet thought it was great hence the original positive feedback? Strange how the boards looked nothing like the cabinet. And it was just thAt board all optos and coin door boards are spotless.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

After this thread, I likely wouldn’t deal w him or at the very least my antennae would be way up.
    You’re point has been made.

Thanks my apologies for the personal attack, hope you enjoy your night also Know of a grand lizard

#135 3 years ago

Ok so nobody's gonna address the elephant in the room huh well I'll step up
    WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU BUYING A RFM?

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ok so nobody's gonna address the elephant in the room huh well I'll step up
    WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU BUYING A RFM?

Always wanted one, played and enjoyed it and with the video modes was hoping not to get bored with this one in 3 weeks

#137 3 years ago

I’m a pinsider that loves this site to get away from all the crazy shit going on.Pinball yet expensive is the best frivolous hobby,bar none.Better than collecting stamps.Im the last one to turn the other cheek but this deal could have been reversed and back to square one with no hurt feelings.Hopefully it’s not to late to make this better.I know that this is between 2 good Pinsiders and hopefully diplomacy will win out.Not taking sides and as they say. It’s only Pinball.

#138 3 years ago

Hockeymutt, the only thing I can say is, you may have had better luck trading the BOP for a RFM. I think someone would have taken you up on this trade. Or,
    sell BOP and have buying power to buy an RFM. I mean it's too late now, but I think I would have opted that route.

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Hockeymutt, the only thing I can say is, you may have had better luck trading the BOP for a RFM. I think someone would have taken you up on this trade. Or,
    sell BOP and have buying power to buy an RFM. I mean it's too late now, but I think I would have opted that route.

I would agree, tried to keep my personal life out of it but I have a 10 month daughter and getting time for 1 transaction is tough enough right now with my wife working from home and me working 5 days a week. When I was offered the deal knew he was making out better which I was fine with, i took it as it only fit into my life at the moment. I’ve stated this before I would still have been find with the deal if the driver board was serviceable. Everything else I could careless about. Hell dam thing could have been dead as a door nail with serviceable parts. No harm no foul.

Look I’m reasonable , understandable, you can blow smoke up my ass I’ll let you do your thing as long as it’s complete and fixable. You’d never here a peep from me

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

I’m a pinsider that loves this site to get away from all the crazy shit going on.Pinball yet expensive is the best frivolous hobby,bar none.Better than collecting stamps.Im the last one to turn the other cheek but this deal could have been reversed and back to square one with no hurt feelings.Hopefully it’s not to late to make this better.I know that this is between 2 good Pinsiders and hopefully diplomacy will win out.Not taking sides and as they say. It’s only Pinball.

Thank you for that! Rob was awesome to deal with could tell by the way he talked he was a salesman. Cool. We even chatted a few times before I got the machine hooked up. If he would have delivered on the replacement or even pay pal’d half of a repair (if it could have been) or replacement I would have been fine with that hell Im still fine with that. Once again if rob would had been easier to deal with after I ran into issues this would have stay behind closed doors. But he chose the high road. Even sent him a text this afternoon stating I was over it and would chalk this up as life lesson, but please send a board if possible and that this game is going to sit for awhile till I can afford a replacement. Wished him luck in life and business. But he blocked my number. So I’m gonna give a stab at this board when free time allows.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Survival? We collect antiquated over priced toys.
    I buy projects. Ask crash, I made 2 trips out to him and bought 3. Games missing parts, boards, and that haven't run in over a decade.
    Thing is I know what to expect. I get them for a price that I'm comfortable with. I dont have any expectation that anything works. I make an educated guess on repair costs and work, and gamble.
    I have done that with a number of games. Have bought some off basic pictures and had them shipped. My favorite was an lah that had been in a fire.
    But if someone tells me that the game should work minus a part. If that person has been in the hobby for awhile. If they deal in games. I expect them to know what they are talking about. If the game obviously in no way worked in the way they described, then they lied.
    Baller lied. We have screenshots dating to that. Dress it up however you want. Blame op. Say he is a drama queen. Baller still lied and screwed someone.

I know you may find this hard to believe but I agree with you 100%. The one thing I cannot figure out is how you are not being raked over the coals for calling this hobby antiquated over priced toys. There are guys here on Pinside that will try and ruin your life for considering pinball machines as overpriced toys. I once again agree, just a bunch of kids at heart with overpriced toys. All of us.

#143 3 years ago

Pretty sure everybody in NJ droves a Corvette.

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty sure everybody in NJ droves a Corvette.

LOL,

Nah, some of us “droves” minivans .

#146 3 years ago

If everyone in NJ had one then there really would droves of Corvettes.

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from silen7ce:

$315 in usd... not too bad...

id talk to rob anthony (borygard) i know he had a few of these boards at one time, and yes he is one of the few that works on these as well.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from silen7ce:

$315 in usd... not too bad...

Lot better than a grand, I’d snatch that up!

This thread is a good reminder that being a pinsider doesn’t nec. mean much. You can get your escalera destroyed by one, and you can get burned In deals with them. You can buy parts from them and spend months trying to get them to ship it even though they ‘shipped it last week’. I’ve made a few bad choices with deals and lucked out in the end to get anything, but did also get partially screwed. Luckily most pinsiders are cool..I’ve driven 20 hours or so one way to trade games and couldn’t have been happier. For every bad deal there’s 50 good ones.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I really don't see this reaching a resolution to your liking but I think you should have looked at it a little closer. I'm not saying you are totally at fault here either Rob bares at least 50% for his creative sales pitch. Hope you guys can work it out.

Victim blaming?

Credit to the OP for posting a warning to other Pinsiders. Seller can’t be trusted, buyer beware. Why crucify the OP?

#150 3 years ago

I never imagined this thread's legs would be so strong!

There are 288 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-baller88-/page/3?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.