Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73A7E40C-D1A7-4C9E-8F04-317BB5723526 (resized).jpeg
097F339C-0E9B-4B51-9814-BC982D151286 (resized).jpeg
DD78D367-1A04-42E0-81D5-68AC41564409 (resized).jpeg
cdcf69c914d0cf8236c0fa26ead0ada487773b85 (resized).jpg
angrySTERNcustomer.png
IO6NJMu (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 6 years ago

Perhaps it's not cool to say this and many here won't agree but I think Sterns Star Wars is one of the best games I've ever played. It's so much fun!!! I can already say it's a keeper for me. And I can't understand why so many here can't see how good this game is????

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's a misapprehension that everyone should like the same things in pinball. rarehero deeply dislikes Dwight's approach to coding scoring rules and multipliers, and therefore cannot get into SW (or GOT for that matter).

Not everybody has to like the same games, that's for sure. I don't have a type of game I like or don't like. And I think all pinball games can be fun. I like the hobbit and I like Star Wars two total different games. But there are so many people here that are criticizing Star Wars for things that I can't understand and I am not talking About Rare Hero.

Lack of toys in Star Wars????
I think the Hyper Drive is one of the best toys in Pinball. The only other toy I had more fun with was the crane in Batman. It challenges you, try to get as many balls in this lock as possible. It's a rush.
The Death Star exploding is just a gimmick but a hard goal to work for. Not like in other games were you get the effect of the gimmick in every game. The Tie Fighter isn't cheap. It's a very small target and not easy to hit. And the mini LCD is way better integrated as a toy as in other games.

Theme integration in Star Wars???? Sound and visuals are great and the rules are tied into the context of the story. It reminds me of LotR but on speed.

State Code in Star Wars???
Yes there are a few bugs still left, there are things that could be made better (video mode and hoth 1). But it's already good and can only become better. The Star Wars code is unique and tries things never done before.

Art Design???
I love the cabinet and translite of the premium. It's beautiful. And I think Bob Stelvic is one of the best artists we have in the pinball world. The GoTLE cabinets are stunning and he captured the imperium side on the SW Premium. He knows Star Wars.

These are a few points that are criticized often that I see totaly differnt about this game. But there are other things like the flow, speed and the thousand different ways to attack this game as a player, no game is like the other for me. And it's a rush, a battle, a fight. There is always this next goal that is hard to master. These are things making this one my favourite game. And when I launch the ball, and the music starts, when I battle the sith, circle around the AT-AT Walker, try to go to Hyperspace or dive ino the Death Star tunnel, then I am this little child again that experienced Star Wars for the first time.
We will see how this game will be judged in a few years. I still think when more people give it a chance in their homes, they will see that it's a underated masterpiece.

#84 6 years ago

Ok guys, let‘s take the Transite as an example, does it capture the Star Wars theme visually or not?

DD78D367-1A04-42E0-81D5-68AC41564409 (resized).jpegDD78D367-1A04-42E0-81D5-68AC41564409 (resized).jpeg

#85 6 years ago

And you can add cheap static toys to the already great ones in there.

097F339C-0E9B-4B51-9814-BC982D151286 (resized).jpeg097F339C-0E9B-4B51-9814-BC982D151286 (resized).jpeg

73A7E40C-D1A7-4C9E-8F04-317BB5723526 (resized).jpeg73A7E40C-D1A7-4C9E-8F04-317BB5723526 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 21.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-star-wars-now-or-wait-for-gotg?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.