• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111902.jpg
111901.jpg
#1 10 years ago

This was only released in kit form & 150 units ever made( by Grand Products)
Kit was supposed to be for early bally ss machines using all of the existing boards & came with an extra board for extra lighting.
Anyone know about the donor cabinet for this conversion kit; ie Can you use either 6 or 7 digit score or does it have to be only 1 of them? Which one?
Does anyone have a pic of the cabinet , painted up, using the stencil kit that came with the kit?
Do these playfields use Bally parts?
Any other info?
Thanks. Dave

#2 10 years ago

The only one I've ever seen had been a Kiss before the conversion, the kit used the bally MPU with modification but a non-bally sound board. The cab was painted black and had small(approx 1 foot square) stickers on each side that were obviously from the kit as they were themed w/ the playfield and BG. I don't remember about the # of score digits but it's probably six digit as that's what Kiss used.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

This was only released in kit form & 150 units ever made( by Grand Products)
Kit was supposed to be for early bally ss machines using all of the existing boards & came with an extra board for extra lighting.
Anyone know about the donor cabinet for this conversion kit; ie Can you use either 6 or 7 digit score or does it have to be only 1 of them? Which one?
Does anyone have a pic of the cabinet , painted up, using the stencil kit that came with the kit?
Do these playfields use Bally parts?
Any other info?
Thanks. Dave

It converted any 6 digit game from Stern or Bally to a 7 digit game. Do you have a full kit and software ? I have Gamatron's from Pinstar and they are a variety of mech's. Mostly classic stern with some gameplan, and gottlieb materials.

#4 10 years ago

Well I realized there are 2 versions. 1 by Pinstar and 1 by Grand Products. They are the same from what I can tell. My knowledge is of Gamatron pinstar kits.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

It converted any 6 digit game from Stern or Bally to a 7 digit game. Do you have a full kit and software

Its the complete kit, everything is there,
Brand new playfield
new backglass
new sound board
new lamp extender board
2 x game roms
game manual
game instructions.
Not sure about the stencil kit as I still have not seen it & will not see it for a few weeks. Just making enquiries now so I know what I am up for.
So possible to use stern ss? Hope so because I have a project Galaxy with planked playfield

#6 10 years ago

4 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Hi, did you ever end up buying this pin? It would be really cool to see a game play video of this since information on the web (other than from IPDB) seems fairly scarce.

I have a project 301 sitting in storage, mainly has a couple broken plastics, but who knows if I ever get to restoring it.

111901.jpg111901.jpg 111902.jpg111902.jpg
1 month later
#8 9 years ago

I got the kit but as yet it still is not installed into the cabinet ( Mata Hari with fingered playfield & backglass) that I got also. Do you have any pics of cabinet artwork

#9 9 years ago

Just an FYI, the game had unique roms/sound board. Although I believe you could use the existing chimes in a game that had them. It's 6 digit and as far as I know, side-art was never offered for one of these "kits". The converted one I had was a playboy painted black.

#10 9 years ago

I picked up a Bullseye 301 locally today. It has acid damage to the MPU, but looks nice otherwise. Guy I bought it from says it was playing perfectly until about a year ago, when it just stopped booting properly. He tried to have it repaired, and didn't fare well with a local repair man, so he sold it to me.

Once I get it fixed up, I'll get some gameplay video on youtube. It sounds like it may have really interesting scoring, so I'm looking forward to getting this one fixed up!

#11 9 years ago

Collin, Would be interested in the software if you have it.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Collin, Would be interested in the software if you have it.

Software? As in the game ROM images? I think those are available on IPDB, if I'm not mistaken.

4 months later
#13 9 years ago

i have a new populated PF for sale for one, one board of some sort with it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Neffs, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bullseye-301-conversion-kit-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.