DSC02918_zpsa9f3a2b3.jpg
cftbl_reed.jpg
cftbl_done.jpg
cftbl_snackbar.jpg
cftblpf1.jpg
cftblpf4_(1).JPG
cftblpf4_(2).JPG
cftblresto_(1).JPG
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Also, anyone know how to tighten up a light socket? I have a socket on one of my Ramp Board Signs that is troublesome. btw, its the socket, not the bulb...the bulb is tight

burningman:
the 555 twist-in socket is loose against the pc board for the one of the signpost bulbs?

if so, the following should help you out:
- remove the bulb and socket in question

- using a toothpick or a small pair of needle-nosed pliers, carefully bend the 2 contacts of the socket outward so that more tension is created when you re-insert and twist the socket to lock it in place.

if that doesn't work, you can tackle it the harder way:

- remove the wired connector to the board and unscrew it from the stand up post

- next, remove the bulb in question and it's socket

- heat up and re-flow the 2 solder covered curved connect areas that the bulb socket contacts press against.

note: if that doesn't work, using leaded solder (you want to use the same type which is already there), heat up and flow in additional to the 2 solder covered curved surfaces that the contacts from the bulb socket make connection with when you twist and lock the socket in place.

note: you want to flow enough so that the solder pools and solidifies to a pair of arcs that are about 1/32" raised from the surface of the pc board

- re-assemble

(changing out the bulbs numerous times will cause the solder arcs to wear down ever so slightly [the solder is much softer than the copper contacts on the bulb sockets]. in addition, the surface of the solder can become oxidized causing a poor connection to the 2 contacts of the bulb socket.

#52 10 years ago

Thanks J_M....I will tackle that this weekend...

#53 10 years ago

Is this part the only thing I'd need to order?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5145-XX

#54 10 years ago

Man....not sure and I don't want to steer you wrong...the one I purchased from them was for Bally/Williams and didn't have the tabs. No big deal on the tabs, you can just remove them.

I would give them a quick call to see if its compatible with the Creech...they are pretty helpfull with stuff like that. If you don't mind, follow up with us and let us know if they say it will work. I was going to put one up on the ramp to replace the dog leg switch up there.

thought I would add...I replaced my Balls, the Ramps, and the Bowl, as well as the switch. I know the switch was the best improvement for adding hits, but make sure that bowl level, (shim with washers), and polish up that ramp and bowl (and even the metal wireform going to the bowl. Reducing any drag will help get more speed while entering the bowl.

#55 10 years ago

part# 20-10293 as seen here:http://www.pinball.co/Products/7052-20-10293.aspx

It looks like it is NLA at Marcos.

Looks like they have it here (towards bottom of page): http://www.actionpinball.com/elect.htm

good luck
Shawn

#56 10 years ago

Yesterday when looking for another part I found that I had two reed switches in my parts supply! So is this able to be just dropped right in? no need for any diode or anything?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Yesterday when looking for another part I found that I had two reed switches in my parts supply! So is this able to be just dropped right in? no need for any diode or anything?

yep....it was that simple...as I mentioned before, on mine, the wires were just long enough if I removed the some of the wires from the clips that hold them to the playfield. I didn't like that so I extended the wires on the Reed Switch so it was not binding or pulled. Now the wiring is nice and tidy in the plastic clips under the playfield.

quick update on my game...I had thought I had the reset problem resolved until I had a reset during one of my best balls while playing. Putting in the 15000uF 35v Cap per Leon Boore's mod later this week...

#58 10 years ago

Thanks for all the info. I have my game partially dismantled to install plastic protectors and to replace the snack bar plastic. I also figured since I have the ramps partially off I may as well remove them and add lights to the jet bumpers (gonna do the flasher mod). My CFTBL is a prototype one and has some differences vs the production. When I'm done I'll take a couple of photos for those who want to see what's different vs. the production games.

#59 10 years ago

MXV:
a friend of mine has a prototype as well. one of the changes that I noticed immediately were the snackbar inserts. the top one on either side was a white-blue, while the bottom ones were blue.

it wasn't as decernable when the machine was powered off, but once those inserts are illuminated, you can really notice it.

#60 10 years ago

All four of mine are the same color. Some other differences is the KISS letters are red hearts with white letters inside and the right ramp sign plastic had different info on it and has a decal stuck over the bottom light to reflect what it was changed to. I think some other inserts may be a different color and the curly ramp has holes cut out of it for the chase lamps to come up through and mount with these clips. The speaker panel also has different art in the speaker grills. It had black flippers with yellow rubber and the legs were not chrome but were some specially coated legs kind of like the prototype Shadow legs but smoother.

#61 10 years ago

can you take a photo of your right ramp sign and your speaker panels? I'm curious to see what is different about them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.00
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burningmans-cftbl/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.