3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg
Butch CGC.pdf (PDF preview)
20200514_124653 (resized).jpg
20200514_124609 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5774 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5750 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago

Met Butch twice at shows. He seemed like a super nice, chill guy. He just helped me fix an issue a week ago!

His manuals boosted my perception of JJP games as 'world class'. Even when the NIB games arrived broken or with ridiculously bad issues, his positive attitude and my trust in JJP support helped maintain my positive feelings about my purchases.

Not sure how or why this happened, but my perception of JJP is lesser for it.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I’ve heard all sorts of horror stories about pat. I’ve heard that Pat is the one who pulled the plug on the spinning disc on pirates, the chest Mod, and said they were unreliable... but they had fully operational and fully working and reliable mechs at the time of that decision. Everything was coded and ready to go. I wasn’t told this directly but from what I gathered is there was some serious jealously with Eric and his game. Especially after Pats flopped dialed in.... (sales wise) the monkey thing on WOZ was because Pat wanted to reuse old cabinets and that Mech didn’t fit into the game. Was never about making it more reliable or anything like that. Sell for more and give less is Pats model sadly. Also heard pat dislikes wide bodies.. doesn’t make sense why he now dislikes them unless it’s all tied to the bottom dollar. I’m don’t know if we will ever see a wide body again from jjp. Jjp was started on wide bodied epic pins with tons of shots and mechs that made your draw drop. Now we get a spinning Gob stopper in a standard body cab... Some people are excited Pat is working on toy story. (Dream theme of mine) I’m very saddened by it actually. I know it will not be a true jjp game as we knew them from the old days. I’ve also heard that working with him is a pain in the butt. When you couple what I’ve personally heard from peoples mouths with all the rumors flying around it’s not hard to believe it as fact.

If half of this is true, they let the wrong guy go.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

story that Pat Lawlor is some kind of insecure egomaniac control-freak who was so threatened by Eric's 3 spinning discs that he squashed the production of POTC, took over the company, convinced Abess to move the factory half way across the country and fired Butch.

It's a small insular industry and after 33 years in the business, throngs of co-workers will rush to Pat's defense. They will share story after story about Lawlor being a kind team-player (just like Butch!). And Eric's G'NR will exceed POTC's greatness due to Pat's great mentor-ship and support.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#87 3 years ago

Nah. He's right about most things, particularly marketing. He's wrong often too, particularly his opinions. Sometimes the truth hurts.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

.... what will we do without him?

I think you're taking a guy's pinball podcast too seriously. Don't pre-order an Alien! Mind you, Butch lost his job, so the last few topics were indeed serious.

Quoted from drfrightner:

But to stay on the topic here... he had NO BUSINESS highlighting a personal situation between a company and an employee. That is a personal matter between the two parties. Low blow if you ask me! Shows just what kind of class this guy has.

Perhaps... but with the internet and social media, every person has a platform and voice (sadly). Look at us here!
And I've been dying to better understand JJP decisions and behavior the past year. They are confusing to me and I'm concerned. The pinball podcaster's theories align with 'others' and are the best explanation I've heard yet. I would love it if someone 'with the facts' could address mistakes. I care about the JJP company because I'm heavily invested in their products and support. I can't wait to buy Eric's next game and I'd like to believe he will be given proper support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/butch-peel-appreciation-thread?tu=Reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.