Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg
Butch CGC.pdf (PDF preview)
20200514_124653 (resized).jpg
20200514_124609 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5774 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5750 (resized).JPG

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 72 days ago

I have to say, my personal experiences with Butch have been great. Any issue that we had with any of our JJP purchases were handled in a manner that is usually not expected in today's world, with a personal touch. I bought 8 Wonka's knowing I would have the support of Butch behind these machines. I have talked to Butch many times, had lunch/dinner with him many times. Gary from Abel Electronics has coordinated lunches at shows with myself, Keith and Butch and I gotta say, I hope by some stretch that can continue when everything is behind us. My girls always remembered Butch from IAAPA, I remember reviewing some pictures and Butch was looking over my oldest daughters shoulder watching her flip the ball around. When you make that sort of impression, you have made your mark at this company. Butch, thank you for being a true asset to my business, my family activities, and my life in coin op. I truly appreciate all your efforts to help me and if you need anything, give us a ring. Hope to see you again when the virus blows over and things begin to normalize. Thank you BUTCH!!

#102 71 days ago

Butch is one of those guys who is generous of his time to help others. He didn’t know me or owe me yet he spent a lot of time with me on the phone helping me understand the process of touching up and clearcoating. Can’t even count the times he’s helped with tech problems at JJP. If good things happen to good people I would expect Butch will be just fine! Good luck Butch!

#103 70 days ago

Butch is by far one of the best techs in the business. He never gives up until the game is up and running. He has provided me some of the best tech support out there. Anytime of the day I could contact Butch and he would support me. He is irreplaceable in my mind. He was a huge asset to JJP. I’m stunned that he his no longer with JJP. Just a downright great person to deal with and be around. I can’t say enough good things about Butch. I will miss him tremendously.

#104 70 days ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Butch is by far one of the best techs in the business. He never gives up until the game is up and running. He has provided me some of the best tech support out there. Anytime of the day I could contact Butch and he would support me. He is irreplaceable in my mind. He was a huge asset to JJP. I’m stunned that he his no longer with JJP. Just a downright great person to deal with and be around. I can’t say enough good things about Butch. I will miss him tremendously.

Dedication to the product was unparalleled!

#105 70 days ago

JJP should hire Butch ... too soon? Butch is a great asset and company spokesman. Wish he was still at JJP, but life moves on. I’d hire him if I owned a pinball company. I do not, and alas cannot. Butch Peel for President.

#106 66 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJP should hire Butch ... too soon? Butch is a great asset and company spokesman. Wish he was still at JJP, but life moves on. I’d hire him if I owned a pinball company. I do not, and alas cannot. Butch Peel for President.

JJP should hire Butch ... Wish he was still at JJP?

Did you mean to write that?

1 week later
#107 60 days ago

I needed to find a mounting screw for a Dialed In opto board (have one missing) as it was causing issues with shots at the SIM card hole not being detected. I pulled out the manual for the game and was easily able to find the part I needed. To say the manual is detailed is an understatement, items are covered literally down to the screw. I don't think any other company in pinball is doing this type of detailed manual work.

Its things like this that make JJP standout above their competitors and makes it all the more puzzling to me why someone like Butch was let go.

Thanks Butch!

Update: Picked up screw from Home Depot and the problem is now resolved!

20200514_124609 (resized).jpg
20200514_124653 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#109 44 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I needed to find a mounting screw for a Dialed In opto board (have one missing) as it was causing issues with shots at the SIM card hole not being detected. I pulled out the manual for the game and was easily able to find the part I needed. To say the manual is detailed is an understatement, items are covered literally down to the screw. I don't think any other company in pinball is doing this type of detailed manual work.
Its things like this that make JJP standout above their competitors and makes it all the more puzzling to me why someone like Butch was let go.
Thanks Butch!
Update: Picked up screw from Home Depot and the problem is now resolved!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those manuals couldn't be better!

