Linked Games

Topic poll

“GB pro vs Kiss pro”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25giftCertificate224x2242 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

okay folks title says it all. Had Ghostbusters for a year now was looking to move on to something different.how does kiss pro compair .

#2 6 years ago

Who's Buster?

#3 6 years ago

No. No Kiss. Not even close. Stick with the Busters.

#4 6 years ago

25giftCertificate224x2242 (resized).JPG25giftCertificate224x2242 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Love that you like to switch it up in your pinball life, they are both fun to play, and that's what it's all about!

#6 6 years ago

If you're ready to move Ghostbusters, that's fine, but I highly suggest not getting KISS. KISS is a bit of a dog, and it's not nearly as easy to sell if it disappoints as some other games out there right now in similar price ranges.

But try and play a KISS and get some experience on it beyond just a first impression. Maybe it'll click with you. The code is pretty lame, and it's got some of the worst animations you'll ever see in pinball...probably the outright worst.

You have The Walking Dead on your wishlist. That would be a much better game to swap in for Ghostbusters, I feel.

#7 6 years ago

Kiss is a better game than Ghostbusters to play. But of course if you hate KISS and love the ghostbusters theme that won't do much for ya.

Quoted from jar155:

and it's got some of the worst animations you'll ever see in pinball...probably the outright worst.

This is a man who has never played Street Fighter 2.

#8 6 years ago

Kiss pro kicks ass imo

#9 6 years ago

If you're a fan you'll love KISS... be sure to play it loudly.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a man who has never played Street Fighter 2.

I have and I stand by my statement. KISS animations are the laziest of all time.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have and I stand by my statement. KISS animations are the laziest of all time.

Pretty lazy I agree. The game isnt that great either. Super boring. We have an LE in our office and it barely gets played. I would trade for a GB any day.

#12 6 years ago

Both are good games but i personally would get kiss because i like the toys in the game more and the theme.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They are lazy no doubt, but I have to agree with Levi here. KISS is bad, but it is just video rips that were pulled and some are more readable than others. I have owned an SF2 before and the animations are amazing awful. Think of just the character image from the Street Fighter 2 arcade game, then take that image and just put it on a black background and think of it animated randomly for about 3 frames. And in only those 3 frames the animation is still choppy and broken up. It is a superior poor effort for sure.

#14 6 years ago

Kiss pro has great art, fast/fun layout, and fantastic sound. But...... The code might be the worst in all of modern pinball. It's truly unfinished and detracts from the fun of the game "hugely."

I haven't played GB, so I can't compare the two. I will say there are countless games in the same price-point as Kiss that I would look into first.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Overall more , but the terror dog animation is the single lamest thing I have seen since original code GOT videa mode. Frikkkn Woody Allen running through a park... So bad

I guess Kiss but no thanks on either

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Overall more , but the terror dog animation is the single lamest thing I have seen since original code GOT videa mode. Frikkkn Woody Allen running through a park... So bad
I guess Kiss but no thanks on either

That animation is terrible. So are all the ones with the Ghostbusters themselves. You only see their backs and heads. GB's animation lacks personality & humor. Kiss's are lazy but at least they conceptually fit the theme.

#17 6 years ago

keep it coming folks . I fixed the title .

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

keep it coming folks . I fixed the title .

Maybe now you could fix the poll? It currently doesn't have any options.

#19 6 years ago

My recommendation is if you have even a slight interest in the theme, then go for it.

As a biased owner, I think it is a really fun game. The code gets a lot of negative comments, but IMHO it's a bit overblown. Take a read through the game rules and you'll see there is a bit more to it than it gets credit for. http://tiltforums.com/t/kiss-wiki-rulesheet/732. It is certainly playable as it is, but a final code update could really make it shine.

As already mentioned, the art is great, the shot flow is great and the sound quality is at Stern's best. One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is the great original callouts by Gene (and a lesser extent, Paul). If toys are important to you, you will be disappointed. Even the Prem is crap for toys. As mentioned, the dots are mediocre. You might need to be at least a casual fan of the band or music for it to have staying power. I have heard it earns well, so that speaks to how approachable it is to new/casual players. My friends love playing it. The songs can get a bit monotonous, but pinball browser really helps to keep it fresh.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

The code gets a lot of negative comments, but IMHO it's a bit overblown.

... but a final code update could really make it shine.

coming from a Kiss owner...wow.

#21 6 years ago

Love KISS and there music but the game totally blow. GB by a mile

#22 6 years ago

I never say this... but neither. Stern has WAY better games than both of these in their catalog (current and past). Even your wish list has TWD on it, a much better game than these two choices.

#23 6 years ago

I love my Kiss pro!! Sold my GB premium!

#24 6 years ago

Get TWD, GOT, AS, or MET..TWD would be choice #1

#25 6 years ago

KISS is better than GB, but that's like saying a car battery to the nipples is better than a kick in the nuts.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

KISS is better than GB, but that's like saying a car battery to the nipples is better than a kick in the nuts.

Experience BOTH! #PinsideAnswer

#27 6 years ago

KISS Pro all the way. I hate Kiss and it's still a better game than GB. I just replaced the KISS songs with metal tunes I love. The code is fine. The criticisms of the code are mostly complete BS. Great game.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Maybe now you could fix the poll? It currently doesn't have any options.

^

#29 6 years ago

Don't listen to anybody that says ghostbusters; if you want a good shooter then KISS is the game for you much better shooting game ghostbusters is a airball fest

#30 6 years ago

Kiss all day long!!! Kiss is a winner, great art, sound, and shot layout. After the next code drop prices will go up, buy or trade now.

#31 6 years ago

How can I add a poll ??

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

How can I add a poll ??

Edit your original post.

#33 6 years ago

The air ball is really a big deal for me on GB pro but I love the theme. The Kiss is much smother !

#34 6 years ago

Was stoked to see a new KISS game was out and figured since Gary had been trying for the license for some time it would be given a solid effort. Big KISS fan but couldn't get rid of the game fast enough. Replaced it with TWD and have zero regrets. This coming from someone who hasn't seen one episode and the theme had zero appeal to me. You want a player, TWD is the one.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

The air ball is really a big deal for me on GB pro but I love the theme.

GB is perhaps my favorite theme for a pin ever, but the game is a complete garbage box.

1 week later
#36 6 years ago

I let the stats speak.... Kiss LEs are selling for 6.5 and GB LEs are selling for 8k plus.

I love Kiss as a band but the game totally blows. GB is a great game IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/busters-pro-versus-kiss-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.