View topic image gallery

kleenex_tissues.jpg
trolling.jpg
SeriouslyItMakesNoSenseAtAll.jpg
brokenrecord.jpg
ShitFromShinola.jpg
noodle_douche.jpg
image.jpg
There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Youre right but same goes for everyone else bashing this guy that havnt lost money as well. perhaps a counselor might help people a bit better lol. It is a shame people have lost money on preorders but still where is the proof this guy wrongfully swindled it?
Unlike the Madd Amusement bashing threads at least this guy seems to care about his rep a bit and is trying to explain some of what has happened here and you guys are just throwing accusations back and calling him a liar.
Where are the other threads? deleted by mods? seems this thread is another one made just to bash this guy more and seems more like a group harrassment of another pinside member.
If the accusation of selling a illegaly obtained machine is false in some way you guys could be subject to legal action from bumper as well.

So if something bad happens to other people no one but those people has a right to be interested outraged or sympathetic?

You tried to white knight and you didn't do your homework. Just leave it alone.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

This thread should be renamed. Blundah From Down Undah.

fixed this for you.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

So if something bad happens to other people no one but those people has a right to be interested outraged or sympathetic?

You tried to white knight and you didn't do your homework. Just leave it alone.

Yeah well its a forum and you have the right to your opinion as do i you dont have to like my opinion but i will say what i like feel or believe if you dont like it perhaps you should block me then you wont have to hear it sorry your too small minded to see another point of view you dont agree with.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That way, if JJP never delivered or went under, their money was safe. The issue is, the money has disappeared, and nobody wants to take responsibility for that.

And yes it does make some sense in theory but then again what happens when the 3rd party goes out of business and lose your money as well. either way its pretty much a simular risk even though it might seem safer.

I never said bumper was absolutely innocent but then again only they know 100% what has happened to the money and deposits and what is currently in the process of how it might be sorted. but then again why does JJP have to wait and consult attorneys to make good on orders or wait to be paid for shipping again?
i like JJP and welcome a new style pinball machine and their contribution and look forward to their future. but again if you have $150k worth of machines prepaid why would you need to wait to send them until after you get attorneys involved? That seems fishy as well.

#254 10 years ago

who exactly does jack ship these games to?
26 games to 79 people?
who gets what?
he owes them back to one of the bumpers, no individuals

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Either way Im still correct in the fact this is the risk everyone takes prepaying for machines esp a first machine from a new company through a 3rd party like i said this should be a learning experience for everyone paying for machines before they are even produced.

JJP has a history in coin op and manufacturing, and JJP is making games. So the risk you cite to bolster your argument isn't even relevant in this case. I don't know why you keep making your "shoulda known better" case and referencing JJP.

Even in the worst case of JJP folding, the money should have been returned by the distributor. It's not like these people were handing their money to a guy in a trench coat in a dark alley, but a legal business authorized to distribute woz by JJP. Maybe Jack should have done more homework on them, we can only speculate, but from the buyer's standpoint, they had no undue reason to suspect the distributor.

Your continued assertion the buyers should have known better is short-sighted and insulting.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Yeah well its a forum and you have the right to your opinion as do i you dont have to like my opinion but i will say what i like feel or believe if you dont like it perhaps you should block me then you wont have to hear it sorry your too small minded to see another point of view you dont agree with.

So, that I don't agree with you makes me small-minded?

Maybe it makes you uh... wrong?

#257 10 years ago

Thats fine youre right you have a long term company what 40 some years good business and then JJP having another long term reputation but yet people have dished a few thousand dollars paid out and no machines sounds perfectly safe to me why would anyone worry? I suppose Im just unreasonable.

Sure preorders sound safe and secure to most people but this is a prime example how things can go wrong and obviously it has. i said i would never do it and people should learn from this experience. this happens in the real world all the time with peoples pensions, investments etc. They were supposed to be safe and secure as well until people were screwed and ass out of the money. But sorry it seems pinball was supposed to be an exception.