#110 44 days ago

Think he landed on his feet, at Chicago Gaming

#111 44 days ago

Kaneda is reporting that Butch has been hired by Chicago Gaming Company as their Lead Service Engineer.
JJP's loss is CGC's huge gain.

#112 44 days ago

Pinaholic for the win!

#113 44 days ago

I just ordered a MMr. It’s my way of letting CGC know they did the right thing hiring Butch. Great move CGC!

#114 44 days ago

Yesterday I had to fix a pop bumper on TH. In looking for some video help came across Butch's JJP videos.... he even did tech videos! The one I watched was clear, concise and visually easy to understand. His contributions are invaluable. Very glad to hear he found a home at CGC.

#115 44 days ago

This is Amazing News!
Congrats Butch! Still cant believe JJP F'd this up.
Now maybe these remakes can get released a little quicker.

#116 44 days ago

Glad Butch found a good home. And I'll still be working with him !

LTG : )

#117 44 days ago

Great news! CGC respect just went up for me.

#118 44 days ago

Thanks to Franchi and Kaneda for helping find Butch a good home! Butch, you are not only an amazing engineer and employee, you are one hell of a human being..... and that goes a very long way in my books! CGC Is an amazing company and after spending some time there, I can honestly say this is the best marriage in pinball for quite some time! Congrats to both CGC and Butch

#119 43 days ago

Congrats Butch!

#120 43 days ago

This news could absolutely not be better. Butch is at Chi Gaming and I can't wait to see him at IAAPA. Thank you so much for having the stars align and bring Butch back to where he deserves to be. Congrats Butch and family. See you soon!

#121 41 days ago

Butch out of JJP is a definite loss for JJP. He made AMAZING manuals for them. The best in the industry, bar-none. Glad he ended up at CGC without much downtime, though.

#122 41 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Butch out of JJP is a definite loss for JJP. He made AMAZING manuals for them. The best in the industry, bar-none. Glad he ended up at CGC without much downtime, though.

I couldn't agree more. Not only are they best manuals in pinball, they are the best technical manuals for ANY PRODUCT that I've laid eyes on.

#123 40 days ago

I love JJP, but I will never understand why they would let such a talented professional in every way go. Talk about losing a true All Star....

If anything should happen to Lloyd the Great then they have declared war....

#124 38 days ago

I just want to take a minute to confirm that Butch Peel is now a part of the Chicago Gaming Team.
Please join us in welcoming him to Chicago Gaming Company.

Butch CGC.pdf
#125 38 days ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I just want to take a minute to confirm that Butch Peel is now a part of the Chicago Gaming Team.
Please join us in welcoming him to Chicago Gaming Company.[quoted image]

Congrats to CGC and Butch!

#126 38 days ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Is he going to create new manuals (essentially re-do Williams/Bally manuals with much better resolution and detail) for the pins you release? He's a manual-making God.

#127 38 days ago

Excellent move.

Thank you Ryan and Chicago Gaming. I'm glad Butch got a good home. And I look forward to working with him !

LTG : )

#128 38 days ago

Well what are we have here! Smells like victory. Good luck Chicago Gaming, you just got yourself one hell of an Engineer. Can’t wait to see what you all do together.

3D41C2DA-4446-4C9A-A08B-A0E37DD56651 (resized).jpeg

#129 38 days ago

Thank you cgc-ryan for the outstanding news!

#130 38 days ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Quoted from Skypilot:

Well what are we have here! Smells like victory. Good luck Chicago Gaming, you just got yourself one hell of an Engineer. Can’t wait to see what you all do together.
[quoted image]

Such a great highlight of news to share!

Thanks to all, and a B-i-G congratulations to Butch and CGC for a fantastic move forward for both parties!

#131 37 days ago

Something good happening to someone good, sometimes life IS fair! Congrats from New York Pinball Butch!

#132 37 days ago

Time to buy an extra Royal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Saint James, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside