(Topic ID: 262712)

Upset and stupid? Or making a valid statement? on purchase.

By Porkfritter

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MAD.gif
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

You forgot to include...

Has playfield "dimpling" been mentioned yet? (y or n): User Input is (n).
    **********************************************************************************
    Automated Message: Thread not yet completed, Continue

#52 4 years ago

There is no schmuck-gate here. Re-read the OP's post and it says "I was pretty much told that he had always thought I'd be a schmuck and back out".

Pretty harsh to call yourself a schmuck.

#53 4 years ago

Was kinda neat to see the other half of schmuck-gate come and tell their side. OP never mentions all the time he took to gather up funds. Maybe the OP was on to something by considering himself a schmuck.

Here is my 2 cents worth of Dr. Phil's advice:

Guys, go to league and figure it out like a couple of men.

#54 4 years ago

since OP isn't coming back for rebuttal, i guess the schmuckgate was all a farce.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

since OP isn't coming back for rebuttal, i guess the schmuckgate was all a farce.

Or he's undergoing the painful unschmucking procedure.

LTG : )

#56 4 years ago

THIS was DEFINITELY some good bedtime reading! lol Like a good book I truly hate to see it end. lol I bid you all good juju!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Or he's undergoing the painful unschmucking procedure.
    LTG : )

#58 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #59 4 years ago

Why would you ask a question about a seller who is clearly on Pinside if you wanted the deal to possibly go through in the first place? If anything you possibly burned a bridge going forward. Pinball is a small tight community.

#60 4 years ago

Just dropping by to say - I haven’t logged in for years but I came back and read this thread.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

Just dropping by to say - I haven’t logged in for years but I came back and read this thread.

That's what I love about Pinside, man. I get older, it stays the same age.

#62 4 years ago

Don't take it so personally. I assume every person I'm dealing with is some sort of schmuck-douche. Keeping the bar low ensures my expectations are constantly being met.

#63 4 years ago

I’m calling you and the seller both schmucks since it got this far and you created a thread about it. Stop the drama and move on. Who cares. There’s always another machine to buy.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I’m calling you and the seller both schmucks since it got this far and you created a thread about it. Stop the drama and move on. Who cares. There’s always another machine to buy.

Unless you're out of space in your house... That has to be the worst feeling. Time to annex the neighbors house and declare it yours in the name of PINBALL!

#65 4 years ago

The best thing would be to find the same machine somewhere else at a lower price and buy that one...
    Then, someone else can determine who the shmuck is, while you play the game you wanted in the 1st place.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I get older, it stays the same age.

Nice Wooderson quote! Love that movie!

1 year later
    #67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

The best thing would be to find the same machine somewhere else at a lower price and buy that one...
    Then, someone else can determine who the shmuck is, while you play the game you wanted in the 1st place.

1 year update. . . that is what I did.... just got the same game, cheaper, with more options and a better price....

A mutual friend of a friend bought both games from the original seller at an agreed price so he got his games sold and I think all parties are happy....

neither the original seller or perspective buyer has to have anything to do with each other and that is awesome....

The world is once whole again... Happy flipping all!!!

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

1 year update. . . that is what I did.... just got the same game, cheaper, with more options and a better price....
    A mutual friend of a friend bought both games from the original seller at an agreed price so he got his games sold and I think all parties are happy....
    neither the original seller or perspective buyer has to have anything to do with each other and that is awesome....

After reading the seller rebuttal with conveniently missing details (and your lack of response) I think it's clear who was in the wrong here. Either way glad it worked out.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

After reading the seller rebuttal with conveniently missing details (and your lack of response) I think it's clear who was in the wrong here. Either way glad it worked out.

...and we all learned that he truly is a schmuck, and that really was kinda the point of the thread anyway, no?

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and we all learned that he truly is a schmuck, and that really was kinda the point of the thread anyway, no?

Why don't you stick to arguing with me that your Led Zeppelin LE is the best game ever in a different thread. . . but overjoyed you think enough of me to add your 2 cents almost every post I make now. . .

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I was asked by a close friend who knows both parties to let it go. . . I don't agree with all things seller posted. . . but if I have to take the L, so be it. . .

OS got his games sold for what he wanted. . . that is all that matters. . .

I've purchased 20 some used game with no issue, and by the size of OS collection he has most likely done the same. .

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

Why don't you stick to arguing with me that your Led Zeppelin LE is the best game ever in a different thread. . . but overjoyed you think enough of me to add your 2 cents almost every post I make now. . .

I don't at all, but pleased you have such wonderful self-esteem. I just can't believe you resurrected this thread for no reason when it went nowhere the first time...and didn't wind up making you look very good.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

neither the original seller or perspective buyer has to have anything to do with each other

It’s “Prospective”, as in “this buyer is a prospect”. As an aside, does Indiana have “Florida Man”-like news stories very often? I’m genuinely curious.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

This post sounds a little schmucky

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't at all, but pleased you have such wonderful self-esteem. I just can't believe you resurrected this thread for no reason when it went nowhere the first time...and didn't wind up making you look very good.

I hadn't been active on Pinside and I thought the polite thing to do was mark the Forum resolved. . . I think it was obvious by other peoples comments that I was equally or MORE in the wrong. . . all I can do is accept that and not make the same mistakes I did in the past. . .

Not learning anything would be the true schmuck end in all this.... just because I and the original seller don't have anything to do with each other, isn't a bad thing. . it means we have both moved on and didn't keep anything on going. . .

In the long run, I got my game, he sold his for what he wanted. . .

I posted asking for feedback... I got it. . . and accepted the constructive and not so much criticism. . . If that still makes original opinions of me the same, so be it. . . as far as your opinion of me.... I don't care. . .

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Porkfritter:

as far as your opinion of me.... I don't care. . .

Hey! We finally agree!

#77 2 years ago

I have read the original post and the ones made in the past 24 hours and I basically have zero idea what this thread is about.

How did you guys crack the code?!

#78 2 years ago

Excessive...and...out...of...context... ellipses...are...a...little...schmucky...

#79 2 years ago
    #80 2 years ago

Cash on glass or fuck off. End of story.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/butthurt-and-stupid-or-making-a-valid-statement-on-purchase/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.