3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg
Butch CGC.pdf (PDF preview)
20200514_124653 (resized).jpg
20200514_124609 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5774 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5750 (resized).JPG

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

I have to say, my personal experiences with Butch have been great. Any issue that we had with any of our JJP purchases were handled in a manner that is usually not expected in today's world, with a personal touch. I bought 8 Wonka's knowing I would have the support of Butch behind these machines. I have talked to Butch many times, had lunch/dinner with him many times. Gary from Abel Electronics has coordinated lunches at shows with myself, Keith and Butch and I gotta say, I hope by some stretch that can continue when everything is behind us. My girls always remembered Butch from IAAPA, I remember reviewing some pictures and Butch was looking over my oldest daughters shoulder watching her flip the ball around. When you make that sort of impression, you have made your mark at this company. Butch, thank you for being a true asset to my business, my family activities, and my life in coin op. I truly appreciate all your efforts to help me and if you need anything, give us a ring. Hope to see you again when the virus blows over and things begin to normalize. Thank you BUTCH!!

#102 3 years ago

Butch is one of those guys who is generous of his time to help others. He didn’t know me or owe me yet he spent a lot of time with me on the phone helping me understand the process of touching up and clearcoating. Can’t even count the times he’s helped with tech problems at JJP. If good things happen to good people I would expect Butch will be just fine! Good luck Butch!

#103 3 years ago

Butch is by far one of the best techs in the business. He never gives up until the game is up and running. He has provided me some of the best tech support out there. Anytime of the day I could contact Butch and he would support me. He is irreplaceable in my mind. He was a huge asset to JJP. I’m stunned that he his no longer with JJP. Just a downright great person to deal with and be around. I can’t say enough good things about Butch. I will miss him tremendously.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Butch is by far one of the best techs in the business. He never gives up until the game is up and running. He has provided me some of the best tech support out there. Anytime of the day I could contact Butch and he would support me. He is irreplaceable in my mind. He was a huge asset to JJP. I’m stunned that he his no longer with JJP. Just a downright great person to deal with and be around. I can’t say enough good things about Butch. I will miss him tremendously.

Dedication to the product was unparalleled!

#105 3 years ago

JJP should hire Butch ... too soon? Butch is a great asset and company spokesman. Wish he was still at JJP, but life moves on. I’d hire him if I owned a pinball company. I do not, and alas cannot. Butch Peel for President.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJP should hire Butch ... too soon? Butch is a great asset and company spokesman. Wish he was still at JJP, but life moves on. I’d hire him if I owned a pinball company. I do not, and alas cannot. Butch Peel for President.

JJP should hire Butch ... Wish he was still at JJP?

Did you mean to write that?

1 week later
#107 3 years ago

I needed to find a mounting screw for a Dialed In opto board (have one missing) as it was causing issues with shots at the SIM card hole not being detected. I pulled out the manual for the game and was easily able to find the part I needed. To say the manual is detailed is an understatement, items are covered literally down to the screw. I don't think any other company in pinball is doing this type of detailed manual work.

Its things like this that make JJP standout above their competitors and makes it all the more puzzling to me why someone like Butch was let go.

Thanks Butch!

Update: Picked up screw from Home Depot and the problem is now resolved!

20200514_124609 (resized).jpg20200514_124609 (resized).jpg
20200514_124653 (resized).jpg20200514_124653 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I needed to find a mounting screw for a Dialed In opto board (have one missing) as it was causing issues with shots at the SIM card hole not being detected. I pulled out the manual for the game and was easily able to find the part I needed. To say the manual is detailed is an understatement, items are covered literally down to the screw. I don't think any other company in pinball is doing this type of detailed manual work.
Its things like this that make JJP standout above their competitors and makes it all the more puzzling to me why someone like Butch was let go.
Thanks Butch!
Update: Picked up screw from Home Depot and the problem is now resolved!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those manuals couldn't be better!

#110 3 years ago

Think he landed on his feet, at Chicago Gaming

#111 3 years ago

Kaneda is reporting that Butch has been hired by Chicago Gaming Company as their Lead Service Engineer.
JJP's loss is CGC's huge gain.

#112 3 years ago

Pinaholic for the win!

#113 3 years ago

I just ordered a MMr. It’s my way of letting CGC know they did the right thing hiring Butch. Great move CGC!

#114 3 years ago

Yesterday I had to fix a pop bumper on TH. In looking for some video help came across Butch's JJP videos.... he even did tech videos! The one I watched was clear, concise and visually easy to understand. His contributions are invaluable. Very glad to hear he found a home at CGC.