The thing everyone is overlooking is there seems to be too many parties involved in this mess to pin it on one person. like everyone seems to be doing in these bumper threads. you have JJP not sending first order of machines for some possible legitimate reason and possible not meeting obligations. bumper1, bumper2, bumper3. whatever company was in charge of the trust, attorneys and liquidators in charge of old accounts and settling the books or burning them whatever.

this isnt the only thread of people sending money and getting screwed why hasnt anyone worried about this happen with preorders until now?
If nobody has read the forums in the last year JJP was getting all types of complaints becouse deadlines were not being met and so many people had money paid out and numberous people were starting to want their money back. could these delays have somewhat played a part in this situation? could something have happened to the trust company that bumper lost the money? could a silent partner if one exists swindled the company and forced bumper into unrecoverable debt there is still alot that has been unexplained about the missing funds. perhaps the trust was transfered somewhere else among one of the bumpers for the deposits and it might be under determination of who it is supposed to goto so much could have happened behind the scenes her to blame just one person for this at the moment as everyone has chosen to do.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

So, that I don't agree with you makes me small-minded?

Maybe it makes you uh... wrong?

Perhaps i might be wrong if you think so but my being wrong has made me one of the guys that didnt get screwed in a situation like this hasnt it?
I think ill decide to stay wrong in this matter if thats the case. like i said this should be a lesson learned in the future for preorder people so it dont happen again.

#259 10 years ago

FACT....

Bumper Action Director 1 pays General Manager of Bumper Action 2 to entice one of two investors to buy the business. General Manager RF works for the two new Directors but works very closely with just one of Bumper Action 2 directors whilst still protecting Bumper Action Director 1 because he paid him large sum of money.

Bumper 2 Director and General Manager RF screw the other director of Bumper 2 and now he is screwing other director of Bumper 2 by suing him because he is out of pocket $465,000.

Why was the now director of Bumper Action 3 which is the old General Manger of Bumper 2 working for Bumper Director 1 and one of the Bumper Action Director 2 ?

Why did the current director of Bumper Action protect the Bumper Action 1 director by not showing the employees and their lawyers ' Contract of Sale ' which had information contained in it which protected Bumper Action director 1 ???

This only caused unnecessary grief for Bumper 2 directors.

It is very clear now that the people responsible for the missing money are as follows :

Bumper Action director 1 - DR

Bumper Action director 2 - PH

Bumper Action director 3 - RF

Their goal was to screw you all out of your Wizard of Oz pinballs by taking your money and for them to screw the second Director HB of Bumper Action 2 out of all his money which they have succeeded in doing.

Now that you have the facts all you need to do is tell them to " ShowMeTheMoney " or just ask your lawyer to say it for you !

You would think that an individual who was the sole director of a company for 40 years would not be quite so careless would'nt you.

Why they chose to hide the ' Contract of Sale ' which contained all of the information relating to the Wizard of Oz money and why the original director of Bumper Action failed to pay out all of his Employees entitlements as it stated in the contract of sale and caused thousands of dollars in unnecessary legal fees is beyond me.

Maybe it just comes down to that word ' GREED ' hmmmm !!

I hope this helps you a little in your quest to recover your money and or WOZ pinballs.

I will post some more info as soon as it comes to hand !!

Sometimes people need to be held accountable for their actions .......

Maybe the rumour about the BUMPER ACTION - Directors Auction is true. It sounds like they may need to come up with some serious money !

#260 10 years ago

Yeah just saw the bumper auction thread, interesting
Thank you showmethe$$ think ill buy all my pins before I move down under someday lol.
Well as unsimpithetic as i may be being accused of i hope the people get their machines or money back in the end.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Perhaps i might be wrong if you think so but my being wrong has made me one of the guys that didnt get screwed in a situation like this hasnt it?
I think ill decide to stay wrong in this matter if thats the case. like i said this should be a lesson learned in the future for preorder people so it dont happen again.

You simply choose to err on the side of safety, 'err' being the key word.

#262 10 years ago

You can argue about almost anything but when it comes to math there is no curve.

IF JJP received 150 grand that should equal "X" number of games delivered.
If they received no funds they owe the distributor/s nothing.

I have no idea what a distributor price would be ( with shipping costs, tax,etc) but lets ballpark it at $7250 a game. 150K / $7250= 20'ish games.

If the funds collected was held by only Bumper then JJP has nothing outstanding to deliver, if they accepted funds they should deliver equipment equal to those funds to whomever and be clear.

Its pretty simple if Bumper held the money and now its gone they are the ones to go after, if a large part of that was forwarded to the manufacturer for games then the factory should make good on that amount.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

You can argue about almost anything but when it comes to math there is no curve.
IF JJP received 150 grand that should equal "X" number of games delivered.
If they received no funds they owe the distributor/s nothing.
I have no idea what a distributor price would be ( with shipping costs, tax,etc) but lets ballpark it at $7250 a game. 150K / $7250= 20'ish games.
If the funds collected was held by only Bumper then JJP has nothing outstanding to deliver, if they accepted funds they should deliver equipment equal to those funds to whomever and be clear.
Its pretty simple if Bumper held the money and now its gone they are the ones to go after, if a large part of that was forwarded to the manufacturer for games then the factory should make good on that amount.

