Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Golgotha
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6erqdp1huraa1 (resized).jpg
    roy-1024x537 (resized).jpg
    49053cd4319bb830ef132c366e995258 (resized).jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

IBTL

I get an achievement for this, right?

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from adol75:

So say Suicide gets criminalized, who do you send to court ? who do you send to jail ?
    I'd guess, an attempted suicide would be criminalized, which definitely sounds like the best way to get the suicidal thoughts away from the victim.

You tell me.

Better yet, tell all the parents and relatives of the young people who think is an acceptable practice.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

You tell me.
    Better yet, tell all the parents and relatives of the young people who think is an acceptable practice.

There was 3 suicide attempts and 1 suicide at my daughter middle school last year, I can tell you that none of the parents thought it was an "acceptable practice".

I actually find it quite offensive to the memory of the kid who died and the parents who mourns their loss and would surely invite you to review your moral values.

#54 1 year ago

Not really sure why this topic was even posted here to begin with.

#55 1 year ago

IMHO suicide is giving up, but it really depends on the circumstances. Suicide can be a very selfish act or it can be a very humane. I believe we will pay a price for giving up on life especially if it hurts the ones that are left behind.

#56 1 year ago

The dude went out on his own terms, he had a stroke that basically left his mind trapped in a body that was a shell of his former self. Call it what you want, there are suicides that are extremely unfortunate because of depression and mental issues that sane people cannot comprehend, then you have situations like with him where he probably said "Ahh the Hell with this" and ended it. Im not commending him in any way, but it seems like he was aware enough to know things weren't gonna get better and he wasn't gonna just rot away and made the final call.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yupp, the attempted suicide and anyone that assisted.

See Dr. “Jack” Kevorkian for details on what happens when one assists with suicide. Especially if you video record it and supply the recording to 60 Minutes….

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

See Dr. “Jack” Kevorkian for details on what happens when one assists with suicide.

See PubMed for the current(ish) state of things world wide: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32921084/

It’s a decision best left to the individual.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buster-of-dave-amp-busters-commits-sucide-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.