(Topic ID: 181101)

Bulk buy - price advice

By Chippewa-Pin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chippewa-Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have an opportunity to do a bulk purchase. I have not seen the pins and am only going by the owner saying all 6 pins are in mint condition.

The pins are: IJ (Wms), WH2O, CFTBL, W?D, Flintstones (Wms), FT

What would a fair offer be for all 6 if they are in mint condition?
What would a fair offer be for all 6 if they are in very good condition?

I'm thinking around $20k-$25k

#5 7 years ago

I will for sure teekee. Just a note that they are from a private collector.

#7 7 years ago

He's thinking $25k. If they are mint, that's right around top dollars for all 6. If very good, maybe $20k ?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

And make sure you get lots of details on location, etc. before you go somewhere with $20K cash.

Excellent point. I would be inspecting the pins in person and with my nephew. My bank has a branch local to where he lives. I wouldn't have cash in hand when first seeing the pins.

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I always call when I need to take out more than $2k, but it's a good reminder to call the local branch. I would tell the seller up front that I wouldn't be bringing $xxk to his house.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You've got to really love ALL those games to pay top dollar for the collection.
Every one of those games is commonly available.
I'd want a serious discount to buy those B & C grade games too.

I'm not planning to keep all of them. The lure isn't making money, it's potentially saving money on a few pins that I want that could be in mint condition. I doubt they are, but we'll see.

As you know, A,B,C is very subjective. IJ, WH2O & CFTBL are all desirable pins, especially if they are in mint condition.

This won't happen for a few months, so I'll report back with pics when I do get to go see them.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

sight unseen? I wold go any higher than $15k. Not that it's any of our business but you wouldn't happen to be buying these from some dude in California who lists on Craigslist all over the USA and says the machines are "MINT". Even sends you nice pictures but then tells you he can't take anymore pics because they are all wrapped up? That's a SCAM! That dude has been trying to pull crap like this for the last several months. I'd hate to see any fellow pinhead get CHOGGARD! But if it's legit...congrats but I'd be very skeptical.

I never buy sight unseen. Too much risk. I would if it was from someone I trust.

I haven't seen those ads around here. Thanks for the heads-up. This didn't come about from someone having an ad somewhere.

Quoted from 0geist0:

W?D and Flintstones are awesome pins. Not "Stinkers" by any stretch of the imagination.

I've only played Flintstones once or twice and I think it's decent. I have played W?D quite a bit. It's a really fun pin.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Don't count on them being mint but the bottom line... even if these things are nothing more than 6 decent fully working pins you have 20k there minimum.

The $20k was my thought too. If not mint and I can get them for $15k, then it would be worth it.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think the only way to do it is to set a price on each one, once you've seen them. Once that's done, you figure a package price for them all. I'm not sure how much the seller will lower it for a package deal, but it's going to save him a LOT of hassle trying the sell them individually.

I agree and I figure $16k - $18k for player+ condition and $20k - $23k for very good condition. Hopefully I still have enough money left over to buy you that beer at Expo!

Quoted from vid1900:

I though this was somebody you had some kind of connection to.
If this is from Craigslist - run!

I do, it's NOT from a selling place like Craigslist or eBay.

2 months later
#36 7 years ago

So I finally got connected with the guy. As most people expected, they aren't in mint condition, but they are in very nice condition. They could all use a good cleaning. Very nice cabinets with little to no fade on any of them. Very nice playfields with no wear that I could see.

He has decided to keep the Fish Tales, but is looking to do a package deal on the other 5:

IJ (Wms) - Very, very nice.
WH2O - Re-import - 1 cracked plastic - No wear at the Lost Mine kickout. Nice topper with a few very minor wrinkles.
CFTBL - Hologram not working. He can't figure out why not. Very nice shape.
Flinstones (Wms) - Beautiful pin.
W?D - Still at his storage facility so I didn't get to see this one. He said one wheel is stuck.

He values the 6 pins at $30k and said he would have taken $25k for them. He's keeping FT though, so I'm not sure what that does to his bottom line price. I was really only interested in the WH2O, but he really wants to sell them as a package. I am not interested in the package deal.

PM me if you are interested and I can forward you his name/phone. He's about 1/2 hour east of Cleveland, OH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chippewa-Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bulk-buy-price-advice?tu=Chippewa-Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.