Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nowakster
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    bk2000 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Anyone actually get a t-shirt from the little flyer that was in the Stern games? I submitted two receipts of new game purchases months ago and never received a t-shirt. Curious if anyone received theirs.

#2 6 years ago

Got my Stern shirt a couple weeks after promotion started after purchase of GB. No problems at all.

#3 6 years ago

This is lame of Stern, it is so they can track the price from the distributors.

#4 6 years ago

I bought a new GB pro last year during that promo, but never got a coupon. I then asked Stern about it (twice) on their facebook page and got ignored.

Rob

#5 6 years ago

Stay tuned!

#6 6 years ago

I got a Stern 'Dirty Donny' t-shirt when my distributor 'Nitro' delivered my new AC/DC last week.

#7 6 years ago

I bought my B66LE,and GB/PRe online money transfer,and requested a T-shirt! Nothing! Even my goodie bag for my GB/PRE was supposed to have a cute little desk sign,you pop together,well,all the parts weren't there! Again,nada!

#8 6 years ago

That's a rip. I bought a used Harley from the dealership and got two t-shirts! Picked them out while I was there.

#9 6 years ago

Never got my shirt.

#10 6 years ago

They could probably ship you the blank shirts and then ship you the artwork later so you can finish it yourself.

#11 6 years ago

I got one when I redeemed the offer included with my Tron LE...

#12 6 years ago

Got a ghostbusters premium and Sent two emails with the offer and never got my shirt. Got ignored both times.

#13 6 years ago

Good to know I'm not the only one. I am due multiple tshirts from this promotion. Sent my proof of purchase and tshirt size to that email address and got nothing every time. Follow up email ignored.

#14 6 years ago

Stern had a similar promotion when the Metallica pins were introduced. I sent Stern my flyer promotion filled out with all of my mailing info and a copy of my sales receipt for the Metallica LE . I never recieved anything. I then sent them a copy of everything that I sent them the first time but explained to them that I never received my shirt, and still got nothing. Not a letter , e mail or a phone call.
    I guess a customer that has bought several NIB games from them is not worth their time to send a shirt out to.... even when it's a promotion that THEY were promoting to their NIB customers.

#15 6 years ago

I received a shirt for Metallica. They ran out of the Metallica designed ones to my dismay, vastly under-producing them as DD and JY are famous for doing with their merchandise, but they did send a different shirt. It takes time.

#16 6 years ago

I sent two emails, with sales receipt, after purchasing my GB premium. No shirt, no response. Nothing. Lame as hell.

#17 6 years ago

I think Stern is in a position where they could probably do a lot more to interact with their customers and provide promotional freebies when you buy NIB. It would go a long way to improving their image to the NIB purchaser. Well, they kind of already do with the promo plastics included with the game, but that doesn't make your brand more visible. People wearing Stern T-Shirts certainly does more in that regard. Include a free, unique LG or XL t-shirt with each LE purchase for example. Add some value back to the LE purchases because that's slowly becoming a joke.

Rob

#18 6 years ago

I never heard anything back when I bought my GB Pro either...didn't even bother sending in the PoP for my GB Premium. Frankly, with the way they have been handling quality and costumer concerns I am okay not to be advertising their logo on my shirt.

On the flip side, American Pinball has been giving away tons of shirts at the shows and I didn't even need to buy their machine

#19 6 years ago

Sent mine in after I bought my GBLE and all I got were 2 bad inserts and a chipped up shooterlane. I kid, I kid!!! BTW, that apparently wasn't enough for a populated playfield exchange. Still waiting on my t-shirt though.

#20 6 years ago

I spent $8K on a new pinball machine, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt? Well, excluding the new pin, of course. Just seems kind of funny to me that a $10 shirt is what they use to close the deal, and from what I am reading here it seems like they are many times not even coming through for the buyers.

#21 6 years ago

reminds me of this one

bk2000 (resized).jpgbk2000 (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

Stern has a tracking and surveillance device built into their machines. If you so much as open a thread here that is any way negative in regards to Stern they put you on the no T-Shirt list.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Stern has a tracking and surveillance device built into their machines. If you so much as open a thread here that is any way negative in regards to Stern they put you on the no T-Shirt list.

I am sure Stern (i.e. probably Jared who lives on social media) has a database of "pinside bad mouthers." People like Hilton are in this database because they have made negative statements about Stern. I am probably in this database as well.

