(Topic ID: 278350)

Bullseye 301 Grand Products scoring and diagnostics questions.

By billyseven

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Howdy,

First post here, so's I hope in the correct area... and sorry in advance for the length. I figured that since I'm new here I should show that I've put some effort forth with this problem before asking others to "fix-it" for me

I'm working on bringing a basket case Bullseye 301 back to life and have observed some odd behavior with this particular game, then again I'm not really certain as to how it is supposed to operate.

There is zero acid damage to the MPU board (35 version) and I've confirmed the board appears to have been converted correctly (jumpers and cut traces).

When you hit the scoring targets on the playfield, the score will often not decrease equally to the value of the target (I.E. you hit #10, and it may or may not decrease by 10 points). It seems there are two or three values each target will register including increasing the score by that much (even though the dip switch on the MPU is set for counting down).

When using the switch diagnostics only about half of the targets register correctly against their chart in the "manual", while others will register as duplicates of a switch number already used. HOWEVER, when you hit a target during game play, the correct controlled lamp always registers on the "dartboard" or for that feature lamp (such as the words for "D A R T")

So here's where I'm getting confused.

The game seems to register the switches correctly buy showing them correctly through the controlled lamps during play (even though they double/triple up with the same number in the switch test), however the scoring seems wrong with counting up, down, and values other than the target hit.

I've also confirmed all of the playfield wiring jibes with the connectors in the backbox. I've also checked switch diodes and caps on the standups.

Doubled checked diodes and connections on MPU as well as the DIP. Again, I've not found any corrosion or acid damage.

So do other's games score like this?

I ran the eproms against ROMIDENT which ID'ed them correctly.

I've carefully looked over the MPU board and wiring.

If there was a ROM issue I would think it wouldn't boot.

Swapped PIA's around with no change.

Yeeeeahh... so's I'm kinda at a loss here.

Any help and/or input would be much appreciated.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bullseye-301-grand-products-scoring-and-diagnostics-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.