(Topic ID: 92520)

Burningmans Game Room finished, waiting for TBL (video link)

By burningman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140603_184121.jpg
    dons_gameroom.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey Guys...finially have the game room done....2 games are still waiting to be moved in, and TBL's space is offically reserved.

I like mirror blades on my games....so I might as well mirror blade the walls too....
    Hope you guys like it...

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

That's awesome.Love the colors.What size is that room

its about 20x11 I will have a total of 7 games along that wall. I could have put 4 on each side but wanted to have room for several people to be in the room and not too cramped

Quoted from tpn2011:

Very nice what kind of lighting is that would love to add that to my game room ???

They are called crazy lights...there is about 130 different patters along with speed control so it can be mood lighting or doing all sort of freaky stuff...
    here is the link... http://ledlightshack.com/12V-LED-Crazy-Rope-Lights-Complete-System-P2711640.aspx

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

This is great.
    I've been mulling over what color to paint my game room and was leaning towards dark with LED lighting around the top facing the ceiling, but the way you angled the LEDs down makes the room look completely different each time the color changes. Very cool.
    Would you mind posting some pictures or giving detail about how you mounted the lights and the colors of the walls/ceiling?

Will do for sure...
    I painted the ceiling black...walls light gray and trim white. Light Gray on the walls to allow the colors from the LED's to really show well. The flooring is a 12"x24" laminent gray that really looks good and is perfect for moving around the pins. Originally I was going to point the LED's up but that would have just made the ceiling look like crap. I took a 1"x1"and ran that across the entire perimeter of the ceiling. then double sided taped the LED's to the bottom of the 1x1. Then added a 1"x4" flat trim piece on top of the 1"x1"....

*note...I am getting some glare on the playfield glass of F-14 and CFTBL because the are almost under the lights on the sides. I am working on a solution for this.

Will post some more pictures in the morning....

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

What a transformation! That looks friggin' sweet Don. Remember when it looked like this?

dons_gameroom.png 612 KB

OH yes I do...lol

Gotta get you back up here soon Ed!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

looks good Don, a lot different than when I saw it.

Quoted from Rock914:

Looks sweet Don! When is the party?

Thanks Wiggy and Rock...

Rock...in all seriousness....we are going to have a hell of TBL opening party...

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Hmmm. I hate 4 hour drives but this might be worth it... if I can crash on the couch. HOLLA!

Done!

#18 9 years ago

Sorry for not getting more pictures up this morning but will get that done tonight...

Quoted from Syco54645:

I dig it. Where did you get the flippers sign? Not seen one of those before.

It was pulled from an old arcade in Northern Va about 20 years ago....been traveling with me since. Need to get her hung up. Weighs a ton....

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Don I know you have been workin on that room night and day and it came out better than you described it would! I love the lighting...now you just need to tie into the flashers on your games so the they are in synch with them HAHAHA!!!! I know you can do IT!

Let me get Rock on this one....he is the man when it comes to tieing in lights to game play. Gotta get you over to check it out...you need a break anyway from all the restoration work you are doing to your games...

#26 9 years ago

Hey RTR.....not 'the' Rug......but does a good job of reserving the space (for the most epic Pinball machine to ever be produced!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burningmans-game-room-finished-waiting-for-tbl-video-link?tu=burningman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.