#115 3 years ago

This is Amazing News!
Congrats Butch! Still cant believe JJP F'd this up.
Now maybe these remakes can get released a little quicker.

#116 3 years ago

Glad Butch found a good home. And I'll still be working with him !

LTG : )

#117 3 years ago

Great news! CGC respect just went up for me.

#118 3 years ago

Thanks to Franchi and Kaneda for helping find Butch a good home! Butch, you are not only an amazing engineer and employee, you are one hell of a human being..... and that goes a very long way in my books! CGC Is an amazing company and after spending some time there, I can honestly say this is the best marriage in pinball for quite some time! Congrats to both CGC and Butch

#119 3 years ago

Congrats Butch!

#120 3 years ago

This news could absolutely not be better. Butch is at Chi Gaming and I can't wait to see him at IAAPA. Thank you so much for having the stars align and bring Butch back to where he deserves to be. Congrats Butch and family. See you soon!

#121 3 years ago

Butch out of JJP is a definite loss for JJP. He made AMAZING manuals for them. The best in the industry, bar-none. Glad he ended up at CGC without much downtime, though.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Butch out of JJP is a definite loss for JJP. He made AMAZING manuals for them. The best in the industry, bar-none. Glad he ended up at CGC without much downtime, though.

I couldn't agree more. Not only are they best manuals in pinball, they are the best technical manuals for ANY PRODUCT that I've laid eyes on.

#123 3 years ago

I love JJP, but I will never understand why they would let such a talented professional in every way go. Talk about losing a true All Star....

If anything should happen to Lloyd the Great then they have declared war....

#124 3 years ago

I just want to take a minute to confirm that Butch Peel is now a part of the Chicago Gaming Team.
Please join us in welcoming him to Chicago Gaming Company.

Butch CGC.pdfButch CGC.pdf
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I just want to take a minute to confirm that Butch Peel is now a part of the Chicago Gaming Team.
Please join us in welcoming him to Chicago Gaming Company.[quoted image]

Congrats to CGC and Butch!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Is he going to create new manuals (essentially re-do Williams/Bally manuals with much better resolution and detail) for the pins you release? He's a manual-making God.

#127 3 years ago

Excellent move.

Thank you Ryan and Chicago Gaming. I'm glad Butch got a good home. And I look forward to working with him !

#128 3 years ago

Well what are we have here! Smells like victory. Good luck Chicago Gaming, you just got yourself one hell of an Engineer. Can’t wait to see what you all do together.

3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg

#129 3 years ago

Thank you CGC-Ryan for the outstanding news!

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Quoted from Skypilot:

Well what are we have here! Smells like victory. Good luck Chicago Gaming, you just got yourself one hell of an Engineer. Can’t wait to see what you all do together.
[quoted image]

Such a great highlight of news to share!

Thanks to all, and a B-i-G congratulations to Butch and CGC for a fantastic move forward for both parties!

#131 3 years ago

Something good happening to someone good, sometimes life IS fair! Congrats from New York Pinball Butch!

#132 3 years ago

Time to buy an extra Royal!

1 month later
#133 3 years ago

Loserkid podcast just released an excellent interview with Butch. He mentions how much this thread helped him when he was unceremoniously fired from JJP.

Highly recommended listen.

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-40-new-horizons-with-butch-peel

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Loserkid podcast just released an excellent interview with Butch. He mentions how much this thread helped him when he was unceremoniously fired from JJP.
https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-40-new-horizons-with-butch-peel

Wow, I thought he left JJP. Didn't know he was fired. All I know is he makes FANTASTIC technical manuals for pins. I hope JJP knows how hard it will be to find someone to replace him that works at that level.

#135 3 years ago

Thank you for the link; a good listen so far. Butch Peel talk starts at ~5-6 minutes in.

I would not have thought this thread would have had a big impact, but glad to be surprised in this case. Even better to know CGC reached out to Butch so soon after the JJP firing (which sounded about as awful as I would expect... random phone call, and IT staff start locking you out as they let you know you no longer work for them...).

Quoted from PismoArcade:

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Thank you for the link; a good listen so far. Butch Peel talk starts at ~5-6 minutes in.
I would not have thought this thread would have had a big impact, but glad to be surprised in this case. Even better to know CGC reached out to Butch so soon after the JJP firing (which sounded about as awful as I would expect... random phone call, and IT staff start locking you out as they let you know you no longer work for them...).

Thanks for the timestamp! I was about 3 minutes in on the way into work, and already irked with their endless intro. Definitely miss Kaneda's no BS style.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

the JJP firing (which sounded about as awful as I would expect... random phone call, and IT staff start locking you out as they let you know you no longer work for them...).

