5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gizmonic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Can someone point me to a tutorial on burning 2532 EPROMs in a USB burner?

I have a Genius G540 (GQ-4X clone). The manual shows it can burn them, but they are not displayed as an option in the software when I am ready to burn.

I am thinking I may need a software update, or something else.

#2 5 years ago

Sounds like a software issue. I have the minipro and burn them without a problem.

#3 5 years ago

Follow, because I have a GQ-4X and I have the same problem with 2532

#4 5 years ago

2532’s need higher voltage than other chips. I’ve never seen any usb programmers, other than a genuine gq-4x, successfully program a 2532. And the gq-4x will need to be plugged in to do it. You cannot cheap out on programmers.
    If you have a real gq, and it won’t display 2532 as an option, you may need to flash the firmware to the most recent code.

#5 5 years ago

I've got another programmer that connects in using a parallel port and has a separate power supply. I'll have to dig it out and see if I can get it working.

#6 5 years ago

ive had poor luck with TMS2532 and better luck (yet still problems) with the HN462532 using GQ-4X

I can pull a TMS2532 off of a board, verify good data on it. UV erase it to read back blank... but then they will not take a new burn. GQ-4X gets write errors. The hitachi HN462532 seem to work more often.

Not sure if the TMS2532 are just less reliable or the GQ-4X is picky about them.

If your burner can do a 25v version of the 2732 chip OK you could probably hack together an adapter to burn 2532 using the 2732 profile. I think you have to move three pins around.

#7 5 years ago

I haven’t had any problems with TMS2532JL eproms & Hitachi HN463532 eproms with my GQ-4X. I have done quite a few & they burn ok with using just a usb connection.

I quite often forget to connect the external power.
    In theory they shouldn’t burn successfully without the ext power.

I’m using the original software from the cd rom that came with it years ago.

#8 5 years ago

I have an old pocket programmer parallel port and it does 2532’s just fine; did four tonight!

#9 5 years ago

I use a Minipro to burn 2532s and this is how I do it.

Ron...

Quoted from barakandl:

If your burner can do a 25v version of the 2732 chip OK you could probably hack together an adapter to burn 2532 using the 2732 profile. I think you have to move three pins around.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burning-2532s-in-a-usb-burner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.