Remember when we all thought it was great when Jared first got a job with Stern? How he was going to represent the voice of the collector/enthusiast community to bring balance to Stern's rampant cost-cutting and profiteering?

And Jared if you are reading this - no offense to you personally. Just my observations and opinions about Stern as a company.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I am sure Stern (i.e. probably Jared who lives on social media) has a database of "pinside bad mouthers." People like Hilton are in this database because they have made negative statements about Stern. I am probably in this database as well.
    Remember when we all thought it was great when Jared first got a job with Stern? How he was going to represent the voice of the collector/enthusiast community to bring balance to Stern's rampant cost-cutting and profiteering?
    And Jared if you are reading this - no offense to you personally. Just my observations and opinions about Stern as a company.

Yeah I remember. That lasted like three months. Stern doesn't give a s*it about their customers. Anyone who says otherwise is blinded by the blinky lights.

#25 6 years ago

I got one--the seams all split, the graphics faded and it shrunk two sizes after the first wash...

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

People like Hilton are in this database because they have made negative statements about Stern. I am probably in this database as well.

I seriously doubt that.

Much easy to keep a list of people whom have never said anything bad aboot Stern: I don't even think Ice is on that list. It's a fortune cookie sized piece of paper that says "Whodey" on it.

#27 6 years ago

It would be cool if they just put your shirt in the box with the machine or send the shirts to the distributors to send to their customers.

#28 6 years ago

Sent in a receipt, got nothing.

As Boondocker stated, after I did it and got nothing I figured it was a way for Stern to snoop on what their distributors were actually charging. The way they've brought the hammer down on them helps confirm this. I now wish I hadn't sent in the info.

#29 6 years ago

"Give 'em a T-shirt already, will ya?"

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Sent in a receipt, got nothing.
    As Boondocker stated, after I did it and got nothing I figured it was a way for Stern to snoop on what their distributors were actually charging. The way they've brought the hammer down on them helps confirm this. I now wish I hadn't sent in the info.

Interesting theory. But why not follow through on sending the shirts? Why devise a clever way to snoop and call attention to it by being totally incompetent with fufillment? I don't really care about the shirt - I would have worn it - but not getting it just reinforced my believe that Stern isn't really interested in end users.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Interesting theory. But why not follow through on sending the shirts?

I don't know other than incompetence or one hand not knowing what the other is doing. But I do know they've really put the screws to their distributors regarding their pricing.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I don't know other than incompetence or one hand not knowing what the other is doing. But I do know they've really put the screws to their distributors regarding their pricing.

You're looking at this the wrong way. MAP keeps prices competitive for ALL dealers and prevents the bigger ones from pricing the smaller ones out of business. That's why companies like Stern and Horizon Hobby (for example) have MAP pricing now.

Rob

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

but not getting it just reinforced my believe that Stern isn't really interested in end users.

I think they are, just not to the level we would hope for. The brand promotion feels a bit stale lately with nothing exciting (we know of) on the horizon. And their facebook updates have been quite far and few between for a long time.

Sooner or later one company is going to get these games internet connected which will open up a whole new avenue of possibilities. Golden Tee and some of those dart games have had it for a long time. No reason pinball shouldn't either.

Rob

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

You're looking at this the wrong way. MAP keeps prices competitive for ALL dealers and prevents the bigger ones from pricing the smaller ones out of business.

We're not talking about MAP. MAP = minimum advertised pricing. With MAP, sellers have to advertise the minimum price, but they are free to actually charge less. But Stern is forcing a minimum price, distributors are not allowed to go below it. That is not MAP.

There's a little more to it, but I've probably already said enough.

#35 6 years ago

It is rather sad how they interact with their end users. I would just like what was promised - two t-shirts for the two NIB games I submitted receipts for.

#36 6 years ago

The only tshirt I ever saw wasn't really stern. It was stern where's the code. I was laughing.

https://goo.gl/images/qRa2W9

#37 6 years ago

#WheresTheTShirt

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

#WheresTheTShirt

Put that on a shirt and blow some minds.

#39 6 years ago

I got mine after buying my GB in about a week. I know I'm definitely in the minority though.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I got mine after buying my GB in about a week. I know I'm definitely in the minority though.

I gave up on mine after sending about 3 emails about it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buy-a-new-stern-get-a-t-shirt?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.