Linked Games

Topic poll

“Buy a set or buy sticky paper/Mylar?”

• Get a game-specific set 15 votes
    56%
  • Do it yourself, it's worth the savings after doing several games 12 votes
    44%

(27 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bleargh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

A few months ago I ordered a set of vinyl stickers from Sticker You, after my wife got a Groupon for them.

You do up your own artwork, and they'll print and die-cut them to the dimensions you've got in the artwork. Was cheap too... think I got a whole page of Black Knight Drop Target and Spinner Decals, along with Spinner Decals for my Space Odyssey, for under $10. 8.5x11 sheet was large enough that I had more than one set on the page, so when they give out I've got replacements.

They're not laminated, but the Spinner I redid for my Space Odyssey seems to be holding up good so far (no detectable wear at all yet).

Boon for me here was that they're already die-cut, as opposed to my having to cut the bloody things out and try to guess how big I need it to be. Do artwork to size, they'll cut on the edge of your artwork.

#18 11 years ago

Yes, there is a way you can opt out of the padded border. I forget how to do it, but I got mine cut right to the edge of the artwork that I did.

As for mylar protectors or some sort of lamination, it might not be a bad idea. If it was going on the playfield I'd be more inclined to have that done, as opposed to if I was putting it on a drop target or spinner. That said, though, I didn't laminate or mylar the spinner I did for my Space Odyssey, and its held up perfectly so far (~3mos). Long term wear, though? No idea.

For others reading the thread... if you need square decals measuring "22mm" (0.86") square, I'd recommend Moo.com. You can get a "Sticker Book" from them containing 90 stickers that size for $9.99 plus shipping. Moo also has a free "sample pack" you can get from them that contains "one of everything" so you can see what their stuff is like. I've got the sample pack here, and comparing those stickers to the ones from StickerYou I definately prefer the ones from Moo. Only gotcha is... Moo stickers only come in their sizes, while StickerYou will cut to your artwork. But, if you can work with the Moo sizes, those stickers feel more durable.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Buy them and make it easier for you.

When they're available, I'd usually agree; its far easier to just order a set and have them delivered. For some games, though, that's just not an option. In my case, I was printing decals to replace the spinner on my Space Odyssey (as I've yet to find anyone w/an original for sale) and used the Black Knight decals to fill in the rest of the sheet.

Sure enough, though... within weeks of stripping the paint off of the old "Gottlieb 300" spinner that was in the machine, repainting it, and putting the decals on, someone pops up on eBay parting out a Space Mission and they had an original spinner. And no, for those looking for one, the backglass she had on that parts machine was toast (I asked as I know of several of you looking for one in reasonable shape).

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The way to remove the border it to choose the cut to preset shape option. This works but it doesn't support holes, so I will have to cut the center hole out on the round standup targets with an X-ACTO knife.

Hole punch? My wife has a whole drawer full of them in various sizes, shapes, and depths (for when you want that hole half way across a regular piece of paper). For all that I griped for months when she was buying tons of stuff from Michaels, every now and then I find some awesome tool or crafty thing buried away in her art room that works just perfect on my pinball repair (I just don't tell her I use them, or she'd never let me back in there).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bleargh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-target-decals-or-print-your-own?tu=bleargh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.