Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 10.30.43 PM.png
Grumpy_Old_Men_32370_Medium.jpg
IMAG3377.jpg
IMAG3389.jpg
Screenshot_2014-09-27-00-21-18_1.jpg
IMAG3399.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danisme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

To the OP, not a great start. Although the pinside team encourages the selling and buying machines, maybe you should start off with an intro about yourself. Secondly, 2 of your 3 post are about some arcade. Do you own this? Do you have some affiliation with it? Lastly, your post will likely be poked fun of and not taken seriously. If you really want to sell a game here, put some pictures up about each game, individually. Provide prices, condition etc. If not, expect this to be flamed.

The pics in the first post are the same as are posted in another thread he started advertising for the High Voltage Arcade (Nickel Arcade), which is located inside an older mall (East Hills) at 3000 Mall View Rd, Bakersfield, CA. The same pics are on their Facebook page too.

Looks like OP is B & D Video Vending and owns/runs or provides games for, the High Voltage Arcade.

Oddly his earlier posts and threads imply that he is just a customer of a highly recommended arcade. The place may be fine with nice games, I don't know, but his posts are annoying.

I live about hour away so took an interest in hearing about the location. I've never been there, but know the area fairly well.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

That is what I gathered as well with a quick recon. Just wanted to see if he was going to come out or continue to be a poser.
For the record I think most of us want to learn about new locations to play. I just find it deceitful to imply you're a customer when you're the owner self advertising. Just come out and show us what you got, we support the industry. This is more of a used car sales tactic and is seedy.

Oh, and ironically the Facebook page for the High Voltage Arcade (Nickel Arcade) is promoting people who love pinball should come to Pinside, where they will likely see this thread.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-love1023:

First I'm a woman. Secondly I thought with all the enthusiasts and pinball players you would want to know about a great arcade like this. Thirdly I thought being pinball fans you'd like to know about being able to buy and sell pinballs as well. I am a customer too. Have been for almost 20 years. And yes I'm very close to owners since it's been a go to place for families and arcade lovers for longer than I've been alive. Sorry you couldn't appreciate someone trying to shed light on this arcade and the option to buy things if you like...

Well it looks like this may be a misunderstanding. Without knowing otherwise I referred to you as a "he" since that is predominately the gender of most Pinsiders. I apologize for that.

I do appreciate the info about them being shared on Pinside, as I mentioned before I only live about an hour away and could be a customer. You have a new account, so I would assume that you are most likely new to Pinside and wouldn't know that sometimes unscrupulous posters come here to sell and promote themselves in a less than genuine manner and the community tends to look out for things that don't seem quite right. Sometimes we don't get it right.

There is also a Market specifically for buying/selling games here on Pinside. Link at the top of the page. It's okay to post in the forum too, but generally prices, pictures, condition, and so forth is expected as the forum is intended to be more interactive. If it had been clear that these were not your games and you were just passing along information for the arcade owners I don't think there would have been a problem and the various posts that followed would have been different.

Since the owners posted about Pinside on their Facebook account, they obviously know about it and maybe can come here and post additional information about their games. I very well could be a game buyer too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danisme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-and-sale-pinballs?tu=danisme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.