And send the games to who? A non existing company in receivership? The courts will decide the receivers of the games that were paid for is my guess.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And send the games to who?

Exactly!

#265 10 years ago

Why was Robert Farrell working for Del Reiss when he was supposed to be the GM for Bumper 2 directors ? Why was Rob Farrell protecting Del Reiss ??

Why was David Montebello, Robert Farrell's right hand man ????

Why is Monte now one of the 3 people responsible for the WOZ legal fund ?

Is Bumper now trying to take more money from the aussies that have already lost their WOZ money?

Boy Oh Boy .... are'nt things getting very interesting !

Or is the money being raised going to Del and Rob Farrell to pay their legal costs ??

What connection does Bumper Director Paul Hill have with Del Reiss and Rob Farrell.

Who got paid the most ??

Who is hiding what from who ??

Why were nearly $300,000 worth of Spare Parts just given away or sold for way less than their cost price ?

Why did Bumper directors Del Reiss, Rob Farrell, Howard Bellin and Paul Hill fail to inform the employees that under Section 7.4 of the Contract of Sale, " The Vendor will terminate the employment of all its employees and pay them all their proper entitlements up to the Settlement Date ? "

Further, under Section 7.6 of the same contract it is stated that " The Vendor is solely responsible for the terminating of all its employees and must pay to each employee the amount due to that employee ".

Del Reiss i think you have some explaining to do. Your lawyer has instructed me that you would like to do it in court.

I'm looking forward to it !!!

How long is it now before the new Bumper closes its doors ?

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The courts will decide the receivers of the games that were paid for is my guess.

No kidding..... I never would have guessed that.

There was some debate if Bumper was sitting on funds or if a portion of it was forwarded to JJP.
If Bumper had/ has it its likely gone or will be shortly.

#267 10 years ago

Come on showmethemoney

I can assure you any and all money is being collected for the sole purpose of paying Lawyers.

Do you think i would have donated if it was going anywhere else.

Every Dollar received is detailed in a spreadsheet and has an independent person checking everything.

The fact 2 ex employees are part of it, helps with confirmation of the records, as we know they have been modified to include non existant customers and inaccurate accounting.

Also they are owed WOZ games or money as well.

Keep the faith David

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

they should deliver equipment equal to those funds to whomever

Great idea. I'll send them my address.

"To whomever" is the big problem JJP faces. Of course, they're committed to sending money or pins towards Australia. But the can't/shoudn't risk to send this amount to the wrong people (i.e. those who aren't legally entitled to recieve it or those who racked up a history of embezzlement lately)

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from Tomcat:

Great idea. I'll send them my address.
"To whomever" is the big problem JJP faces. Of course, they're committed to sending money or pins towards Australia. But the can't/shoudn't risk to send this amount to the wrong people (i.e. those who aren't legally entitled to recieve it or those who racked up a history of embezzlement lately)

Exactly, Prototype was sold what do you think will happen to the rest if shipped?

#270 10 years ago

Back from 7 days of purgatory.
NoodleBox (Jamie) and everyone else who believe that its OK that the innocent purchasers of WOZ have been ripped off by the Bumper trilogy- You are and will be forever prime KNOBS. Jamie is the King KNOB because he comes on here and winds up the innocent and takes the piss out of them..see how long that last dickhead...and stealing is still a criminal offence, with jail time and whatever else comes with that. Are you innocent Noodlehead ?

This thread and all the others about WOZ and Bumper's crimes, and everyone's opinion is really a waste of time...and everyone should have better things to do with their life...I am only using this as a vehicle to make the culprits aware that they will NEVER get away with it..and everyone in the world should know about these people so it can not be repeated..and that I for one wish for really evil things to happen to them until my last breath..suck on that and know that in the back of your puny little brains that people are out watching you. You greedy spineless F%$ks.

Its not about pinball anymore..it about people stealing from others...

What would you do if you woke in the middle of the night and found Noodlebox in your house stealing you WOZ ? So many things come to mind...

There's no difference really is there ?

