Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mr68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you let the pizza burn and keep playing?”

• Let the pizza burn. It's worth the $4. And besides, you never know, this might be the game where you score a billion points! 5 votes
      31%
    • Let the ball drain. It's Free Play. You can always start another game. 6 votes
      38%
    • Don't ever start a game when there's food in the oven. 3 votes
      19%
    • Plug the oven into an extension cord that runs to an outlet within arms or legs reach of the pinball machine. Yank the plug out of the wall with your foot if needed. 2 votes
      13%

(16 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy_(resized).png
    th7JRVXJH1.jpg
    Alex:Canoli1.16.16_(resized).JPG
    450726180_(resized).JPG
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Ran into a dilemma last night. Threw a pizza in the oven and decided to play a game on my Star Trek Pro while I was waiting for it to cook. To make a long story short, I really got things going on my last ball and about 7 minutes into it the timer goes off on the oven telling me it's time to pull the pizza. So I'm in the process of setting a high score for myself and there is no way to get to the oven to turn it off without having the ball drain. I managed to keep the ball in play for another 8 minutes, during which time smoke started pouring out of the oven, two smoke alarms started blaring, both of my dogs are at my feet and needless to say, the pizza was ruined. It still stinks in here this morning, even though I've had the windows open all night.

Can anyone relate?

#3 8 years ago

Lock a ball...open the coin door.

#4 8 years ago

Burn the pizza!

#5 8 years ago

Great thread! We've all been there.

And of course you burn the pizza.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Lock a ball...open the coin door.

Unfortunately I was not that smart. I will be next time!

#7 8 years ago

Burnt one 2 days ago. Still edible though.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Unfortunately I was not that smart. I will be next time!

It's the pressure!

#9 8 years ago

Order out and avoid Sophie's choice

#10 8 years ago

I burned the ribs once playing RFM. Got the grand champion score and you know, it still wasn't worth it.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Ran into a dilemma last night. Threw a pizza in the oven and decided to play a game on my Star Trek Pro while I was waiting for it to cook. To make a long story short, I really got things going on my last ball and about 7 minutes into it the timer goes off on the oven telling me it's time to pull the pizza. So I'm in the process of setting a high score for myself and there is no way to get to the oven to turn it off without having the ball drain. I managed to keep the ball in play for another 8 minutes, during which time smoke started pouring out of the oven, two smoke alarms started blaring, both of my dogs are at my feet and needless to say, the pizza was ruined. It still stinks in here this morning, even though I've had the windows open all night.
    Can anyone relate?

Coin door ball saver would have been a good choice if you have that set.

#12 8 years ago

burn the pizza erry time

#13 8 years ago

Pretty tough group on Pinside I guess. Not sure why someone would downvote a thread like this. I must have offended someone that makes store-bought pizza for a living. My apologies. I'd still trade a burnt pizza for my high score last night though.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Pretty tough group on Pinside I guess. Not sure why someone would downvote a thread like this. I must have offended someone that makes store-bought pizza for a living. My apologies. I'd still trade a burnt pizza for my high score last night though.

What was your score and what kind of pizza was it? If you're score was 100 million and it was a tombstone, you made the wrong choice my friend.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was your score and what kind of pizza was it? If you're score was 100 million and it was a tombstone, you made the wrong choice my friend.

Digiorno's

450726180_(resized).JPG450726180_(resized).JPG

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Digiorno's

450726180_(resized).JPG

Great score, and Digiorno's sucks IMO. Good riddens.

#17 8 years ago

Don't start a game if you have anything else to do or anywhere to go.

Ever.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ever.

Yeah, I've kinda learned that the hard way. I've got my machines set up in my pro shop at my golf course. I'll always sneak a quick look at the parking lot to see if anybody's pulling in, and if nobody is, I'll try play a quick game. Inevitably, as soon as I start to have a good game, the phone rings, someone comes in, or something happens where I've got to walk away from it. As the weather gets better, I'm going to have to resist the temptation.

#19 8 years ago

Will this be a dilemma if you are playing on the upcoming Domino’s Pizza pinball machine?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from CastleRockIM:

Will this be a dilemma if you are playing on the upcoming Domino’s Pizza pinball machine?

Very possibly.

#21 8 years ago

This is why I love the option on TZ (9.4h ROM) to pause your game. Wish more games had that option.

#22 8 years ago

You can play another game, you cannot unburn the pizza.

#23 8 years ago

Pizzazz Pizza Maker! I haven't used an oven to cook a pizza for over 10 years. I got the pizza maker as a christmas present. Never wanted one because I didn't think it would work well. It works excellent! And the best part when it's done, the pizza still rotates, but the cookers turn off. So it stops cooking the pizza, but lets it gradually cool for a while.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from CastleRockIM:

"I said we got a pick up for DOOSKIE HERE!!!"

#25 8 years ago

A similar thing happened to me while filling my hot tub. The differences is, I was oblivious a choice needed to be made.

#26 8 years ago

Trap ball, finish beer, wedge beer between flipper button and neighboring machine.

#27 8 years ago

get yourself a wife!
    you can keep playing while she feeds you pizza!

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

get yourself a wife!

Yeah, but that might limit how many pinball machines I could have. I'd need to give that some serious thought.

#29 8 years ago

And you can train her to bring you beers!

Quoted from jorro:

get yourself a wife!

#30 8 years ago

Burn it.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

And you can train her to bring you beers!

Actually, my black lab and my german shepherd/hound mix already do that for me.

#32 8 years ago

Alex:Canoli1.16.16_(resized).JPGAlex:Canoli1.16.16_(resized).JPG

#33 8 years ago

Let it burn, then call the local Pizzaria for delivery!

#34 8 years ago

un-burnt pizza is over rated.

#35 8 years ago

Burn the thread!!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Burn the thread!!

Sure it's not as valid of a question as "Hello I've been collecting games for 30 years...how do I lower the head on my machine I've owned 20 of," but they can't all be winners

#38 8 years ago

Add a poll. Another vote for "Burn the damn Pizza".

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ever.

I guess I feel the opposite. I enjoy hitting by the start button when something else is going on. I'll take risky shots or try out tricks I see Bowen do.

Games will last like 30 seconds, but that's okay. Pinball is like sex or pizza... even when it's bad it still pretty good.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pinball is like sex or pizza... even when it's bad it still pretty good.

Quoted for posterity before you have second thoughts and try to edit this famous quote.

#41 8 years ago

I've never had that problem....3 balls on any of my games....time I'm done, the pizza is still cold

#42 8 years ago

I suppose I'm in the minority that would save the pizza.

It's PIZZA! Come on now.

#43 8 years ago

Pinball. Pizza. P**sy. The 3 P's.....just don't let the last one burn without attention

#44 8 years ago

My roommate years ago got really drunk while I was working night shift and pulled out MY fish sticks and put him in the oven and passed out. I got home at 8am to smoke filled burnt fish sticks home. worst smell.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Can anyone relate?

Let it BURN!!!

#46 8 years ago

I make pizza all day at work
    Burn it.
    Home is for pinball.

#47 8 years ago

Let it burn, probably would of sucked anyways.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Quoted for posterity before you have second thoughts and try to edit this famous quote.

That quote is hanging above my framed doctorate in quantum physics.

#49 8 years ago

#50 8 years ago

It is only PIZZA, not like you played while your kid/wife/room mate was bleeding profusely.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burn-the-pizza-or-let-the-last-ball-drain/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.