(Topic ID: 195259)

Buy next round of MMr or wait for HD colorXL display and shaker motor?

By ElectronMover

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am considering canceling my deposit on a upcoming MMR . CGC apparently is not going to upgrade the display or include a shaker motor in the next round of games. Considering that the AFMrSE has the upgraded display and shaker motor for less $, I just don't see paying 8K and then spend another $400 to upgrade the display (and still not have it be equal to the AFMrSE) and $150 for the shaker motor. Am I missing something?

#2 6 years ago

Are they going to make any more after this round? I heard that was it, but don't know if it's true.

#3 6 years ago

They are not changing MMR display ever according to doug at CGC. So if u want MMR there is no use waiting. The display may or may not be a future add on. In terms of pricing - they are two different games and cost different $$. I prefer AFM to MM but that is just me. If u like MM better then pull the trigger and don't wait. I don't think NIB prices are going down anytime soon considering what Stern is charging for premium games with unfinished code, bad quality control and ghosting playfield inserts.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

Hello Everyone:
A lot is happening at Chicago Gaming. We are very busy, but also very pleased to see all of the positive comments on Pinside.
5. Let me try to settle some myths: a) the MMR Standard Edition will remain exactly as we have produced it to date. In other words, it will not include the large display. b)We are working on an option to upgrade anyone’s current game. c) It is not as simply as changing out the display panel….let me save you a bunch of time and effort. d) There are no current plans for another model. More on this to come in the future.

Regards,
Doug Skor

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ElectronMover:

Am I missing something?

MMR is a way more loaded (PF toys) game than AFMR - and used MMs are more expensive than used AFMs.

Makes a lot of sense to price it lower, we're just not used to pricing that makes sense when using Stern as orientation.

#5 6 years ago

It would be super cool if they did a "large display" version but you KNOW all the LE buyers would be hella butthurt.

I'm still have my deposit down on my SE, I'd hate to miss out altogether if they decide they've sold enough when they start thinking about remake #3.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks to all who have responded to my initial post.
CGC "Doug's" post quoted above prompted me to post my ?. I am specifically talking about the SE model of MMr...if they were including the shaker motor and HD XL display for $8000.00 and calling it the LE model that would be OK, but to price the SE model at 8K and have to spend money for a shaker motor and color display ( $548.00= $8498.00) is IMO too much. Remember that they had to pay Stern something to build the MMr's and they could pass the savings on or increase profits...it is their choice and I respect that. Doug also mentions that he was speaking of "There are no current plans for another model. More on this to come in the future."
This also makes me think about holding off on my purchase for now...if only money was not an issue for me right now!!

#7 6 years ago

CGC "Doug's" post quoted above prompted me to post my ?. I am specifically talking about the SE model of MMr...if they were including the shaker motor and HD XL display for $8000.00 and calling it the LE model that would be OK, but to price the SE model at 8K and have to spend money for a shaker motor and color display ( $548.00= $8498.00) is IMO too much. Remember that they had to pay Stern something to build the MMr's and they could pass the savings on or increase profits...it is their choice and I respect that. Doug also mentions that he was speaking of "There are no current plans for another model. More on this to come in the future."
This also makes me think about holding off on my purchase for now...if only money was not an issue for me right now!!

Ah, yeah now you kinda got me wondering too...

#8 6 years ago

For obvious reasons they don't want to piss off past purchasers and discount the game. Also they appear to sell as quickly as they can produce them so why discount?

At the end of the day if you can afford a toy over $5,000 you can probably afford another $500. They know that. Either you value the color display or you don't. I personally don't (right now). I have no color upgraded games yet though so I suppose it's a matter of time before I go to the color side.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

For obvious reasons they don't want to piss off past purchasers

I really don't think they give a shit about past purchasers.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Totally disagree with this statement.

They specifically started the Serial Number matching program for previous MMR LE buyers. Buy an AFMR LE and get the same number as your MMR LE. And they shipped those games first. Doesn't that show that they were trying to do something good for the previous customers?

#11 6 years ago

Anyone else feel like this whole thread is liking viewing the movie "Groundhog Day"? This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads. I would gladly sell my MMR SE which has the color chip and shaker, in a year or so, to you for $8000.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

They specifically started the Serial Number matching program for previous MMR LE buyers.

Who cares? I didn't realize that AFM and MM were a matching set.

Quoted from flipnout1:

And they shipped those games first.

If past experience has taught me anything about this hobby it is that the front of the line for a game is the last place I want to be.

Quoted from flipnout1:

Doesn't that show that they were trying to do something good for the previous customers?

How about doing the right thing to address QC issues? That would show that they actually care about their customers.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

How about doing the right thing to address QC issues? That would show that they actually care about their customers.

QC issues? I don't think I really heard of anything big.

received mine a few days ago, Went through every piece of it. Think I had one LED out, but the rest was solid. Built better then the first.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

So they wouldn't have a reason to care about the current customers? They are by the way the most likely people on earth to make future purchases. Brilliant statement.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I would gladly sell my MMR SE which has the color chip and shaker, in a year or so, to you for $8000.

I am sure you would and I am sorry that you spent that much and are already considering when you will sell it and for how much!!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone else feel like this whole thread is liking viewing the movie "Groundhog Day"?

Hey,I like that movie.
-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-next-round-of-mmr-or-wait-for-hd-colorxl-display-and-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.