Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30 Dollars Priority shipping (resized).jpg
    30 Dollars shipping complain (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

Todd here from Big Daddy. Hate to be drawn to this by the messages/texts/emails I got from friends and customers, but I have to at least state the *correct* facts, and give a little bit of information on why this is in place at Big Daddy, though the reason it's in place appears to be obvious to everyone except one person here.

First off the facts.

1. The total order was $50, not $70. It's very well insinuated that he paid $70 for a handful of $2.50 capacitors. The order was $20 and the shipping he decided to pay was $30.

Quoted from Pinthetic:

I do expect a handling charge but really, $50 shipping

2. The shipping charge was $30, never $50, never has been. It's been $22,000 before, we all know about that!

Quoted from Pinthetic:

There was no "expedited shipping".

3. Priority was shown at checkout, as it is also shown on your receipt. Economy and overnight are options in the drop down box. Attached is a screen shot you see on checkout for a $29 item, clearly showing the total cost, and clearly showing Priority shipping. That he ignored this and the cost and proceeded to pay is the problem he's having. It's also shown on the PayPal receipt you get in minutes. Also attached pic of the payment I receive with the shipping shown Priority. When I get an email from PayPal with the word Priority in it, it's highlighted and I get a pop up so that I'm aware I have an order that is not economy s/h.

Quoted from Pinthetic:

on a 5 ounce package?

4. The posted weight was 8oz, not 5, and packed in a small box (that I buy) bumps it $4+ in all places in the US.

Quoted from Pinthetic:

I will have to buy elsewhere from now on, unfortunately.

Sad to me that you made this mistake and yet publicly posting you won't give me any business anymore, coming here to "warn" people and bash Big Daddy (since the original post was titled "Burned by Big Daddy") as if I've intentionally screwed you. Thinking you might have been a frequent customer, I looked. Nope, never ordered from me before on the site. In the past 15 years you have only ordered twice, once a $30 Pinside/RGP TIP102 special (shipped for free) and the 2nd an eBay sale.

Minimum order cost/shipping costs are posted in at least three places on my site. I hide nothing. Many people have paid $30 to get their order, I have to assume people pay attention to shipping costs and just need their stuff quick and are willing to pay it when they do. If I order somewhere and I think the shipping costs is prohibitive, I question it, and do not order. You, in your case, appears you have some driver boards to fix, and maybe you needed them fixed ASAP. I'm not given credit that you placed an order Friday morning and even though I was leaving town, I got your order out and you got it Monday. MONDAY!

The $30 is set because the little orders like a single resistor are just not worth my time to ship. Sometimes people order a $15 kit or a $25 board and I can only assume they are willing to pay for that added expense when it is shown to them and it's paid, especially if I do not get an email from them.

My stating I won't refund is not really set in stone, I'm glad to work with someone if they contact me *BEFORE* I ship out their order, and depending on what it is I'll work with you or refund. It's after the fact when someone gets their order, decides then to look in to it and then complain, especially when they publicly bash.

Sorry for the drama, but I felt it needed clarity. And although I doubt @Pinthetic will order from me again, if he does I will give a $20 credit back on a future order.

30 Dollars Priority shipping (resized).jpg30 Dollars Priority shipping (resized).jpg30 Dollars shipping complain (resized).jpg30 Dollars shipping complain (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burned-by-big-daddy-enterprizes-my-own-fault?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.