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Come on showmethemoney
I can assure you any and all money is being collected for the sole purpose of paying Lawyers.
Do you think i would have donated if it was going anywhere else.
Every Dollar received is detailed in a spreadsheet and has an independent person checking everything.
The fact 2 ex employees are part of it, helps with confirmation of the records, as we know they have been modified to include non existant customers and inaccurate accounting.
Also they are owed WOZ games or money as well.
Keep the faith David

David Stein and others have been paid handsomely by Del, Rob and Paul Hill to keep there mouths shut whilst others including Australian WOZ purchasers have been lied to.

David Stein needs to come clean and be honest and tell the Australian WOZ purchasers exactly where the money went.

The Australian pinball community deserve to know the truth. No more lies, deceit and utter bullshit!

#272 10 years ago

Tell me David you write a nice post about David Stein then remove it and slam him?

What David is writing this post now the real David or one under the use of high grade Australian Flour?

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Tell me David you write a nice post about David Stein then remove it and slam him?
What David is writing this post now the real David or one under the use of high grade Australian Flour?

I worked with David Stein for over ten 10 years but unfortunately he has been put under a spell by Del, Rob, Howard and Paul Hill whereby he has been paid very handsomely to keep his mouth shut.

Unfortunately he worked as Del's right hand man and when some people are paid large sums of money they usually obey their master !!!

David Stein was very excited at the news of a new pinball company being formed some time ago, that being Jersey Jack Pinball and he was very excited to be a part of this in selling the Wizard of Oz pinball machines.

David Stein and I are both collectors which is why we both have the passion for the Amusement industry, but unfortunately Del Reiss and Rob Farrell know that David Stein can be manipulated by money and greed, and when someone you have trusted and respected for a long time then turns their back on you, it leaves an incredibly bad taste in your mouth.

David Stein unfortunately has succumbed to that thing we call greed and when his master gave him instructions which led to a deal being cut in which sums of money are paid to individuals for ones financial gain, this resulted in lies and deceit and now he needs to be honest with the Pinball community and tell them what has happened.

Wayne unfortunately you are only interested in obtaining the Jersey Jack distributorship for your financial gain and satisfaction.

Unfortunately when I am lied to by individuals that I trusted and respected and then they break that trust this becomes a disaster.

I have spent thousands of dollars on legal fees because of the deceitful ways of various Bumper Directors and employees and I will make sure the truth is told !

As far as the white stuff, you will have to ask Rob and Paul Hill !!

Like I have said certain people need to be held accountable for their actions and I will make sure this happens !!

For a company to operate for over 40 years and to go out in this fashion is an absolute disgrace....

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from ShowMeTheMoney:

I worked with David Stein for over ten 10 years but unfortunately he has been put under a spell by Del, Rob, Howard and Paul Hill whereby he has been paid very handsomely to keep his mouth shut.

Unfortunately he worked as Del's right hand man and when some people are paid large sums of money they usually obey their master !!!

ALL a bunch of F^$&$ criminals..You are all part to blame for the insipid pinball industry in Australia..
Innocent people assume they are being ripped off BEFORE they even look at buying..becuase that is normal in the pinball game in Oz...

Just F%#^ off and do everyone a favor.

No one should EVER deal with these people or ANYONE involved ever again.

#275 10 years ago

I am so sad for you David that you really believe what is coming out of your mouth,

I will agree to disagree with your comments, dragging David Stein and Monty into your facade is a disgrace.

#276 10 years ago

Don't tell me that you are on Bumper's payroll now too ???

I think the fact that I worked at Bumper for over 10 years gives me greater credibility as to what went on there.

Why don't you want the Pinball community here in Australia and Worldwide to know what went on at Bumper Action ???

#277 10 years ago

It would be nice to get some real information from sources other than disgruntal Ex employees reguarding this bumper business lol. It seems these upset ex employees would be biased in their fact disclosure.
i need to ask myself with prior bumper bashing posts and some being shut down already due to bashing about entitlements etc how serious can some of these allegation be taken 100% serious from people that obviously are going out of their way to trash these bumpers becouse they are under the impression they are owed money as well amd maybe they are but then again its would seem like completely one sided claims as well.

#278 10 years ago

hellfire, you seem to be so eager to fight anyone and everyone here to see the side of bumper and co.. what dog do you have in this fight? some here have lost money. some here have lost a job and money. some here are just angry that others would do wrong to fellow pinheads. what is your motivation for being an ardent defender of bumper and co.?
add to this your eagerness to point all blame of any wrong doing to jjp. do you have an axe to grind with jjp?

#279 10 years ago

I dont have anything against JJP in the least in fact i look very forward to their machines making Sterns machines obsolete. but if they have received money for machines why didnt they get shipped? like it or not it is a factor.

i dont have a dog in this fight but if the only form of information if disgruntal ex employees it should be questioned if look at some of the other show me the money he obviously has serious problems with bumper even Robin shut some down and warned him not to use the forums for publicly bashing others.

And if you look he was a new member and the majority of his topics are all bumper bashing. Or WOZ non delivery posts. Who was he before this bumper bashing started?

Just saying

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I dont have anything against JJP in the least in fact i look very forward to their machines making Sterns machines obsolete. but if they have received money for machines why didnt they get shipped? like it or not it is a factor.
i dont have a dog in this fight but if the only form of information if disgruntal ex employees it should be questioned if look at some of the other show me the money he obviously has serious problems with bumper even Robin shut some down and warned him not to use the forums for publicly bashing others.
And if you look he was a new member and the majority of his topics are all bumper bashing. Or WOZ non delivery posts. Who was he before this bumper bashing started?
Just saying

fair enough. well said sir. fwiw, I don't have a dog in this either. I just hate to see fellow pinheads cheated.

#281 10 years ago

I agree it is terrible people have lost money or whatever has happened i never said it wasnt just irritated how everyone else jumps on the hate wagon everytime there is a new bash thread.
being the only source of info being biased members with one main source being someone whos obvious only purpose on pinside has to been to bash the bumpers.

My argument is there are so many other players involved and perhaps bumper has guilt, but it has been said JJP has sent games as well. business buyout, bankruptcies etc are rarely cut and dries esp when a business has changed hands 3x is very questionable but could have alot of different explanations.

If bumper CEO's havnt been arrested its questionable they have strait up stolen $500k perhaps mismanaged accounts made some bad choices etc but what is the true purpose of the auctions if they are realistic are they selling their property to try and make things right?
there are too many unanswered questions just to blame one party with a few people making their factual statements that have grudges against bumper.
The economy is crap and i dont know about other countries but this has happen to thousands if not millions of people here in the states as well.

People might be irritated i say its the risk that is taken with these preorders but here it has burned people times are rough when you cant trust any money hardly anywhere. sorry but people should be more cautious esp after this has happened for real and not just in my mind lol.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

And if you look he was a new member and the majority of his topics are all bumper bashing. Or WOZ non delivery posts.

You just described noodlebox if you just remove the bashing and swap it will defending. You do know noodle is a current Bumper employee and is only on
pinside since this started right? He has the same bias you are talking about but you chose to defend him? He has told lies here. If you read his posts his story changes as facts come out against Bumper.

I have told you at least two times that you need to read from the beginning to really know who to listen to. When showmethemoney first started it seemed like a mad ex-employee. As details come out, we should have listened earlier.

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

sorry but people should be more cautious esp after this has happened for real and not just in my mind lol.

Thanks for your deep insight. I am sure our Aussie friends appreciate.
But could you at least avoid the "LOL" ending your full-of-wisdom comments?
(and yes, follow this advice: read all threads related to Bumper. It might help you giving even more insightful comments on this matter, if possible)

#284 10 years ago

Don't be hard on hellfire. It's pretty obvious that English is his second language.

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

FlipperMagician said:

Hmm..and how are your provocative comments helping?

Well for one Im not provoking anyone but instead this incident should be used as a learning experience make the pinball companies produce the machines first if they want to get paid.

Quoted from Hellfire:

Who in there right mind forks over thousands on a machine they have no idea what it will be like

Quoted from Hellfire:

It is unfortunate but people need to realize this can happen when they pay months even a year or so before the game even goes into production

Quoted from Hellfire:

Its quite a leap of faith spending thousands on a companies first machine and hoping to get it through a middleman think about it.

Quoted from Hellfire:

Either way Im still correct in the fact this is the risk everyone takes prepaying for machines esp a first machine from a new company through a 3rd party like i said this should be a learning experience for everyone paying for machines before they are even produced.

Quoted from Hellfire:

Sure preorders sound safe and secure to most people but this is a prime example how things can go wrong and obviously it has. i said i would never do it and people should learn from this experience.

Quoted from Hellfire:

like i said this should be a lesson learned in the future for preorder people so it dont happen again.

Quoted from Hellfire:

People might be irritated i say its the risk that is taken with these preorders but here it has burned people times are rough when you cant trust any money hardly anywhere. sorry but people should be more cautious esp after this has happened for real and not just in my mind lol.

brokenrecord.jpgbrokenrecord.jpg

#286 10 years ago

Well glad to see you guys are keeping track at least Ive been heard no next time this happens to people i can say i told you so.
And realy English is my second language is your best reply???? LMAO

Oh well until people provide actual proof like legal judgements its still alot of speculations and hearsay where are the bank records? etc. still sounds like the whole case isn,t air tight to me.

But then again why should i care I havnt lost any money here have I?

Sorry i dont automaticly join in throwing stones at everyone who is accused of something by other people esp people with motives obviously. makes me realy think about how prejudice and sheeplike the pinball community seems to be the most popular threads in these forums are the bashing threads Seems like these forums are more about bashing and accusations than pinball nowdays yet another disgrace to the hobby good job guys.

#287 10 years ago

No, but you jump into the middle of an argument without researching what has already been said. Your comments are less than worthless. You are rehashing a bunch of arguments that have already been settled. If trolling is your objective, you have been successful. Otherwise, you're way off base.

Your best argument is that JJP should ship out 25 machines to someone. This is really worthless nonsense. WHat exactly do you think your contribution to this discussion is?

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Sorry i dont automaticly join in throwing stones at everyone who is accused of something by other people esp people with motives obviously.

When someone comes into Pinside with the sole purpose of defending a company while claiming to be an unrelated but knowledgeable outside party, and then they get caught not only lying about practically everything they claimed was going on, but it turns out they actually work at the company and are the very person they point-blank denied being... that absolutely destroys any credibility or goodwill that person and the company he was doing damage control for ever had. People like that no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt, because if you give it to them they'll walk all over you.

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

Your best argument is that JJP should ship out 25 machines to someone. This is really worthless nonsense.

Yes, that is crazy. Send games to whom? Is Jack supposed to guess and hope the judge agrees? This is not a schoolyard spat; as The Who said: It's A Legal Matter, Baby!

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

Your best argument is that JJP should ship out 25 machines to someone. This is really worthless nonsense. WHat exactly do you think your contribution to this discussion is?

Your right the constant bashing of a company that dont even affect you in the least is by far more constructive. keep up the good work buddy good thing you didnt lose your preorder then huh? If you want to be helpful to these victims perhaps you should buy one of them guys a machine they were supposed to get or start a collection

Quoted from Sunfox:

When someone comes into Pinside with the sole purpose of defending a company while claiming to be an unrelated but knowledgeable outside party, and then they get caught not only lying about practically everything they claimed was going on, but it turns out they actually work at the company and are the very person they point-blank denied being... that absolutely destroys any credibility or goodwill that person and the company he was doing damage control for ever had. People like that no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt, because if you give it to them they'll walk all over you.

You know sunfox out of most of these comments against bumper at least your one of the more rational in this thread. by far more intelligent than the english comments, people like you are more constructive than some others and you do also make a valid point without getting petty thank you

#291 10 years ago

Well glad to see you guys are keeping track at least Ive been heard no next time this happens to people i can say i dont you so.

SeriouslyItMakesNoSenseAtAll.jpgSeriouslyItMakesNoSenseAtAll.jpg

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Yes, that is crazy. Send games to whom? Is Jack supposed to guess and hope the judge agrees? This is not a schoolyard spat; as The Who said: It's A Legal Matter, Baby!

Dont preorder customers have to register there details? JJP could contact the buyers and try to sort it out and at least try to fill some of the orders. or perhaps refund The $150k to the 79 customers until things can get sorted it would at least save face on their part.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Dont preorder customers have to register there details? JJP could contact the buyers and try to sort it out and at least try to fill some of the orders. or perhaps refund The $150k to the 79 customers until things can get sorted it would at least save face on their part.

You see, this is where your lack of knowledge on the subject is a problem. No, Bumper's preorder customers did not have to register with JJP. They are Bumper's customers, not JJP's. For almost a year Jack has been making efforts to get in touch with Bumper's customers, but judging by how few are on Pinside and how few ever showed up on the WOZ owners' forum, this hasn't been an easy task.

Sometime after Bumper's bankruptcy and loss of the JJP distributorship, they said in a public email that they finally gave Jack the complete list and accounting of money, but at the same time someone else said he never received it. I honestly do not know where that stands at this point.

