Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GameVault
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Burning smell from Ghostbusters Premium pinball. Game is turned off for me and when I get back to investigate about 45 min later, I can smell under playfield the burning odor but can't find the culprit. So what do I do? I am running it now, but for about 10min but no smell develops. Here is some other odd things. I noticed that the Scolari brothers targets during game play pretty much constantly tick while in down position from the relay coil that lets the target drop. They pulse/tick. Also I noticed there are like no fuses in this game other then 2 fuses I noticed on what I guess is are 2 LED's boards. Magnets do not have fuses. I recall The Addams family not having them and a fuse kit was used to save the magnets from burning the playfield. Could that happen here in the future?
Edit: All lights, flashers and coils seem to work when put in test.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from GameVault:

Burning smell from Ghostbusters Premium pinball. Game is turned off for me and when I get back to investigate about 45 min later, I can smell under playfield the burning odor but can't find the culprit. So what do I do? I am running it now, but for about 10min but no smell develops. Here is some other odd things. I noticed that the Scolari brothers targets during game play pretty much constantly tick while in down position from the relay coil that lets the target drop. They pulse/tick. Also I noticed there are like no fuses in this game other then 2 fuses I noticed on what I guess is are 2 LED's boards. Magnets do not have fuses. I recall The Addams family not having them and a fuse kit was used to save the magnets from burning the playfield. Could that happen here in the future?
Edit: All lights, flashers and coils seem to work when put in test.

If it were me and that happened, after smelling the smoke I would immediately turn the machine off/unplug, pull the glass, lift the playfield, and touch the coils one at a time to see if any were hot/warm.

Did this happen immediately after doing changes in any way on the machine, in the backbox or under the playfield?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If it were me and that happened, after smelling the smoke I would immediately turn the machine off/unplug, pull the glass, lift the playfield, and touch the coils one at a time to see if any were hot/warm.
Did this happen immediately after doing changes in any way on the machine, in the backbox or under the playfield?

I was not around to diagnose, that would have been ideal. Now I can not reproduce the smell.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from GameVault:

the Scolari brothers targets during game play pretty much constantly tick while in down position from the relay coil that lets the target drop. They pulse/tick.

Try switching node boards 8 and 9 (don't forget to change the dip switches). Still have the same problem?
If the problem moves I'd guess node board 8 is bad.

#5 2 years ago

So far, I have changed both flipper coils and disconnected both magnets. No issues so far. I am waiting for the magnet kit to have both magnets fused. Edit: Kits arrived, magnets fused with 3amp fuses. No issues. Must have been a bad flipper coil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burning-ghostbusters-smell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.