(Topic ID: 58556)

Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund!

By Ballypinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gary Stern.jpg
JohnClark-FP.jpg
image.jpg
banned.JPG
popcorn.jpg
getaway.JPG
Bumper.JPG
Liquidated_store.JPG
Kidding.JPG
Phantom_Puller.jpg
tumbleweed2small.gif
Too_late.JPG
Bumper_Reg.JPG
07-minister.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Wow Noodle, you're just dodging the truth left and right aren't you? YOU said this exact thing:
"And if a customer wanted to get a refund, well JJ doesn't seem to provide those based on other forum comments"
In that context you were talking about Jersey Jack, so I am assuming you mean JJ=Jersey Jack. Thus it's inferred that you're saying "Jersey Jack doesn't seem to provide refunds".
You're the one that posted that, just a little ways back in this banquet of BS...

And I was correct. JJ does not return deposits. JJ resells the machine and returns the dough because he just onsold it for more money.

That is NOT the same as paying out a full refund on a deposit when asked, without tying it to a machine resale.

JJ has provided competition to a stale industry, more power to him. He put his distributors in difficult positions all around the world by over-promising and under-delivering.

Your comments appear like blind defence of a countryman who has messed up forecasting his delivery times and the complexity of what he was trying to make. I don't have anything against Americans, only nongs who post without checking facts.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Its Funny how noodles is turning on everyone here

I'll turn 'em on, and you can turn them off.

#253 10 years ago

Zinger score, Noodlebox 3, Ballypinball 0.

#255 10 years ago

That's me for the night, see y'all.

#256 10 years ago

Hope ya like your Tron

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

And I was correct. JJ does not return deposits. JJ resells the machine and returns the dough because he just onsold it for more money.
That is NOT the same as paying out a full refund on a deposit when asked, without tying it to a machine resale.

It doesn't really matter that he resold it, the original buyer still get a refund. Right.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Do you realize how utterly stupid that comment is? It really just keeps making you look even more silly to say things like that.

You stated JJP doesn't give refunds. That is a blatant *LIE*, Untruth, Falsehood, etc.

Now you're trying to qualify your statement by saying that he doesn't give people back the exact same monies that they gave him in the first place?!?!

Geez, that has got to be one of the most inane comments I've read on Pinside in a long time and trust me, there have been plenty of posts in that category.

WHY WOULD ANYONE CARE?!?!?!?!?!? Do you think businesses take deposits from people in cash only, stick a PostIt on their pile of cash with their name on it and then set that pile in a vault somewhere?!?!? Just in case they have to give it back? Oi vey......

It's becoming very, very clear that you don't have a clue how businesses operate.

#260 10 years ago

Not a refund as the law sees it, refunds are to be unencumbered, JJs are not.

#261 10 years ago

I will leave this to Gary, I'm hungry now

Mato give me some popcorn

#262 10 years ago

GaryMartin
You have no idea about Australian laws that govern deposits, lay-bys (lay-aways) and refunds, and it appears you don't know how JJ is dealing with things. All you have seen is the spin put on it.

Why would anyone care? Because it's the difference between being seen to be doing the right thing and not. JJ is a salesman.

Call me stoopid one more time and I'll have to apply for US citizenship.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

GaryMartin
You have no idea about Australian laws that govern deposits, lay-bys (lay-aways) and refunds, and it appears you don't know how JJ is dealing with things. All you have seen is the spin put on it.
Why would anyone care? Because it's the difference between being seen to be doing the right thing and not. JJ is a salesman.
Call me stoopid one more time and I'll have to apply for US citizenship.

Okay, no problem. "Stupid".

Question #1, who is making the Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine?

Question #2. *WHAT COUNTRY* is that company in?

Question #3. If you *purchase* something from that Company, what countries conventions and Laws apply to that purchase? IE, if someone in Australia buys something direct from said company.

Your statements were false, untrue, lies. JJP has refunded anyone that preordered directly with them and then requested a refund from said pre-order on any machine they make, WOZ or TH.

The acts of unscrupulous businesmen in Australia are their's and their's alone, not JJPs.

You know what, I'm tired of trying to have a battle of wits with an obviously unarmed opponent. I'm dropping you on the Ignore list.

I do feel really bad for any Aussies that got screwed over by this bunch of weasles involved with Bumper Amusements in any shape or form.

