(Topic ID: 254684)

Buy advice SW pro (used) v SW premium (nib)

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I had sold AcDc premium a few months ago looking for something different and see what new games were due like JP, Wonka and Elvira. I have got the chance to play all these and find that I am more drawn to SW.

In the end the AcDc premium sale would just about pay for a nib premium (it was a very nice AcDc).

I played a lot on SW premium, I will get to play a pro in the next few days.

the situation is this:

I can buy an old art SW pro which is 2 years old and in great shape but not 100% mint (obviously) nothing of major note to the condition.

However I like the new art better and maybe like the premium better, can get nib premium for $2500 more cost.

Downside of the used one is a bit of a hike and I need to get a friend to pick it up with me so it's a bit less convenient.

Downside of the new pin is (??) playfield issue and the extra cost.

I almost feel like the premium + new art + new pin smell is worth a good bit to the $2500 difference. (not sure)

Long and short is that I would lose less money if/when I sell the pro.

Any advice is appreciated.

I don't see any SW premium for sale local to me.

#2 4 years ago

I own a pro and absolutely love it I’ve been buying and selling arcade equipment and pinball machines for 30+ years I had all the WPC games and a lot of stern games this is dare I say One of my favorites fast furious and very very deep rule set you can’t go wrong with the pro play the premium and felt that it was slower and the whole totally different kind of gameplay depends on what you like though most importantly play them both and then make your decision. Hope this helps

#3 4 years ago

I enjoyed my Premium, but I would go Pro because it’s still a good game and I bet you save $1000 when it’s time to move on.

NIB is almost always a big hit when it’s time to find a buyer. Buying a used Pro with old art and more then likely you get out with no loss or a minimal +/-

#4 4 years ago

Hyperloop is worth it.

#5 4 years ago

Say blah blah blah to the comic book art and get a used Premium...and save $1,100-1,400 easy.
    ....or get a used LE for the same price as a NIB Premium.

The Hyper loop is cool (5 out of 5 Getaway fans would agree), and the trap mech (hoth/death star loop) and blow up Death Star effect are both far better on the Premium.
    They are out there for $6,500 therabouts.
    Only downside is the loop habritrail in front of the flippers is a definite problem for some players line of sight.

Been after this title for a while and it keeps escaping me, but it is on my short list.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I enjoyed my Premium, but I would go Pro because it’s still a good game and I bet you save $1000 when it’s time to move on.
    NIB is almost always a big hit when it’s time to find a buyer. Buying a used Pro with old art and more then likely you get out with no loss or a minimal +/-

Good points about the resale down the road. However if I end up keeping it won’t matter as much.

I’m not a 1 year buy and sell, I tend to keep my games 6+ years on average.

I think it’ll come down to the art and hyper loop.

In a perfect world I like the pro comic cabinet more than the premium comic artwork.

If I crunch the numbers, 50 to 75 cents a day would be my worse case on a nib purchase.

#7 4 years ago

I am a big fan of the premium. It is harder but the extras are worth it. The hyperloop is one of the best toys in pinball.

#8 4 years ago

Star Wars Premium is one of my favorite games and the Premium/LE is totally worth it. That shot is more addictive than most any other.

#9 4 years ago

Star Wars Premium would be my pick too - that hyperloop shot is one of the more satisfying shots in pinball.

#10 4 years ago

My wife said "hyper loop" as well. I am still gong to sample the pro on case I find the loop more satisfying but likely may get the premium.

incidentally, in the running were DP, JP and Iron Maiden but to me SW (movie clips) and the pick your character was a big feature and the bonus multipliers are fun. I know wouldn't want something like that on every game but I don't have anything like that. I mean TWD has the X shot and some others have double PF multiplies and combo multipliers but the big mega multipliers are unique to the (maybe GoT but I don't have GoT).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-advice-sw-pro-used-v-sw-premium-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.