(Topic ID: 262712)

Upset and stupid? Or making a valid statement? on purchase.

By Porkfritter

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MAD.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

Hi friends! I always like to double check myself, well, just because.... I don't like to be a turd. . . and I know I can be. .
    I was going to buy a current Stern pinball machine from someone I play with at league, and although we don't always agree on everything and are often competitors, I always felt there was a pretty high level of mutual respect. I've bought about 10 pins in the past with no issues from pinsiders/friends. I asked for a couple weeks to get the money arranged and transferred so I could paypal the entire total, both our preferred payment method. When I got to transfer the money the price he asked was not what we agreed upon and I explained that I didn't want it if the agreed upon price was not still valid and that there must have been a misunderstanding.
    Before given the opportunity to discuss it, I was pretty much told that he had always thought I'd be a schmuck and back out. . . it wasn't until I showed him where we had chatted about it on Facebook that he agreed he had offered it to me at a discounted price, but was still pretty curt about the whole situation and was sure as hell not taking back the thoughts about my schmukiness. . . but he'd honor that price now
    at this point I am like, I don't even want HIS game. . even if it is a decent deal. . do people really forget they offered a discount? did he have to insinuate that he thought I was always a schmuck and would just back out anyways?
    I figure at this point what is an extra few $$ to just get a game with better JUJU surrounding it from someone else. . . ? ? ? when a simple, sorry, it was a misunderstanding would have squashed it all rather than doubling down on me being a schmuck. . and saying he guessed he'd honor the price?
    i guess I am a schmuck, but my money spends. . . LoL am I wrong for saying thanks, but unnecessary salvos fired, no thanks?

I bet this story is even more interesting in English!

1 year later
    #77 2 years ago

I have read the original post and the ones made in the past 24 hours and I basically have zero idea what this thread is about.

How did you guys crack the code?!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/butthurt-and-stupid-or-making-a-valid-statement-on-purchase?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.