EDIT: Ban vote issued for name calling/attacking each other. Ask questions but keep it civil.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Ban vote issue for name calling/personal attack, keep it civil please.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Okay, no problem. "Stupid".
Question #1, who is making the Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine?
Question #2. *WHAT COUNTRY* is that company in?
Question #3. If you *purchase* something from that Company, what countries conventions and Laws apply to that purchase? IE, if someone in Australia buys something direct from said company.
Your statements were false, untrue, lies. JJP has refunded anyone that preordered directly with them and then requested a refund from said pre-order on any machine they make, WOZ or TH.
The acts of unscrupulous businesmen in Australia are their's and their's alone, not JJPs.
You know what, I'm tired of trying to have a battle of wits with an obviously unarmed opponent. I'm dropping you on the Ignore list.
I do feel really bad for any Aussies that got screwed over by this bunch of weasles involved with Bumper Amusements in any shape or form.

Hmmm, a baseball fan? Three strikes (your three empty posts) and you out yourself.

EDIT: Ban vote issued for attacking other Pinsiders to this point. Keep it civil.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Ban vote issued

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

JJ does not return deposits. JJ resells the machine and returns the dough because he just onsold it for more money.

At least they get there 100% money back, and not having to lose $1200.
Oww crap you're also getting interest on the prepaid WOZ too.
Not bad.

#266 10 years ago

LOL, this thread is like a couple of drunks fighting over who's sports team is better at an Outback Steakhouse bar

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

LOL, this thread is like a couple of drunks fighting over who's sports team is better at an Outback Steakhouse bar

Im pretty sure that scene would make more sense than this one.

#268 10 years ago

I will leave this to Gary, I'm hungry now
Mato give me some popcorn

Sure, buttered popcorn with salt........mmmmm

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

They all know that the west coast eagles are the better sports team.......

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

Not a refund as the law sees it, refunds are to be unencumbered, JJs are not.

what are you smoking???? JJ refunds 100% of what was paid. where do you get that first you have to wait for him to resell it for more? that's laughable.

first there are people waiting in line for someone to drop out. 2nd do you think he should refund more then was deposited? that makes sense(not). or should he not resell it at all.

#271 10 years ago

From Jack on July 27, 2013.

"Well, I have a distributor in Australia. He ordered 76 ECLEWOZ games in March of 2011. Since then he advanced us $150,000 on a $456,000 order. I sent him 4 games last week and next week probably another 7.

Why should he be rewarded for not paying us when he collected money from his customers.

I can sell those games now for....well on eBay apparently for $9400 each. Who is he to speculate and hedge on my back?"

Based on what info I can find, JJP is a US company. They sold 76 machines for $6,000 each to a distributor. That distributor has paid for 25 of those machines. JJP is shipping machines and is expecting payment that is overdue. I would not expect more than 25 pins to head that way without more money.

We do not know why the payments are not getting sent and only the owner of the distributing company can answer that. Anything else is speculation.

I am not even going to start on how 11 games are headed for a March 2011 order. That is a different thread.

#272 10 years ago

It is also quite interesting that Noodle says Bumper was looking out for the interests of their customers by not sending full payment and insisting that payment of the balance was to be made upon shipment of the machine.

So..... why didn't they really look out for their customers and only collect the deposit to hold the machines? They say the money went into a 'trust' account so there was no real need to collect it. My favourite and safest trust account is my own bank account!!!

The risk customers took was assuming Bumper would have the money held in trust (and they may? - we just don't have anything more than the assurances of a phoenix company that has risen from the ashes of a liquidated company). Many believe the better risk would have been to allow Jack at JJP to hold their money.

#273 10 years ago

They should of ordered direct of jjp, yep would of had to pay shipping and customs but they would be sitting back with a woz.......not there fault though that they are going to get screwed

Someone pass me the popcorn!!!

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Haha maybe everyone is being taken for a fool........

im Bill Gates

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

EDIT: Ban vote issued for name calling/attacking each other. Ask questions but keep it civil.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Ban vote issue for name calling/personal attack, keep it civil please.

Wow, a ban vote for calling a Duck a Duck. Looks like one, smells like one, quacks like one, must *be* one.

I apologize for calling this Duck person stupid. Instead I will just continue to ignore him and his Duck comments.

