Bullseye 301... Anyone play this, ever?

By JustJared

11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hey all,

I saw a Bullseye 301 recently for sale. I'm wondring if anyone has played this. I didn't find many videos explaining the game or the scoring. Is this game even worth looking into?

Thanks for any comments.

Jared

#2 11 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=Bullseye+301&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

Weird kit made as a one-off by Grand Products. Game is certainly unique. Boards are proprietary and thus the game is difficult to work on

#3 11 months ago

I've played one - it's a unique game. Basically, each target has a point value and you try to hit enough to add up to 301. The goal is to complete 301 as many times as possible.

Be aware that parts are hard to come by - GPI designed their own unique parts and switches (mostly out of plastic), so they're not compatible with Bally, Williams or Gottlieb parts.

#4 11 months ago

I never played it but there was a somewhat local guy who had the conversion kit complete for sale for a couple hundred bucks and it sat unsold for a long long time

#5 11 months ago

I played the one at Pinfest and it was pretty cool. Had a price of 1800 obo.
I feel it needed stronger flippers.,It felt like a Bally from the 80's. Wouldn't mind having another go at it.
-Mike

#6 11 months ago

Have a backglass for one and tried to get a populated playfield out of Florida but no luck. As Isochronic_Frost said the sound board is unique and it uses an aux light board and modified MPU. The sound board is likely the hardest thing to replicate.

#7 11 months ago

As an avid dart thrower (and pinball player), I've wanted to play one of these for YEARS. Finally got to play the one at Pinfest this weekend.

Summed up, if you understand 301, singles/doubles/triples, and outs in darts, it sort of makes sense in pinball, albeit the "translation" is sort of goofy.

I only played a couple three games on it, and found that the actual game's scoring, compared to the dart tasks/scoring within the game, was a little confusing. The sooner you got down to your "out" and light the win insert, the better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bullseye-301-anyone-play-this-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.