• Latest reply 8 years ago by CNKay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BigGuns_Police_Force.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Need some advice because I've only played each game once a few years back and I don't have enough experience. What's your thoughts on each game? Both seem like pretty fun games but do they get stale after a few months? One more so than the other? Just looking for opinions.

#2 8 years ago

never buy a game you only played once. Best advice. Play each 50 times and you decide. Nobody else can decide for you. Plus you are asking the DMD snobs on 2 games they wouldn't never give a second look at. only 5% of the people here even know what you are talking about.

#3 8 years ago

Big Guns is the first pin I ever played, my childhood friend owned one. When I was 12 I thought it was the bees knees. Now I wouldn't really consider owning one. Big Guns has some cool toys, but the layout isn't very good in my opinion (I really don't like symmetrical games in general either). It would make a better EM game. Call me a DMD snob

#4 8 years ago

you might be part of the 5%. by looking at your current collection that seems to be the case.

#5 8 years ago

Let me know which one you pass on, I may want it

Imo, I think police force offers more game play and shot variety.

#7 8 years ago

Police Force

#8 8 years ago

I'll vote Big Guns, but I owned a nice one so I got a lot of games on it. I've played several Police Forces but they were in routed condition.

#9 8 years ago

Owned BG, played PF.

BG, shot layout is exactly the same on each side. I loved the graphics, I loved the light show, but the game was lacking. Its lock a ball on the left, lock a ball on the right, lock it in the center, then lock one of the balls in the center again, then shoot all the stand up targets before time runs out. The upper playfield is neat, but its nothing that special. The bagettelle in the backbox is fun, I like when something happens mechanically behind the backglass. Got boring over time though. Only lasted me a year or so.

PF, a lot more shots on this one. Only a 2 ball multiball though. Has a ramp which BG does not have any of. BG also has no pop bumpers. I cant comment on the gameplay as much on this one since I only have played it a handful of times.

PF would be my choice.

#10 8 years ago

I'd say police force

but i haven't spent enough time on both.

Both of the games are fun and shouldn't get stale that quick in a larger collection like yours.

#11 8 years ago

Police Force

#12 8 years ago

Both are OK sys 11 games with PF having a slight edge in sellability.

#13 8 years ago

I have never played Big Guns, but have spent quite a bit of time on PF. With that said, I personally would not go out of my way to buy a PF, but I got my fill of it way back. John

#14 8 years ago

Make sure BG can fit in your basement with the feet extended - it's tall.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Make sure BG can fit in your basement with the feet extended - it's tall.

Not as tall as JP with the topper.....

#16 8 years ago

The only thing I'm on the edge with police force is that it seems similar to Taxi... a game I already have. Taxi + Topper fits in the basement. I am only making assumptions that big guns head is about the same height as taxi + topper. But you're right... only an actual measurement can be sure.

#17 8 years ago

Big Guns is a way better game, if you can over the ugly and huge cabinet. I really like the game. Great skill shot, fun gimmick with the catapults, great theme, sound, music, and light show, and a really good mulitball. Upper playfield action is great and it's always a hoot to "go invincible."

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

never buy a game you only played once. Best advice.

Terrible advice. I always advise buying games you've NEVER played. What's the point of buying a game you've played before?

Just silly. I don't often buy movie tickets for a film I've seen 40 times.

#19 8 years ago

i say Big Guns because the cannons are awesome

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

Big Guns head is about the same height as taxi + topper.

Big Guns will be a little taller then Taxi + topper. Maybe an inch or 2. Big Guns is just about the same as WW with it's fan topper.

#21 8 years ago

Forget stale after a few months, PF would get boring for me in a few days if not hours. Police Force is as one trick pony as they come. There are other things to do besides the middle ramp, but points wise, there is no reason in doing them. I'm not a huge fan of Big Guns either, but I would buy it over Police Force.

#22 8 years ago

I loved police force. I would own it again if the price was right. I haven't played big guns but man is it ugly. All system 11 games are fun though imo.

As for owning games that I haven't played before I'm cool with it. If the price is right and I can get back out of it I will buy games I haven't played all the time. Of course where I am at I do not have the opportunity to play games outside of my own collection often.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

All system 11 games are fun though imo.

Yep.

And if you are going to collect all 30 of them, you have got to start somewhere.

#24 8 years ago

I owned Big Guns and I'd go with Police Force if it's in good shape. I played one that was taken care of well and one that was not and there was quite a difference. I wouldn't say it's significantly better though so it is a tough call.

#25 8 years ago

I had a Big Guns years ago, it had no staying power with me.

#26 8 years ago

Do u have any other choices ? Or can u wait till something else becomes available?

#27 8 years ago

Big guns is a knock around pin that's fairly brutal like f14. Police force has that center ramp you can drill over and over.. Point wise it makes the game a bit lame. you get cool Python art in both. They both have good skill shots.. Police force does have many similarities with taxi. Overall, the scale tilts slightly to police force for me.

#28 8 years ago

I don't know I think I am just drawn to those cheesy call outs on PF. "Oh No! Its the cops man!"

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Big Guns is a knock around pin that's fairly brutal like f14. Police Force has that center ramp you can drill over and over.. Point wise it makes the game a bit lame. you get cool Python art in both. They both have good skill shots.. Police Force does have many similarities with taxi. Overall, the scale tilts slightly to Police Force for me.

It's interesting that you compare guns to F14. Both are system 11 games with the rare trait if being basically one level (no ramps, only habitrails). Both are also very fast with upper playfield flippers and action.

I like both games as well.

#30 8 years ago

I didn't think about the no ramp aspect of big guns and f14.. Tomcat has better flow, and theatrics for the multiball start.. But the game that introduced catapults is still pretty cool with the canon action.

#31 8 years ago

BigGuns_Police_Force.jpgBigGuns_Police_Force.jpg

Obviously, you should get both!

#32 8 years ago

Problem solved! Nice pair, you should be proud

#33 8 years ago

Police Force.

#34 8 years ago

I have owned both for about 2 years and wouldn't call either"pretty fun games".I find them both average,but not every game is a"A-lister".I would go for Police Force before Big Guns,but as mentioned above why not get both!Then neither will seem as boring because you can mix it up!

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

BigGuns_Police_Force.jpg
Obviously, you should get both!

Hey,I just noticed those games are in your kitchen/dining area.Everyone comments when they see mine,glad to know I'm not alone.

1 week later
#36 8 years ago

So... the suspense has been killing me! Which one did you go with, or did you accept my wise advice and get both?

#37 8 years ago

You are always going to get the people who say they are shallow games, get something else etc. etc. The question was which one if you were to pick one. Unless you have an extensive collection and/or you are real good at playing every game you touch you will probably enjoy them both!

#38 8 years ago

That's a tough one. I've played both and while I think Police Force isn't a great multi-strategy game (center ramp all day) if you're not going for points it's probably got more to do than Big Guns and is actually pretty fun to make shots. If you want something different from Taxi, then Big Guns is quite a bit different.

#39 8 years ago

I have big guns. I like it playing the backbox for the extra ball. And I still seem to lose balls when I am invincible. Never seen or played police force. Batman. But remember the guy on youtube shooting the ramp endlessly.
Maybe it will come down to the music and sounds?? Which is better???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-police-force-or-big-guns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.