#276 10 years ago

Hi Bill I need some more gates

#277 10 years ago

Hi Bill I need some more gates

Or popcorn

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Wow, a ban vote for calling a Duck a Duck. Looks like one, smells like one, quacks like one, must *be* one.
I apologize for calling this Duck person stupid. Instead I will just continue to ignore him and his Duck comments.

A little OT but I wanted to answer this for everybody that wonders.
You made your point without the name calling really well. If he had not reacted to it I may have let it go, but that is the stuff we don't want, negative crap just builds and we know how that ends up. We are going to try and be more strict on negativity while still trying to let conversations go on.

It has been pretty good so far, a little tense from a few a times, but I think a lot of good info all around.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

I'll turn 'em on, and you can turn them off.

What's that about sexual innuendo again?

Quoted from Noodlebox:

When you deal with any overseas suppliers, you don't pay in full up front for anything. It's like providing a free loan or gift to an anonymous stranger in an overseas country.

Well, Jack's not exactly "anonymous". But here's a question: I assume that most Australian WOZ pre-orderers have paid Bumper in full for their machines. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if paying JJP all that money is a bad idea because it, in part, equates a "free loan", then what's the benefit to customers to give Bumper that same free loan, versus JJP, or even holding onto it themselves?

Hopefully Bumper converted their funds to USD long ago, since AUD/USD has gone from a peak of $1.10 in 2011 to $0.90 now (so at $6500 USD, WOZ has gone from $5910 AUD to $7220 AUD).

#280 10 years ago

yes sunfox and add the $300 us per Qubec Metre for shipping WOZ =1.5 m3 + Local fees and 5 % Duty and 10% GST on the total, that would be almost more than thay charged the customers?

so not much profit left

#281 10 years ago

BallyPinball and Noodlebox, if all you're gonna do is throw stones at each other I think you are better of using the PM system. I'm contemplating closing this mess, so this is my final warning to keep this discussion civil and stop attacking each other.

#282 10 years ago

Think they may have shat the money bed

#283 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

BallyPinball and Noodlebox, if all you're gonna do is throw stones at each other I think you are better of using the PM system. I'm contemplating closing this mess, so this is my final warning to keep this discussion civil and stop attacking each other.

It wouldn't surprise me if they turn out to be husband and wife.

Well said Robin, let them PM themselves stupid.

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

...Can you figure out what the only real proof is, something that will silence all the conspiracy theorists?...

Whenever I see "conspiracy theorist" used as a pejorative, I know the person(s) the slam is pointed at is on to something.

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from Noodlebox:

JJP refunds were made only after the selling price increased. JJP now pays out less then resells for more. Who wouldn't?

Protip: No one is going to believe a word of what you day after that statement.

#286 10 years ago

you mean say keith?

#287 10 years ago

no he meant day.....haha

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

Whenever I see "conspiracy theorist" used as a pejorative, I know the person(s) the slam is pointed at is on to something.

Yeah!!!!!

(...sez the guy that had to Google "pejorative").

#289 10 years ago

I want what Noodlebox is smoking! It's got to be killing brain cells...

#290 10 years ago

Seems like the calm before the Storm, Administrator Meeting Mon at 11am

I hear someone from the media will be there.

#291 10 years ago

well this thread has slowed down so I expect it to fire up again come Monday

#292 10 years ago

If none of the creditor's go to the meeting on monday and put pressure on the liquidator then it's going to be businesses as usual for Bumper.

They claim it's a new company but still continue their old practices.

#293 10 years ago

Does "Chopper" Read have a deposit on a WOZ?

#294 10 years ago

Uncle chop chop

#295 10 years ago

No but i hear Chop Chop does debt collecting

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Does "Chopper" Read have a deposit on a WOZ?

No but i hear Chop Chop does debt collecting

haha......

#297 10 years ago

So Monday lets her some facts not speculation. Keep up the civil thread guys

#298 10 years ago
Quoted from I8UB4:

So Monday lets her some facts not speculation. Keep up the civil thread guys

um....Welcome to Pinside.

#299 10 years ago

What i want to know is why Noodlebox has the same isp as Bumper on another Forum?

#300 10 years ago

What i want to know is why Noodlebox has the same isp as Bumper on another Forum?

......snap

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 801 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-action-amusements-pty-ltd-in-liquidation/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.