2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I currently own one pin, Doctor Who. I would like to add two more to the collection, one an EM and one more recent machine. I am wondering if the apparent frenzy on used machines will slow down, leading to more options and better prices, or if waiting is likely to cost more?

It seems like it is currently a sellers market, is that likely to change in the next year or so?

#2 2 years ago

Best to buy what you are looking for when it is available is my motto. Waiting is for chumps.

#3 2 years ago

most EMs can't get that much cheaper, there's not that much overhead left after fixing them up, seems to me. The amount of 'inflation', or whatever you want to call it, gets larger the more the pin costs. Maybe if you're looking at a $2000+ game you might save some money down the road, or maybe not, who knows. Investing isn't a science, and that's pretty much what you're doing that that point. EMs on the other hand, if you find a nice one for $500-600, and then prices do fall some, it'll be a $400 machine instead, best case? Not worth worrying about, personally

#4 2 years ago

Prices keep going up, and have been going up for years. Demand keeps going up, more people keep entering the hobby, and the supply of games gets smaller every year (as they enter collections or get parted out).

If there's a title you really want, don't wait too long.

#5 2 years ago

Keep the DW. I regret selling mine. I wouldn't wait for some crystal ball move in the market. If you find a pin you like that is reasonable in your mind and you have the money; go for it.

#6 2 years ago

Prices are going up, up, up in my opinion. Whatever meets my criteria I go get and I hold onto it. I've never sold a single game and at least it gives me another reasonable excuse. By the time I sell one and wait a month it would be probably worth more than what I sold it for! I'm not looking to cash out, to looking to still have pinball if it ever gets super expensive. More and more people seem to be joining the hobby and there's a set number of non-NIB machines to go around, and more and more are destroyed or thrown out every so often.

#7 2 years ago

Yep the more nib go up the more older titles do bc they are still cheaper than nib. Stern pros are now over 5k so many b and c bally/williams pins which offer much more than a pro are now 3-4500 . Also the A listers like tom, ss, tz, addams and others which were always around 5k the past 3 years are now 6-8k in nice condition. Also they have went up bc most have all been refurbished with new parts and redone which is also y they are more now . They are not many b/w projects anymore for cheap bc most have been scooped up and made nice again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    € 222.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside