(Topic ID: 120128)

Bumper Flashers... Where Can We All Get These?

By Chosen_S

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

13735025463321189207669.gif
    1419793301198-723164699.jpeg
    #1 9 years ago

I discovered this last night, and I want these bad in all of my games...

What do we do to get these???

I emailed the rimo guy, but it looks like he made these gi/flashers 3 years ago and disappeared... anyone have info???

#2 9 years ago

I think there's an email address on YouTube below the video?

#3 9 years ago

I'm sure someone will pick up this concept and run with it...this is way more interesting to me than the goofy UFO LED rings...

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm sure someone will pick up this concept and run with it...this is way more interesting to me than the goofy UFO LED rings...

BriteMods newest model does a "flash on hit" option with the LED ring cap, but yeah, I could see comet or britemods or somebody else re-creating this if the original guy disappeared.

#5 9 years ago

Looks quite good and i'd be interested in these. One small product unrelated gripe though >> why the crap music for the vid?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

BriteMods newest model does a "flash on hit" option with the LED ring cap, but yeah, I could see comet or britemods or somebody else re-creating this if the original guy disappeared.

Yeah, except for the fact that I don't WANT 90 LEDs staring me right in the face...at any brightness, and I don't need more illumination of the surrounding area on my games..they're plenty bright. The way this one is implemented is perfect IMO. Seems to be nice even lighting from the inside of the pop, and the flasher effect is nice without being ridiculous AND it eliminates that *STUPID* 555 socket as a point of failure. Connection-friendliness leaves a bit to be desired obviously but it's no worse than the star post flashers.

Different strokes....have no problem if people want to use them or even if they are on competition games, but for my house, no....just......no. Sorry.

#7 9 years ago

I don't care much for the britemods either, but I think they can be useful in some situations, I'm going to try the flash on hit on my bride of pinbot, so we will see how that looks, however...

Cointaker has really nice pop bumper led's called afterburners, I plan to implement these, plus add in a 906 flasher wired in to the pop bumper coil to get the flash effect, the 906 is compact enough to fit in the cap with the afterburner. plus if the 906 is too bright, I can always remove a few led's from the pcb.

I plan to do this mod to Radical, the upper area of the pf is really dark, and really needs help in this area, maybe this will be the ticket... although I really want the solution from the original post, it seems to be the best idea I've seen, too bad the dude doesn't seem to be around.

1419793301198-723164699.jpeg1419793301198-723164699.jpeg 13735025463321189207669.gif13735025463321189207669.gif
    #8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

906 flasher wired in to the pop bumper coil

Please keep in mind that your coil voltage is higher than your flasher voltage. This may work for a bit, but will quickly burn out your 906, whether it is LED or not.
    --Scott

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, except for the fact that I don't WANT 90 LEDs staring me right in the face...

I generally agree. Korn has the brightmods evo version on his BOP and that works pretty good since it's so dark in the pop area and they downlight. That's the best use of them that I've seen.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Please keep in mind that your coil voltage is higher than your flasher voltage. This may work for a bit, but will quickly burn out your 906, whether it is LED or not.
    --Scott

Im in communication with Melissa at cointaker trying to decide if I need a resistor in the power line to tighten up the voltage ... unless anyone here has a suggestion

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

If you built custom boards like the original mod, couldn't you add current reduction to the PCB? or use LEDs that are rated to the higher voltage? Do those even exist?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If you built custom boards like the original mod, couldn't you add current reduction to the PCB? or use LEDs that are rated to the higher voltage? Do those even exist?

someone discovered 1851 led's are available the other day, but I like the way the flex 906 is flat and will fit in the cap with little modification

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im in communication with Melissa at cointaker trying to decide if I need a resistor in the power line to tighten up the voltage ... unless anyone here has a suggestion

I have an idea, but it would end up in your coil's transistor taking the coil voltage + the flasher voltage which probably = not good, depending on what the tolerance of those drivers are..

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have an idea, but it would end up in your coil's transistor taking the coil voltage + the flasher voltage which probably = not good, depending on what the tolerance of those drivers are..

can't I use a diode along the negative line from the flasher to keep the voltage from going back to the driver? maybe a n4004?

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I generally agree. Korn has the brightmods evo version on his BOP and that works pretty good since it's so dark in the pop area and they downlight. That's the best use of them that I've seen.

I just did this to mine after seeing Korns. I generally hate stuff like this but in limited circumstances I think it works. In BoP its it super dark in that corner. Even so I have mine turned down from full to somewhere between 50 and 75%

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-flashers-where-can-we-all-get-these and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.