(Topic ID: 58556)

Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund!

By Ballypinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gary Stern.jpg
JohnClark-FP.jpg
image.jpg
banned.JPG
popcorn.jpg
getaway.JPG
Bumper.JPG
Liquidated_store.JPG
Kidding.JPG
Phantom_Puller.jpg
tumbleweed2small.gif
Too_late.JPG
Bumper_Reg.JPG
07-minister.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#699 9 years ago

So help me understand this...., if Bumper was your distributer and Bumper sent your money to JJP, how would JJP refund your money? How would he even be able to determine who and how much money to send back to? I don't believe JJP gets a list from distributers that would list who these games are actually being ordered for. Wouldn't that be documented by Bumper only, since JJP doesn't really care who the end user is in this case, only that Bumper ordered X amount of games they need to build and ship to Bumper?

I know this is the last thing I would want to hear if I were in your shoes but you guys really need to fight this on a legal angle in Aussie. I feel really bad for you guys and I'm not sure what I would do myself if this were to happen to me. I can't believe corporations can get away with this stuff in your country.

#702 9 years ago

How do you know JJP isn't going to build these 22 machines?

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

How do I know? This is the biggest financial loss to buyers of a new pinball in history! This should be front and centre of Jacks agenda to fix. Forget standards, forget walk ups, forget everyone who has been waiting 2 years, we have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars! If he can't put every thing on hold and build these 22 machines for people who have lost so much money and he still has 130k financial advantage out, well there something seriously wrong with his business ethic. He is as bad as Bumper, taking that money and delivering nothing, especially with what has happened puts him in the class of a common thief. Good luck to all waiting on machines. I'd be on the phone immediately.

Has anyone in your WF group tried to talk to JJP and see where they are on building these 22 machines? I'm just trying to come up with suggestions..

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

This should be front page news for a LONG time here on Pinside. IMIHO this thread should be stickied forever. New pin people need to know that they could get robbed in this fashion at any time and the JJP will not help. Whether JJP can help or not is irrelevant, there is no help forthcoming. Buyer be very very beware .
It is clear to me that the burden here lies with the manufacturer. He picked the distributors. He told the people "Hey buy games from this guy he is OK by me." Then - back pedalling. Distributor turns out to be a THIEF then the manufacturer should step up. It's the people who are getting robbed. Pin players and customers.

I don't believe this is true at all. In most cases a person applies to become an authorized distributer. If you meet their requirements, then they grant you as an authorized dealer. They don't pick up the phone book and ask Joe Shmoe if he wants to be a distributer.

The burden does not lie with JJP. There only obligation is to build what they were paid for, nothing more.

2 weeks later
#732 9 years ago

I was just there maybe over a week ago and i did notice several machines boxed and bound for Australia. I am almost positive they said Aussie LE, ....but they were there. Maybe a ray of hope. Hoepfully they are for the group and not just a distributer order.

#761 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Aussie LE are prob for distributer, there waiting for EC wozles

I though the Aussie LE's were for the group, and anyone else in Aussie who wanted an EL but never got the chance because of the Bumper debacle?

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Nope they're for Wayne to sell. Not for the group! There are 22 machines for the group to recoup whatever money we can get and redistribute to everyone

Sorry, my mistake.

Hang in there guys. I dont think Jack is out to take anyones money. I think he has to be very careful given the circumstances. I dont think anyone knows all the details or what is invovled here. I beleive Jack will build the games he was paid for and him offering them at a discount is a very nice gesture.

Another thing, i dont think there is a person here who doesnt feel for those who got screwed by Bumper. So the comments of "well if this happened in America..." are uncalled for.

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I believe Jack's hands are tied and if he did refund the money the lawyers and liquidators would get it all and the guys that lost their money wouldn't see a dime of it.
Sad situation and it seems like the crooks who stole the money are protected by the law in Oz.

Most likely so. The situation is not as cut and dry as some people might think.

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Jack isn't offering a discount at all... If he offered something like that I would consider

Jack isn't offering a discount at all... If he offered something like that I would consider maybe buying one. But no he offered nothing of the sort. If he offered to sell us machine at cost it would certainly be a gesture anyone would think of but nope

And I thought Jack was offering the LEs at a lower cost so the group would be sent as many as possible for a better chance of everyone recouping as much of their money as possible? Where did I read this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-action-amusements-pty-ltd-in-liquidation?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.