• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16921243071814997888910873105441 (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hello
This is my first time postning here for help. But I need som help geting forward.

I have a 1979 Dracula by stern. I have fixa a lott of problems but...

I have trubbel whit right and left popbumpers.
The center one always works.

Switch is working, the coils are good(meassured DMM) diodes are good. Transistors meassured and grounded on tab, and they fire when I do that. I have taken the bord out and reflow conections for "molex" connectors. Taken appart connectors and cleand, adjusted them(i am going to change them later)

I have measured all the voltage on testpoints and on rectifier bord( done work on that bord).

The right and left bumper work somtimes. Dosent matter if it is in self test or in game. Feels like the stopp working after maby 3-4 bumps.

I am all out of ides, can som one give mi som new ides? Thank you!

#2 11 months ago

Can you post some pictures of the gap of the switches? When the ball hits the skirt on top of the play field does it press it down far enough to make the switch contact each other?

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Can you post some pictures of the gap of the switches? When the ball hits the skirt on top of the play field does it press it down far enough to make the switch contact each other?

I have pressed it whit my finger and still dosent work. But I gett points.

16921243071814997888910873105441 (resized).jpg16921243071814997888910873105441 (resized).jpg
#4 11 months ago
Quoted from Hoyaaz:

I have pressed it whit my finger and still dosent work. But I gett points.

If you get points, then that is the points switch. You need to look for the trigger switch (spoon switch) that fires the solenoid.

EDIT: I stand corrected on this. Thank you.

#5 11 months ago

There is only one switch for points and solenoids in a classic stern/bally situation, so I would disregard the above. As far as intermittent solenoid firing, I would start by repinning connectors to ensure you have solid connection to the solenoid driver board.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from sparky672:

If you get points, then that is the points switch. You need to look for the trigger switch (spoon switch) that fires the solenoid.

That's a Stern Electronics pin. There is only one switch. Solenoid is fired by the CPU, not a self driving circuit like early Williams or Gottlieb pins.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

There is only one switch for points and solenoids in a classic stern/bally situation, so I would disregard the above. As far as intermittent solenoid firing, I would start by repinning connectors to ensure you have solid connection to the solenoid driver board.

Oops! You posted two seconds before I did.

#8 11 months ago

There is only one switch for points and solenoids in a classic stern/bally situation

Ok, thank you.

2 weeks later
#9 10 months ago

Okey, i have started to change all the molex connectors.
156" done, waiting on 100" to be deliverd.
Then i will do the rest of them. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.