But even if Jack had the list, the 150k is only maybe a quarter of the total money paid (and don't forget the cost of 5 games has been taken out of that, which means there's only $120k left, and another rumor is no one has yet paid shipping and duty on the new games sent). Since you can't give a 100% refund, how do you divvy it up to make everyone 100% happy? You can't, and it's not even Jack's right to do so, so you have to wait for the courts to decide what's done with it.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

That's my point. If Jack distributes $150K how he sees fit and the judge disagrees, Jack is still subject to making whatever distribution the judge may order. I am certain Jack's lawyers are telling him to wait for a ruling from the court. If they are not saying that, Jack needs new lawyers.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Your right the constant bashing of a company that dont even affect you in the least is by far more constructive. keep up the good work buddy good thing you didnt lose your preorder then huh? If you want to be helpful to these victims perhaps you should buy one of them guys a machine they were supposed to get or start a collection

I'm sorry you are logically handicapped. I believe I have done good work in shutting down your baseless defense of the perpetrators in this situation. You are probably one of them. If so, you should use your ill-gotten gain to buy 50 more people the rest of their WOZ's.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I'm sorry you are logically handicapped. I believe I have done good work in shutting down your baseless defense of the perpetrators in this situation. You are probably one of them. If so, you should use your ill-gotten gain to buy 50 more people the rest of their WOZ's.

LOL yeah I have it all? good accusation! in fact another mindless accusation like many others made. seems youre the one worked up here. funny you dont see me casting insults your way. seriously english language being me second language shutting me down? lmao thats what people say when they have nothing better to say in my opinion.
But realisticly this thread does pertain to me a bit i do have dual citizenship afterall in both the US and Australia i am pretty interested in how this plays out a bit.
Seems like what you realy need is someone to complain to or about more than anything, lol

Keyboard courage is all i see from you lol

#297 10 years ago

trolling.jpgtrolling.jpg

#298 10 years ago

Hellfire... The name of the thread is "Bumper sells Jacks Prototype Game Not Owned By Them"

Now the topic has moved to you. Clearly you haven't read all the bumper threads; if you had, you would not be asking such questions, making such assumptions, or defending your position.

Although your now defending your own views, you look foolish under the topic of "Bumper sells Jacks Prototype Game Not Owned By Them". There are hundreds of comments leading this story to this point in time, and your moving the conversation to topics from weeks ago. Topics that have been thought out over days of text. Your currently not adding to this story, all you have done is distract productive communication.

Please stop. .....just stop

#299 10 years ago

An open letter from David Stein.

I have remained silent until now, working quietly in the background 7 day a week for all my Woz friends, until reading these posts I am now forced to reply and get involved in something I wished not too as I can see how they go on endlessly and end up in slinging matches.

I am a caring individual who loves people deeply and would never steal or hurt anyone. What has happened with the Woz Pinball machines will affect me for the rest of my life.

I write to you all as a shattered person who gave 30 years service to helping pinball survive and never put myself or money ahead of other people as has been suggested here by a person I call my friend David Maxton (show me the money) who I talk to regularly as freinds and I cannot understand why he is doing this. He recently placed a glowing report of me a couple of days ago on this forum (which I emailed him to thank him sincerely), then took it down and went on another bash which is completely out of character for him after our last couple of chats.

Many of us employees worked for the previous owner of the original Bumper Action for more than a decade under the previous owner Del Reiss and the Wizard of Oz distribution rights were struck under this original company that ran safely for 40 years. All moneys other than the deposits which were sent to Jack were to be placed in trust for the protection of all customers and everything went smoothly. About a year later Del decided to sell the company and we inherited the new owners who took complete control of the WOZ deal.

From this moment on, none of us had any control over what they did and never saw the books or finances ever again. They appointed their own accountant and all dealings were held behind closed doors. I was dressed down almost immediately and humiliated in front of staff, told I was never to contact my friend Jersey Jack again as they were now dealing with him as I might conflict what they were saying to him, and told in no uncertain terms that I had nothing to do with the business anymore and was simply to just sell and nothing else.

We were told everyones money was safe in the Belhil unit trust they had set up specifically for the WOZ money and all machines were guarranteed.

I was given deposits slips regularly on who had paid into the trust but no balances after an initial period.

