Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19129CCF-0710-4A18-A306-B50B34BFFBB9 (resized).jpeg
    20211216_140948 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinKopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

I'd like some communications from Stern on the situation. If they have contractual obligations with these constant new releases then that is one thing - otherwise I'm with you, pause new releases for a couple months and build what backlog you can.

Seems counterintuitive that they can get newly designed, unique parts for a new title, but can't get whatever parts from existing designs like Deadpool, that is supposedly preventing them from building existing titles.

We keep hearing about pcb and chip shortages, but those would seem to apply to all models, soooo why can they build Rush this/next month but not the titles customers have been waiting on for 6+ months??

And they're not even fulfilling all first month orders for new titles before changing over to something else and leaving those new orders hanging for a year again too. Maybe it's just astronomical sales numbers and they just can't build them all. Which brings it's back to some communications from Stern being worthwhile. The Stern of the Union BS lately has just been business as usual...

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Did you buy a game from Stern or reserve/deposit from a dealer? The dealer is who you are doing business with. Stern doesn't do much in the way of direct sales to insulate from this. They design and build machines. They have a dealer network to handle a huge portion of the sales and support requirement.

I'm fine with more communicating with their distributors then. Seems they don't have good info either generally. I bought a GZ Pro from a Distrib, because I could get it in a couple weeks (and did). But I considered a Premium and would be in the same boat as others are now if I had gone that route - I was kinda reading the tea leaves on that and availability was a big factor.
    Summer, maybe November next year for a Prem per that distributor - who knows. That's ridiculous, GZ was on the line at that time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinKopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-a-stern-jk-you-cant-get-one-rn?tu=PinKopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.