Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RTS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170818_051635 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I'm looking to get a game to have around a while while I see what JJ#4 turns out to be.

I have a line on a LOTR or TWD both pro home units for about $4500. I'd also like a nice Shadow but missed one locally.

Which would you choose for a temp machine to sell once I decide if I want JJ4 or just go for DI or possibly houdini once I see it.

I only have room for one game and I'm dying to get one - I'm jealous of all of you that have such great collections and the place to keep them.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

I'm looking to get a game to have around a while while I see what JJ#4 turns out to be.
    I have a line on a LOTR or TWD both pro home units for about $4500
    Which would you choose for a temp machine to sell once I decide if I want JJ4 or just go for DI or possibly houdini once I see it.

LOTR at $4500 would be the much better value.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

LOTR at $4500 would be the much better value.

No brainer....inspect tha LOTR closely...from personal experience condition is everything. Also adding the color dmd is a very good add on...

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

I have a line on a LOTR or TWD both pro home units for about $4500. I'd also like a nice Shadow but missed one locally.
    I only have room for one game and I'm dying to get one - I'm jealous of all of you that have such great collections and the place to keep them.

Damn, if you skip the LOTR pass it along to me. I'll throw in a Roland TD-11

#5 6 years ago

$4500 HUO TWD is high IMO

$4500 HUO LOTR is low IMO

I own both so I'm like an expert n shit

#6 6 years ago

At that price, LOTR all day every day......

#7 6 years ago

Dissenting opinion, I like TWD better. The LOTR theme does nothing for me and I can't relate to the callouts, don't know the characters, and it's all just above my head. TWD, I used to watch so it rings true with me. As such I've got more games in on TWD and would pick it to have at home for awhile.

ETA, this is an expensive toy were talking about, not a stock market investment. He didn't ask about ROI. Either game stands to lose money when he resells it, but that didn't come across as a concern in the OP's post. We need to quit turning every conversation on this forum into one of value and resale value, and focus on more subjective issues, like theme or lastability.
    Oh, um, rant off, sorry

#8 6 years ago

LOTR, but I would be surprised if you would want to get rid of it. Also, no such thing as a "Pro" Lotro, it was before all that bullshit.

#9 6 years ago

to my knowledge there are only two versions of the LOTR pin. The first was released in 2003, and the limited edition (500 made) was released in 2009 ish....to my knowledge the only difference between the original and the LE was a higher quality play field (more clear coats), glass translite (looks awesome), and the brass trim.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

this is an expensive toy were talking about, not a stock market investment. He didn't ask about ROI. Either game stands to lose money when he resells it, but that didn't come across as a concern in the OP's post. We need to quit turning every conversation on this forum into one of value and resale value, and focus on more subjective issues, like theme or lastability.

But he did. Clearly stated this would be resold shortly. Hence reselling factors need to be taken into account. If he buys LOTR at $4500 he can EASILY resell it when the time comes. TWD on the other hand would likely take more time to sell at that price point. That's an important factor.

Why would we concentrate on subjective items when they are, by definition, subjective? My personal opinion on either pin probably means nothing to him as our tastes may be vastly different.

#11 6 years ago

Both are great games - IMO the choice would come down to...

- Do you like long ball times and long epic games: LOTR
    - Do you like exciting, quick adrenaline filled (but frequently brutal) games: TWD

#12 6 years ago

4500 lotr is a no brainer if condition is good. It would resell at 5000 easily.

Plus if you like it, you will find a way to keep it. Might I suggest the dinning room?

20170818_051635 (resized).jpg20170818_051635 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

at that price get lotr make sure it is in nice shape though.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for all the opinions. LOTR seller decided they want more than we agreed so I'm going to let it go..... For now.

The search continues.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Thanks for all the opinions. LOTR seller decided they want more than we agreed so I'm going to let it go..... For now.
    The search continues.

Dick move

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

to my knowledge there are only two versions of the LOTR pin. The first was released in 2003, and the limited edition (500 made) was released in 2009 ish....to my knowledge the only difference between the original and the LE was a higher quality play field (more clear coats), glass translite (looks awesome), and the brass trim.

Also, most importantly it has a shaker, and no action figures. You can mod non-le to have the shaker thanks to the LE code though.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

The search continues.

Probably read pinside

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Also, most importantly it has a shaker, and no action figures. You can mod non-le to have the shaker thanks to the LE code though.

very true....the shaker by the way is a key element to the this game....I also love the color dmd....

#19 6 years ago

TWD is a fine "consolation prize" for missing out on a Lord of the Rings...

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

The original came with plastic figures on the playfield, and the LE did not.

The LE came with a shaker and the original did not.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-used-lotr-or-twd-for-short-term?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.