Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BrianZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bounce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 12 years ago

My first machine was from a small repair operation in the north and I had to pay the shipping, so the total price was well above what a local purchase would have been. But it was my first machine and I had ants in my pants instead of patience. It wasn't that big of a financial mistake but it taught me to look for local private sellers, as in not more than a couple hundred miles. Of course, my pins are not in the 'A' list, so shipping constitutes a fairly significant portion of the avoided cost of going local. My "wish list" pins, however, may require a dealer transaction as I rarely see them come up inside the state through a private seller and out of state pins will likely require shipment. As other posters have noted, it's all about how bad you "need" the pin. P/F condition is paramount as the rest can be handled with minimum expense, unless, of course, you need a $700 set of plastics or a whole new series of circuit boards.
    the other Skip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bounce.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-through-dealer-or-wait-forever-for-a-classified-ad?tu=bounce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.