(Topic ID: 262712)

Upset and stupid? Or making a valid statement? on purchase.

By Porkfritter

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MAD.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

only you can make the decision and you'd then have to live with it.
    If it was me. I would be offended that he thought that I was a tire kicker and then also trying to lowball him when we already agreed upon a price.

And for me. I try not to forget something I promise someone. Things can slip peoples minds.
    But, what is worrisome to me at least. Is how he handled it when he was reminded and shown proof.

I think even if he still agreed to the original terms and sold you the game for the discounted price, you'd have to deal with him being angry or bitter about it.
    This will poison the well for league night, and who knows how many fellow leaguers will be off put by this. Some might even side with him and view you in the negative light...

Now, if none of this matters, and if no one else's opinion of you matters to yourself. Then I say good for you. And take the discounted pin. But, I would probably walk away. If it was me. Or I'd ask him. Okay... Well, you apparently don't like the original price we agreed upon. What is your new price. Let him quote you on a new price. And if you don't like it, and its too high. Just say... "Thanks, but no thanks", and go look for a different deal.

I just think its not worth it for all the side eyed looks you get, and then when/if you ever sell it, he might then also find that as an opportunity to raise another stink. Imagine if you sold it for the same or more money than when you bought it. He might come to you with his hands out stretched asking for his cut of your sale.

Just thoughts, but you do what you think is right. You're the one who has to live with it.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Don't assign blame to yourself.
    Are you a schmuck ? Yes - do something about it to unschmuck yourself. No - his problem. Don't worry about it or waste another second on it.
    LTG : )

Go un-schmuck yourself!

LOL... Good advice, but perhaps a better catchphrase.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

A schmuck you say?
    At least he didn't call you a jabroni.

If he did. I'd put him in a camel clutch!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from gurl_friday11:

Honestly I’ve bought and sold pins to people who are jerks or whatever. I think the important part is both of you to agree on the deal. If you can’t agree then kill the deal without the drama. Either way it is my prediction you both will live. Too many pins and too many good people in pinball for the aggravation or nonsense. I’m surprised the seller can split a Two pin deal down the middle because that’s gotta be rare. Must be sterns

Its my prediction that both will DIE... ... ... Eventually. Hopefully many good years filled with bitching and complaining and posting on silly internet forums about deals that never got made!

Very entertaining this thread... Now, where is my popcorn. Nom, nom, nom!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I’m calling you and the seller both schmucks since it got this far and you created a thread about it. Stop the drama and move on. Who cares. There’s always another machine to buy.

Unless you're out of space in your house... That has to be the worst feeling. Time to annex the neighbors house and declare it yours in the name of PINBALL!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/butthurt-and-stupid-or-making-a-valid-statement-on-purchase?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.