This made me sad for Butch. I lost a lot of respect for JJP but like Butch says in the podcast, it's an entirely different company from when he started.

Still, it would have been nice if Jack called him personally to break the news. Sounds like it was devastating for Butch.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

This made me sad for Butch. I lost a lot of respect for JJP but like Butch says in the podcast, it's an entirely different company from when he started.
Still, it would have been nice if Jack called him personally to break the news. Sounds like it was devastating for Butch.

Or maybe this new young buck "owner"....

Jack seems like a placeholder at this point, and it's sad and absurd for neither of them to talk with him directly, or for it to happen at all.

Awful AND nauseating.

#139 3 years ago

It's a shame to hear how Butch was let go after his years of service at JJP. Butch helped establish JJP as a pinball company that was out to do something different with that being making high quality loaded games with no compromises. When I met Butch at a Michigan Pinball Expo years ago while I awaited my WOZ I thought "I'm happy to be buying a product from a company that has people like that working there".

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a shame to hear how Butch was let go after his years of service at JJP. Butch helped establish JJP as a pinball company that was out to do something different with that being making high quality loaded games with no compromises. When I met Butch at a Michigan Pinball Expo years ago while I awaited my WOZ I thought "I'm happy to be buying a product from a company that has people like that working there".

Well, and excluding Joe, Keith and Eric, a lot of their original crew, line workers, David Thiel, Butch and Shannon with parts are all gone.

They've lost a ton of essential people.

LTG is at least there too..!

Is Steve with tech support still around?

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well, and excluding Joe, Keith and Eric, a lot of their original crew, line workers, David Thiel, Butch and Shannon with parts are all gone.
They've lost a ton of essential people.
LTG is at least there too..!

Frank's gone, too, and he was great for tech help.

But they picked up Barry from AP, and he's fantastic, big loss for AP. So, it's not all exits for JJP.

EDIT: Maybe it is. Barry's gone already.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes.

1 year later
#143 1 year ago

Bumping this thread because his excellent manual work is being appreciated in another thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/435#post-6955247

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Bumping this thread because his excellent manual work is being appreciated in another thread.

And he's alive and well and with Chicago Gaming Company. We've already seen his seminar at Texas Pinball Festival. Makes waiting for his first CGC manual that much harder.

#145 1 year ago

I was impressed with his seminar at TPF.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

If anything should happen to Lloyd the Great then they have declared war....

Reviewing old bumped thread.
This quote didn't age well.
I'm beginning to think JJP didn't like some of Lloyd's comments.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This quote didn't age well.
I'm beginning to think JJP didn't like some of Lloyd's comments.

I searched this thread and none of my comments looked jjp offensive. Mostly hoping the best for Butch.

Though we may never know for sure why. They did seem to get rid of the old guard. jack and jen and Steve and Ken are about all that is left.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I searched this thread and none of my comments looked jjp offensive. Mostly hoping the best for Butch.
Though we may never know for sure why. They did seem to get rid of the old guard. jack and jen and Steve and Ken are about all that is left.

I agree Lloyd. You were always nothing But respectful to JJP.
It still boggles my mind.
Had great communication with Ken a month back. Helped me get a part for my Hobbit Black Arrow.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Going through it made me realize my jjp collection in storage is bigger than I thought. Tech sign, jjp neon sign, big box ( 2'X4'by 4 inches ) I never opened, and some jjp T Shirts including a rare team member, POTC, and sweatshirt.

#150 1 year ago

As long as this thread is going again, I met Butch in the very early days of JJP's existence, and it was via email. We almost instantly became friends and when Jack told me that he had decided to hire Butch I was thrilled. Rarely have I met a person so dedicated, so passionate, so straight up wonderful as Butch. Loves pinball and spends his time (when not with his family) thinking of how to do his job better or coming up with a new way to do a support video or something else to help the cause and make things better for the customer. Were I to found my own company, he would be hired before I figured out what the company would do. He's also fun as heck at shows, company and friendly meals (Lloyd can attest to that) and is flat out hilarious. A great friend and a great guy who (although he doesn't talk about it much) has more awards on his shelves than I have shelves dating back to his 30 plus year career attached to the military. Talk about electronics and engineering, some of the stuff he has worked on is just slightly more important than pinball and because of him and his crews, there are people walking around in some places that might not otherwise be; an all around wonderful guy, and Chicago Gaming is better off with him on it's payroll for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
10,000 (Firm)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/butch-peel-appreciation-thread/page/3?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.