When the rumours started flying around about Bumper in early march and we expressed our concerns, we were assured that Paul Hill loved the business, had no intention of selling and in fact in 10 years when he retired, he was planning to sell all his businesses, but would retain Bumper!

We were told to reassure all our customers that everything was fine and they had nothing to worry about. My own concerns grew more and more, and I was constantly assured that I was worrying over nothing. In fact their accountant Rolly just before I handed in my termination letter on June 17 told me that if there was any shortfall, Paul Hill was a very honorable businessman and would reach into his pocket and cover this, so all would recieve their machines, and I had nothing to fear.

This was not just work for me, half these WOZ's were sold to my friends and collegues and the other half I had grown with and we had shared the whole 2 year journey together talking constantly about our thoughts and excitement in all getting our machines. Remember I am also a fully paid up owner of a WOZ (one of the 79) so was in there with them as a customer too. I was the first one to order one and shared all their thoughts and concerns. They were my friends!

A Month after I left for the quite life (i tried to stay until the WOZ deal was completed but just could not take the stress anymore) as I have a stress related desease that can turn fatal if I dont watch myself, Jersey Jack skyped me to tell me about the liquidation notice. This is how I found out.

I was so stunned I could hardy talk. Everything we had been told was a lie and my worst fears had come true.

79 beautiful people so deserving of their machines left for dead, my friends, people I loved talking too, people who trusted in people and supported pinball.

And myself, I found out I had not been payed a cent of superannuation for the entire financial year, my long sevice pro rata gone, my WOZ gone and more. I Have lost around $16,000 in entitlements and my Woz pinball machine I have waited 2.5 years for.

So destroyed by this I have not worked for 10 weeks now, and for the first three weeks could not get off the couch I was in such a dark place, until my wife started screaming at me that she wanted her husband back and the children wanted their father back. I was a zombie, in such mental pain and grief that I just wanted my life to end so the pain would go away. Every year I go to Monash university to teach children about the wonderful hobby of pinball, I write articles for pingame journal and other pinball publications and share the joy of pinball with anyone who has an hour or two. Respected and liked. Now I am the person who sold the WOZ pinballs, to be abused and trashed on the forums, paying for the sins and crimes of others.

Now before I can even grieve my own losses and my friends, the fear and realisation that I may very well get the blame for all this too. It is like a parent who has their child murdered and then is accused of the murder.

It was interesting that many of my opposition pinball companies have been calling me regularly to console me and offer me employment, for they know my character and that I would never be a part of what has taken place. I cannot take their offers for work, for the shame is too much. To read some of the comments posted about myself and David Montebello is just putting the boots in and I hope it gives comfort to the authors to do this. They will be pleased to know that I sleep with a Nintendo DS next to my bed so that when I wake up a couple of times every night with panick attacks, playing solitaire is the only thing that calms me enough to try to get back to sleep. The pain is so often too much to bear. I think about the situation in almost every monent I think. I cant stop thinking about it. I would do anything to get everyone their machines, and for the past 5 weeks I have worked tirelessly with the other three members of the commitee to help in everyway I can to achive this.

To hear my integrity questioned to why I or Monty are on the commitee is the saddest part. We are working overtime, racking up hundreds of dollars in petrol, interstate phonecalls and expenses on top of our losses to try and help everyone, to do something good, to help in ways that only we have the inside knoledge to do, this should not be condemned. We have done nothing to cause what has happened by the new owners of Bumper. We are the victims too and are part of the 79.

I have never recieved a payout from Rob Farrell to keep quite Dave, only suffered all the losses you have suffered. Show me the money...you certainly deserve your long service leave and its a discrace what they have done to you. I have said I would support you and confirm you are entitled to everything you are claiming, we have had many chats about this, so why would you change personalities from one day to the next and write the horrible things you are writing. I am available as always anytime you want to chat.

I urge all to contribute to the fund the oscar has worked tirelessly on. Oscar is one of the most decent people you will ever meet and is as honest as sunshine. We must do everything we can to help every WOZ customer get their machines and with Oscar every cent will be accounted for.
We can all pitch in and help, or we can do nothing and allow this.

I for one would like to feel whole again and be able to look at all the WOZ customers getting there rightly deserved machines. We cannot allow this to happen.

Yours sincerely

David Stein.

#300 10 years ago

tldr;

David Stein says he's not a crook but a victim of the scam as well by bumper owners #2 (from what I can comprehend from this days of our lives stuff).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-sells-jacks-prototype-game-not-owned-by-them/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.