Forum Topic

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Burning ROMs

Burning ROMs

Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By mkgort

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TomGWI

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

#1 3 years ago

I think I might try my hand at updating my own roms. I know there was an informative thread in here someone, but I cannot seem to find it.

If you happen to know where it is, could you kindly point me in its direction?

Thanks!

MK

#2 3 years ago

The forum search needs to have a selection where you can search titles or body text. I want to search for a title but it only brings up text for me.

#4 3 years ago
futurepinhead said:

The forum search needs to have a selection where you can search titles or body text. I want to search for a title but it only brings up text for me.

I have had the same difficulty locating an older post, best thing I have found to use was the advanced search option on GOOGLE.

#5 3 years ago
mkgort said:

Found it

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rom-burners-anyone-got-recommendations#post-96907

Based on that thread, I went ahead and purchased a GQ-4X burner. I've been using it for a while now, and I can't say enough good things about the product. It's very easy to use, and it burns ROMs extremely fast. I bought mine on eBay for $100 including shipping. Here's a link:

ebay.com link » True Usb Gq 4x Eprom Chip Burner Programmer 29f400

#6 3 years ago

Thanks! Did you get a UV eraser as well?

pin-tastic said:

use was the advanced search option on GOOGLE.

Thats what I did.

#7 3 years ago

You need an eraser. Pretty much every ROM used in pins are EPROM (not EEPROM), so you can't erase it without a UV eraser.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks again! Looking them up now

#9 3 years ago
mkgort said:

Thanks! Did you get a UV eraser as well?

You're welcome. Yes, I bought a UV eraser. Got it on eBay as well. Here's a link to the one I bought:

ebay.com link » Ultraviolet Light Uv Eprom Eraser Erase Eraseable Timer

I also bought a bunch of cheap blank ROMs on eBay. eBay may suck for buying pins, but it's hard to beat it when it comes to little stuff like this.

#10 3 years ago

Where do you guys buy your eproms from?

#11 3 years ago
TomGWI said:

Where do you guys buy your eproms from?

I'm sure there are other sources, but there seems to be an abundance of pretty cheap ones on eBay. For example:

ebay.com link » Tms 27c040 15 10 Count Eproms Cleaned And Erased

#12 3 years ago

Thanks.

gweempose said:

TomGWI said:Where do you guys buy your eproms from?
I'm sure there are other sources, but there seems to be an abundance of pretty cheap ones on eBay. For example:
ebay.com link » Tms 27c040 15 10 Count Eproms Cleaned And Erased

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.