Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30 Dollars Priority shipping (resized).jpg
    30 Dollars shipping complain (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Stangbat, not so much a complaint but a heads up so maybe after reading this no one else gets hooked for excessive shipping charges. I don't usually bash people, check my post history.
    There was no "expedited shipping". As I said this is MY FAULT. I am not bashing him personally. MY FAULT! He sells good products and stands by them. I have bought from him in the past and that is why I did not hesitate to reorder. I could have gone to Great Plains Electronics for the same items but as principle I spread out purchases in the pinball community. I just ordered from Ed. You need to support all the guys who offer products.
    No, I did not contact him because the notice in the web site clearly states there will be no adjustments or refunds on that charge. Sounds pretty clear to me. "Don't bother".
    The box weighed 5 ounces, shipped in the US, and should have cost $3 to ship first class. I do expect a handling charge but really, $50 shipping on a 5 ounce package? Bottom line here is unless you are going to spend on a large purchase expect the $50 charge.
    Regardless,

But you opened your post with “Burned by Big Daddy.” Since it was your fault the title should read “How to screw one’s self when not paying attention.”

I can’t speak for others but I have done dumb stuff like this, too.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Use arrow.com and never pay shipping again. Even on a $1 order- so long as they have the part you need...

I went a looked at arrow.com. The web page looks like a high school project. Sure, there are a lot of items for sale. But there are NO PICTURES. For someone who fell out of the womb knowing electronics, arrow.com probably works OK.

But for us mere mortals, like me, I need my hands held a little bit. I need to see pics. With G-P-E, if my part number is obsolete, I can email ED and he will give the substitute number.

With Big Daddy, he has these nice kits he has packaged and tells me what they are for. Want to recap a sound board? He has a kit for one stop shopping.

Both of these shops are dedicated to the pinball market. They know pinball machines and what is needed. If that costs me a little more, it is a service and convenience that I get value from.

As far as shipping goes, it is what it is. USPS keeps jacking rates and UPS and FEDX follow right along. As fas as USPS rates, it is steering you to white priority boxes by gradually closing the rates between its white priority boxes and a plain box that you bring in.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

If you can find it. I looked at their site for about 10 minutes once and gave up.

Thank you. I'm glad I"m not the only one to feel this way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burned-by-big-daddy-enterprizes-my-own-fault?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.